Random Game Talk (are you really a gamer if you aren't playing BG3?)

skywindO2

48 minutes ago, Spartacus said:

I am but I haven't gotten one since 16. Hopefully improvements to the RTTS mode and a few improvements to franchise/general gameplay I will be very happy. 

You'll probably love it, with that much of gap.  It should feel pretty fresh.

9 minutes ago, Heimdallr said:

so what is the deal with Civ V and Civ VI? I've never played a Civilization game before.

VI is $60 and has mixed reviews. V is $30 and has massively positive reviews.

Should I just get V? What does VI add?

I'm not an expert but I think a lot of the bad reviews for VI were due to some issue with the terms and agreement (sharing of user data).  Those have since been addressed and reviews are a lot better now.  I haven't played V in forever so I don't really recall what was upgraded from V to VI.  Me and a friend just bought VI and have sunk a ton of time playing co-op custom games.

I will say the games are insanely fun.  You'll keep saying one more turn until it's 3 in the morning.  Since this is your first game I'd recommend buying the complete edition for V when it goes on sale.  You'll get all the expansions and DLC included.  Right now there isn't a complete edition for VI so you'll end up spending a lot more money if you buy it now then the add ons.

• Like 1

The districts in Civ VI make it very different from past Civ games where your cities were just one tile on the map and everything was built in the city, with districts each district gets it's in tile with some getting bonuses depending on placement (campus districts produce extra science  for being next to mountains or jungles, theater square districts produce extra culture for being next to wonders, etc...)

Civ VI also tends to push war earlier in the game a lot because Civs tend to start closer to each other than they did in V as well.

Honestly there are positives and negatives to both V is still very playable if you don't want to pay the extra for VI but the changes in VI really do make it a different game.

I will say this though...if you get VI you want the DLC, it adds quite a bit that really does make the game better.

You could always just wait until it's on sale... The base game anyway, the latest DLC just came out recently so I wouldn't expect it on sale all that soon.

I haven't played Civilization in a long while. I sunk massive amounts of time into Civ III back in the day. It may be nostalgia but i still regard it as my favorite Civ game. I actually just downloaded V off my friends Steam account so I might play soon, I've been busy playing The Division 2 in my spare time though. 

On 3/21/2019 at 10:56 PM, Outpost31 said:

Spider-Man isn't what I thought it would be, but it's exactly the type of game I need to hold me over until Days Gone.

I'm just finishing FO4 but don't want to hop into another open world game immediately after. Days Gone will be my next purchase though unless the reviews just destroy it. Really looking forward to it. I'm going to pick up Dying Light in the next couple days so I can prep myself for the second one coming out eventually and tide me over until I get some good reviews of DG.

Finally finished FO4..... Finally. Did the manual save, load to see how much time I supposedly put into it and it said 9 days, 9 hours and some minutes lol. Sheesh. Doesn't seem legit but I did but the game last February so I guess it's possible. It's time for a new game lol

Upset I couldn't finish Far Harbor bc of a damn bug!! Ever since I loaded the DLCs, the game's performance suffered big time. Crashes, glitches, lag, it wasn't good. I'll still play another solo game if they have the sack to release one after the 76 disaster lol

Edited by JTagg7754

2 hours ago, JTagg7754 said:

Finally finished FO4..... Finally. Did the manual save, load to see how much time I supposedly put into it and it said 9 days, 9 hours and some minutes lol. Sheesh. Doesn't seem legit but I did but the game last February so I guess it's possible. It's time for a new game lol

Upset I couldn't finish Far Harbor bc of a damn bug!! Ever since I loaded the DLCs, the game's performance suffered big time. Crashes, glitches, lag, it wasn't good. I'll still play another solo game if they have the sack to release one after the 76 disaster lol

Have you done a survival playthrough? Also did you do 4 endings? You can't just "finish" FO4...

Also have you tried 76 lately? It is a lot different from release.

25 minutes ago, Heimdallr said:

Have you done a survival playthrough? Also did you do 4 endings? You can't just "finish" FO4...

Also have you tried 76 lately? It is a lot different from release.

I didn't do all 4 endings. I don't want to play through it again lol. I'm usually a one and done type. Only game that makes me want to play through again was Horizon: Zero Dawn. Might've been my favorite game I've ever played

76 is online only so I won't play it bc those aren't my types. I just know they lost a ton of people. Hopefully it's better for those who play still! Like I said though, I'm sure the future release of a solo game will be something I invest my time in

On 3/31/2019 at 1:33 AM, JTagg7754 said:

Man, just went through Dying Light's first night mission and that gets the blood pumping!! This game is pretty intense. I like the upgrade system and how things differ tailored to how you play. Looking forward to seeing this one play out

One of the more underrated games of this generation. It's really good and the dlc is also good.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Spartacus said:

One of the more underrated games of this generation. It's really good and the dlc is also good.

I'm really liking it so far. I got the Enhanced edition also for $20 and it has 3 DLCs and apparently better graphics or whatnot. It's fairly difficult too but I read it's gets easier once your character builds up abilities. At that time, I'll probably change the difficulty to "hard". I just got the perk to catapult off zombies shoulders and that added a whole new element to avoiding them lol. I don't like how there's no ability to fast travel but I'm having fun climbing buildings and jumping off of them so it's not too bad. The map is fairly small also and not like Witcher 3 or anything so I'll deal w/ it.