Week 1 GDT - Tampa Bay Buccaneers vs San Francisco 49ers

J-ALL-DAY

Just now, John232 said:

And he's missed some really easy throws and that INT was a benchable offense.

Okay - again, one really bad pass on the INT. That's one of three passes that weren't completions. Another was in double coverage to Bourne, which wouldn't have been an easy throw...so what easy throws did he miss? One? And if we're benching QBs after one INT........

I think we have some overreacting going on. It wasn't a great first half, but I blame the awful playcalling for the most part, and Garoppolo on one very bad play. 

Just now, Ataal said:

I know we're not bound for the Superbowl this season, but I was hoping to see some significant improvement.  And, I guess I have seen some of that in our defense, but this offense is just....I don't know what to think.  I think the talent is there to be pretty good, but it just doesn't mesh or something.  Discipline is severely lacking, for sure.  

I think it's a jitters thing because there is no way any of us can make a serious case that we're lacking in talent on offense. Proven talent yes, but Shanny has done much more, with much less. This game defies logic. We're playing into their strengths.

Meanwhile the Defense has stepped up in a huge, huge way. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, y2lamanaki said:

Okay - again, one really bad pass on the INT. That's one of three passes that weren't completions. Another was in double coverage to Bourne, which wouldn't have been an easy throw...so what easy throws did he miss? One? And if we're benching QBs after one INT........

I think we have some overreacting going on. It wasn't a great first half, but I blame the awful playcalling for the most part, and Garoppolo on one very bad play. 

Christ, of course i'm overreacting, that's what I do. But I don't think statline scouting is fair either. He's not had good placement on even simple passes. Some of the screen passes have not been in good spots..which is made worse by bad blocking, bad play-calling and bad placement.

But I do agree, he's been good getting the ball out at least. Outside of the blitz, they've been on schedule. 

@49erurtazaYeah, not playing Deebo and Pettis with Jimmy G as much as possible feeling like a mistake. 

Edited by John232
  • Like 1

11 minutes ago, John232 said:

RIP this season. 

Pretty much everyone but the defensive line has been utter trash. 

Easy there big fella it's been one half. 

ourspecial teams look great 

Secondary is doing very well 

Garoppolo is gaining confidence 

WE ARE GOING TO WIN THIS GAME 

9 minutes ago, John232 said:

Nah, he's playing bad.

Not really sure you could say that. Haven't been that many opportunities. Bad INT no doubt, but aside from that? What was there? Two TDs called back because of penalties. Aside from that not much has been happening and the play calling has been dull. 

1 minute ago, John232 said:

I think it's a jitters thing because there is no way any of us can make a serious case that we're lacking in talent on offense. Proven talent yes, but Shanny has done much more, with much less. This game defies logic. We're playing into their strengths.

Meanwhile the Defense has stepped up in a huge, huge way. 

Agreed.  And, to only be down one point at halftime, considering what has transpired in the first half, I can't complain too much.

1 minute ago, John232 said:

But I don't think statline scouting is fair either.

It's hardly statline scouting when you point out that any 13 of 16 game is a far cry from "he's missed some very easy throws."  He hasn't missed easy throws - he's gotten them where his receiver can catch the ball. But - that's enough for me on this. 

Just now, J-ALL-DAY said:

Not really sure you could say that. Haven't been that many opportunities. Bad INT no doubt, but aside from that? What was there? Two TDs called back because of penalties. Aside from that not much has been happening and the play calling has been dull. 

Already went over this. His ball placement hasn't been great, and he's been bailed out multiple times by penalties (worth adding). 

Just now, y2lamanaki said:

It's hardly statline scouting when you point out that any 13 of 16 game is a far cry from "he's missed some very easy throws."  He hasn't missed easy throws - he's gotten them where his receiver can catch the ball. But - that's enough for me on this. 

I'm gonna die on this hill. k. i know im wrong. But I just started Guice, Cam and Howard and i'm wreck today. 

( i also legit did not know he went 13-16, honestly surprised me)

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, John232 said:

And he's missed some really easy throws and that INT was a benchable offense.

That said, Kyle has shown he can make a ton of adjustments at half-time. Bowles is also super legit. 

But I disagree with @ForgeThis absolutely looks like first game jitters on some level. Dudes dropping balls, running the wrong route, late hits. Some of this is definitely flaws, but the tema LOOKS more talented than they did last year. BUt they just can't get out of their own way. The biggest concern is this has been a theme with Shanny..some of that is correlative with just young teams that haven't played together for years on end..but it's bad. 

edit: completely agree, he's nto being done any favors by anyone. But he's not placing the ball in good spots. 

I'd be more inclined to agree with you if the problems we were exhibiting weren't recurring issues.