Is the Antonio Brown meltdown the worst the NFL has ever seen?

RaidersAreOne

Is the Antionio Brown meltdown the worst the NFL has ever seen?  

124 members have voted

1. 1. Is the Antionio Brown meltdown the worst the NFL has ever seen?

25 minutes ago, ronjon1990 said:

Key words: is going to find. 

Didn't say this incident. In fact, I specifically mentioned that it probably wouldn't be this incident. 

Good try though. Bit there's no such thing as a "criminal [law]suit"👍

As a dsclaimer though, you can be jailed for witness tampering or intimidation in a civil case. 😉

There's a difference between someone clearly just wanting money or her 10 seconds of fame because he made an inappropriate advance 2 years ago and committing crimes that land you in prison.  Obviously there's no such thing as a criminal lawsuit, that was my way of saying this is a civil matter, not a criminal one.  And why are you saying "this may not rise to the level of witness tampering / intimidation" and then throwing it out there that you can go to jail for it when you already said it's not considered witness tampering.  I'm not sure you know what you're talking about on this one

50 minutes ago, SSG said:

There were no criminal charges against Hunt either but that didn't matter.  

The level of remorse that Brown shows for his actions makes the Taylor accusations completely believable.  It will likely take another murder before the Patriots start caring about anything that happens off the field.

They really dont make it believable at all.  There's no way that anything he's done in the last 2 weeks makes me change my mind on the fact that her story is anything other than a clear money grab.  Both things can be true you know.  He can be a piece of crap and she can be lying too, and unless something else comes out that makes me reconsider all of this, this is the point of view that I'm sticking to

1 minute ago, footbull3196 said:

They really dont make it believable at all.  There's no way that anything he's done in the last 2 weeks makes me change my mind on the fact that her story is anything other than a clear money grab.  Both things can be true you know.  He can be a piece of crap and she can be lying too, and unless something else comes out that makes me reconsider all of this, this is the point of view that I'm sticking to

Peoe like that twns to attrack each other.

7 minutes ago, footbull3196 said:

There's a difference between someone clearly just wanting money or her 10 seconds of fame because he made an inappropriate advance 2 years ago and committing crimes that land you in prison.  Obviously there's no such thing as a criminal lawsuit, that was my way of saying this is a civil matter, not a criminal one.  And why are you saying "this may not rise to the level of witness tampering / intimidation" and then throwing it out there that you can go to jail for it when you already said it's not considered witness tampering.  I'm not sure you know what you're talking about on this one

Uh....because that's how the law works. If this winds up being deemed an issue of witness tampering (or any of the several other criminal offences those texts could conceivably fall under), he's going be looking at jail time. If it's ultimately decided that it doesn't, then he won't. 

Whether the initial case is civil or criminal has no legal significance, so I'm not sure why you keep bringing that up....

Edited by ronjon1990

1 minute ago, ronjon1990 said:

Uh....because that's how the law works. If this winds up being deemed an issue of witness tampering (or any of the several other criminal offences those texts could conceivably fall under), he's going be looking at jail time. If it's ultimately decided that it doesn't, then he won't. 

Whether the initial case is civil or criminal has no legal significance. 

I'm aware of that, but you literally said yourself this doesnt rise to the level of witness tampering so why even speculate whether he'll go to jail when we know that he wont

9 minutes ago, footbull3196 said:

How exactly is it a money grab when she hasn't sought monetary damages from him?  Part and parcel to something being a "cash grab" is that the person performing the act actually has to... you know... be actively trying to get money.

Just now, The LBC said:

How exactly is it a money grab when she hasn't sought monetary damages from him?  Part and parcel to something being a "cash grab" is that the person performing the act actually has to... you know... be actively trying to get money.

Then she wants her 10 seconds of fame.  Either way, if she actually cared about the issue like she claims to, she would have reported it when it happened 2 years ago and not after he went to the team that everyone hates just for attention, so I dont believe a word she says

Just now, footbull3196 said:

I'm aware of that, but you literally said yourself this doesnt rise to the level of witness tampering so why even speculate whether he'll go to jail when we know that he wont

Because neither of those statements are accurate?

1. I haven't bothered to check and see whether anything is being filed. In my opinion, without having looked at every shred of evidence, it probably doesn't constitute witness tampering. This does not mean that it doesn't. I wouldn't make a solid claim either way until the facts flesh out, if they ever are. That's how the law works.  

2. If it does wind up connecting enough to constitute witness tampering, which it very well might, he will absolutely be staring at jail time. Why? Because, again, that's how the law works.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, footbull3196 said:

Then she wants her 10 seconds of fame.  Either way, if she actually cared about the issue like she claims to, she would have reported it when it happened 2 years ago and not after he went to the team that everyone hates just for attention, so I dont believe a word she says

Keep reaching.  She wants her 10 second of fame... and that's why she's asked for anonymity throughout this whole process.  Just admit you haven't properly researched this before jumping to your kneejerk reaction, it's cleaner that way.

• Like 3