Random Game Talk (are you really a gamer if you aren't playing BG3?)

skywindO2

10 minutes ago, Tyty said:

I love the story in vampyr, I love the concept and the dialogues and entire thought process there but the game is a mess

-the freeze to load maps is obnoxious and annoying, it even happens while in combat

-when you pause and I pause, your movement is locked until you reset your joystick

-there is no fast travel

-the maps are movement locked so a lot of areas you need to get to are only obtainable in one precise way and nothing on the map is labeled to assist you in finding anything. It’s a ton of running around just to achieve a simple stupid task like getting to a different part of town

I love the idea behind all of it but it would’ve been better off in Ubisoft’s hands or another similar quality AAA developer. 

Lol immediately after posting this I came across my exact issues I cried about here lol. Don’t mind my sons snoring and the whole filming vertically thing 

it froze four times while traveling through this little area (I backtracked all the way back to the main camp because getting from one part to the other was too complicated when it shouldn’t lol). Every time it stopped loading you see me teleport like side to side and backwards. Does that until I let go of the analog stick and reset it lol. 

• Like 1

One thing I don’t mind about the game that doesn’t make sense for the AI is you can loot an NPC’s stuff and steal all their possessions in their house directly in front of them and they won’t even remotely pay any notice to it. I don’t think I’ve ever seen that in a game before where an npc just doesn’t care if you take their life savings lol

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Tyty said:

One thing I don’t mind about the game that doesn’t make sense for the AI is you can loot an NPC’s stuff and steal all their possessions in their house directly in front of them and they won’t even remotely pay any notice to it. I don’t think I’ve ever seen that in a game before where an npc just doesn’t care if you take their life savings lol

Tommy Wiseau logic "Maybe is vampire?" solves all problems. 

• Like 1

On 4/29/2019 at 11:40 PM, RandyMossIsBoss said:

Just put down the Dragon Quest 8 remake on 3DS for good. Sank over 90 hours in it since Christmas. Great RPG, put very frustrating end game dungeon, too much relying on RNG. One thing I like in RPGs is the idea that if I become level 99, get all the best weapons, the best equipment, etc., I can kick ***! Not the case at all. Some probably enjoy that actual challenge, but I like a more relaxing experience!

I agree to a point...but strategy is part of it too.  However, I dont like overly hard games either.  I like a challenge, and if gameplay is REALLY good, I dont mind some really hard parts, but I dont want to get too frustrated trying to get through a game I am playing for leisure.

Some friends talked me into getting Rainbow Six Siege a couple weeks ago so I bought the deluxe bundle or something and got all the year 1 operators. I thought the game was a generic shooter but it's actually much more interesting than that. I'm so bad at it but every now and then I have a good round and it keeps me wanting to play more. It's like golf I guess. Community is super toxic but I guess that's every online community these days. I couldn't see myself playing without friends because of that.

On defense I like Rook, Frost, Kapkan, and Bandit(because I got the black ice skin for one of his weapons). On offense, I like Sledge, Glaz, and Blackbeard. 

1 hour ago, skywindO2 said:

Some friends talked me into getting Rainbow Six Siege a couple weeks ago so I bought the deluxe bundle or something and got all the year 1 operators. I thought the game was a generic shooter but it's actually much more interesting than that. I'm so bad at it but every now and then I have a good round and it keeps me wanting to play more. It's like golf I guess. Community is super toxic but I guess that's every online community these days. I couldn't see myself playing without friends because of that.

On defense I like Rook, Frost, Kapkan, and Bandit(because I got the black ice skin for one of his weapons). On offense, I like Sledge, Glaz, and Blackbeard. 

I've been rotating a lot of online games over the years, and this is the case with basically all team games. Once you get out of the pool of players who are either messing around or don't know what they're doing, and go into the pool of players who know some basics and now think they're semi-pro because they watched a pro match earlier, that's when you get most people experience of toxic communities.

Only place where this doesn't exist in my experience is 1v1 games, where you can't blame anyone but yourself if you lose and can't spin it any other way.

1 minute ago, Mossburg said:

Yea, I've been following the radioactive fallout of this the last couple days.

Oof.

The good thing is, Rocket League is already a well established game, so hopefully nothing changes that much about the game.  The bad part is... normally when a business 'cashes out' like this, it means that the people who ran the company, who loved doing what they did will now be gone and they'll be replaced by some mediocre people who don't have the passion or knowledge to do the game justice.  

1 minute ago, showtime said:

The good thing is, Rocket League is already a well established game, so hopefully nothing changes that much about the game.  The bad part is... normally when a business 'cashes out' like this, it means that the people who ran the company, who loved doing what they did will now be gone and they'll be replaced by some mediocre people who don't have the passion or knowledge to do the game justice.  

We're still waiting for all the relevant details to be announced, outside of the typical corporate drivel they released so far. But since they acquired the entire studio, I think the game will remain and the same people will handle it, barring them leaving or Epic having some top down influence or whatever.

People are more pissed off because there have been reports of the game being pulled off Steam eventually.

The concern over Rocket League leaving Steam is more so related to the community support the game has through the workshop. The RL youtube community is heavily involved with making custom maps. Personally, as long as Epic isnt going to make any changes to the gameplay than I will be excited for this move. Psyonix has always been relatively clueless when it comes to marketing the eSport and even putting the events together. Epic and Psyonix have always had a tight relationship though, they used to share an office together in Cary, NC before they left to LA. This has been my go to game for a solid 3 years now and I am cautiously optimistic about this. Just please please please dont change the gameplay. Just give us better servers and I will be a happy man.

• Like 1

16 hours ago, Cheesehawk said:

The concern over Rocket League leaving Steam is more so related to the community support the game has through the workshop. The RL youtube community is heavily involved with making custom maps. Personally, as long as Epic isnt going to make any changes to the gameplay than I will be excited for this move. Psyonix has always been relatively clueless when it comes to marketing the eSport and even putting the events together. Epic and Psyonix have always had a tight relationship though, they used to share an office together in Cary, NC before they left to LA. This has been my go to game for a solid 3 years now and I am cautiously optimistic about this. Just please please please dont change the gameplay. Just give us better servers and I will be a happy man.

Most people, from what I've seen, aren't even talking about the workshop or anything like that.  For people on PC, the concern is about the EPIC launcher.  Their launcher is absolute crap - it has ZERO security, doesn't have any community features and even takes away feedback/reviews on games, which a lot of people on Steam find resourceful.  That was what the massive uproar about Borderlands 3 being on the EPIC launcher was all about. 

17 minutes ago, showtime said:

Most people, from what I've seen, aren't even talking about the workshop or anything like that.  For people on PC, the concern is about the EPIC launcher.  Their launcher is absolute crap - it has ZERO security, doesn't have any community features and even takes away feedback/reviews on games, which a lot of people on Steam find resourceful.  That was what the massive uproar about Borderlands 3 being on the EPIC launcher was all about. 

so basically, buy RL now on steam before you may be forced to purchase it through epic

17 minutes ago, Cheesehawk said:

so basically, buy RL now on steam before you may be forced to purchase it through epic

There's still a ton of skeptical people regarding this issue.  A lot of people think that the game will eventually stop being updated on Steam in the future, forcing everyone to play it on EPIC's launcher.  If they do this, everyone will play it on Steam because everyone hates EPIC's launcher.  Like, if they gave the freedom to play to play any of their games on Steam.... literally nobody would play on EPIC's launcher.