Is the Antonio Brown meltdown the worst the NFL has ever seen?

RaidersAreOne

Is the Antionio Brown meltdown the worst the NFL has ever seen?  

124 members have voted

1. 1. Is the Antionio Brown meltdown the worst the NFL has ever seen?

I can not fathom how this guy was one of the biggest and loved stars in all of football a year ago, to now being the most hated and comical. The helmet issues, the feet problems, contract demands, calling out former players, leaking private documents, the list goes on and on.

Has the NFL ever seen a bigger meltdown and fall from fame as Antonio Brown?

brown.jpg?w=640

• Like 1

I have no idea whats wrong the AB. He was bad in Pittsburgh but not like this so far in Oakland. Between kicking and screaming about a helmet and trying to fight the GM like he has really lost it. If Im the Raiders Id just cut bait with the guy. If they really want to be taken seriously about establishing a good culture then admit they  made a mistake by bringing him on, cut him, take the lose then go out and draft WR Judy in the 2020 NFL Draft and go from there. 

9 minutes ago, Hunter2_1 said:

Interesting to hear Tomlin say "you have no idea how much we covered up"

The guy is a cancer, and IMO, yes the worst series of meltdowns we've seen so far. Especially considering the talent he has - seems intent on throwing it away.

Did he say that? If so, Pittsburgh is a much better-ran organization than I thought, because this is BAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAD.

The thing that is incredible is that I don't even know that he's open to other people trying to give him advice or anything at this point either. He seems like the type that needs "yes men" around him. There's no way that anyone in his inner circle should be telling him that this is the way to go. He seriously may cost himself 30 million dollars. He's not getting that back. it's gone. If anyone take a chance on him (and I'm not sure that they will), it's going to be a one year deal for like 1 million or something. He's a 31 year old receiver now having to play on a prove it deal, burning through one of the few remaining years of his prime that he has, and then even if he manages to play through that without incident, nobody is giving him a big deal the following year. Just too much risk involved at this point. 

Given the lack of offers and suppressed trade value he had, its safe to say that there won't be a whole ton of interest. 

• Like 2

18 minutes ago, AFlaccoSeagulls said:

Did he say that? If so, Pittsburgh is a much better-ran organization than I thought, because this is BAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAD.

According to Cowherd (I know...) Tomlin told that to an ex player, now a broadcaster. 

"You have no idea how much we covered up".

49 minutes ago, Kiltman said:

From what I vaguely remember, it has some of the Ricky Williams retiring feel. But with 100x the weird stuff and dickish behavior 

Williams was somebody who just didn't like the limelight and was dealing with severe anxiety issues. Football was a means to an end for him, there were 10,000 things he'd rather do, but nothing that would pay him the way football would.

I have to think outside of football to find a reasonable comparison for AB. Metta World Peace, perhaps? Dennis Rodman, maybe?

• Like 4

1 hour ago, ET80 said:

It's to the point where I think he's got some mental issues that need to be addressed. It's not just CTE.

Ryan Clark recognised his behavioural issues from early. This isn’t some recent occurrence. This started in 2012-13.

Edited by Kip Smithers
  • Like 2