Cowboys, Collins nearing deal

D82

5 minutes ago, Texas_OutLaw7 said:

I mean, Lane is better. But the truly insane thing is had Collins hit Free Agency he would have inked a deal that would have made him the highest paid RT - if not OL - in the league, since that is how FA works.

I am, frankly, amazed he took such a huge discount. 

Lane is better. I just wanted to point out the huge delta between the two since a lot of the Eagles fans were talking about how their contracts are close. 

Just now, Matts4313 said:

Lane is better. I just wanted to point out the huge delta between the two since a lot of the Eagles fans were talking about how their contracts are close. 

Why...would they compare? Eagle fans have the worst little brother syndrome I have ever seen.

If anything Collins should have gotten MORE than Lane. It's why signing talent early has it's benefits. If anything, this deal makes the Giants Nate Solder contract look even worse. 

• Like 2

You have to remember that Collins chose Dallas after he went undrafted and received offers from all 32 teams. He wants to be here. He and Jaylon were always the best candidates to take a team friendly deal, when most assumed Collins would be the odd man out. 

• Like 1

Per Todd Archer 

A breakdown of La’el Collins’ six-year, $58.5 million contract with the Cowboys: Signing bonus - $9 million 2019 base salary - $1.016 million 2020 base salary – $6.45 million ($3.5 million option bonus due fifth day of league year) 2021 base salary - $8.55 million 2022 base salary - $10 million 2023 base salary - $10 million 2024 base salary - $10 million Note: His 2021 base salary becomes fully guaranteed on the fifth day of the league year, and $6.483 of his 2022 base salary becomes fully guaranteed on the fifth day of that league year.

42 minutes ago, WizardHawk said:

Per Todd Archer 

A breakdown of La’el Collins’ six-year, $58.5 million contract with the Cowboys: Signing bonus - $9 million 2019 base salary - $1.016 million 2020 base salary – $6.45 million ($3.5 million option bonus due fifth day of league year) 2021 base salary - $8.55 million 2022 base salary - $10 million 2023 base salary - $10 million 2024 base salary - $10 million Note: His 2021 base salary becomes fully guaranteed on the fifth day of the league year, and $6.483 of his 2022 base salary becomes fully guaranteed on the fifth day of that league year.

Year by year cap hits:

2019: $4,225,084

2020: $8,950,000

2021: $11,050,000

2022: $12,500,000

2023: $12,500,000

2024: $10,700,000

• Like 1

Maliek wasnt gonna get re-signed anyways. His replacement has already been drafted in Hill. If Collins balls out at DT this year consider him gone. If he doesnt ball out but has an average to ok year like he has been having then I could possibly see him being picked back up by the team. 

Byron Jones unless he takes a severely team friendly deal like Jaylon and Collins did then he for sure is gone. CBs are a premium and he will get paid if he has another year like last year and the year before.