Other Games/Teams Thread

TitanLegend

16 hours ago, titans0021 said:

That’s fine. Wentz is a vastly overrated QB that has been given a real offensive mind for a coach, a very good receiver, an elite TE and typically strong offensive lines. I watch the two play quarterback, I don’t see a massive gap. You switch the two, I don’t think there’s much of a change in offensive production.

I can take this a step further. I unfortunately live in Eagles country, and I watch more of their games against my will than any other team.

Wentz WAS good for his almost MVP year, but he's regressing. I know what the numbers look like, but he's developing a staring problem and many of his throws are questionable now. He's also putting receivers out to get hit and hurt and should shoulder some of the blame for the injuries his WR corps have taken. Wentz has all the tools, and I know many people have badmouthed his OLine this year early on, but they are still an elite group and there are times he's just not doing the right thing.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Andrei01 said:

Win/loss record when team rushes for over/under 100 yards is such an underrated stat to comapre QBs, indeed. I wonder why I don't see it used more often...

So what are you looking for exactly. Records alone... Wentz is 25-19 after last night's win. Mariota is only 28-30, but is 25-21 since his rookie year. It's not completely fair to throw out only 1 QBs rookie record, but it's also not fair to compare a qb drafted by one of the worst teams in the NFL with a new GM and a sham HC search, while the other was drafted by a 7-9 team that traded up from the middle of the 1st to draft him. Wentz has had 1 single HC throughout his career in offensive minded Pederson, and is on his 2nd OC. Mariota has seen 5 different HC/OC combinations. 

In spite of the coaching differences... And in spite of Mariotas lack of stats the past couple seasons, and Wentz "MVP" caliber season, their stats aren't that different. 

Wentz has 82 total tds, 30 ints and 32 fumbles, Mariota has 84 total tds, 42 ints, and 32 fumbles. Wentz has a 63.5 completion %, 92.7 qb rating, 7.1 AY/A, 11.0 Y/C, 5.0/1.9 td/int ratios, and a 33 AV grade (11/season) . Mariota is at 63.1, 89.9, 7.2, 11.8, 4.3, 2.5, and 43 AV (10.9/season). The only significant difference in efficiency stats are the sacks, where Wentz is at 5.9% to Mariotas 8.0% (and getting worse with 11.3 last season and 15.6% this year so far) 

Wentz has 4 comebacks and 4 game winning drives... Mariota has 9 and 11, respectively. Mariota also has a 1-1 playoff record, while Wentz has yet to make a playoff start. In fact, the eagles only have 1 winning record since they drafted Wentz (and Foles led that amazing team through the playoffs to a SB victory). The Titans have 3 straight winning seasons. 

There's not a single objective stat mentioned in this post, these are all subjective stats. Mariota needs to show consistency and needs to trust himself again, definitely... But hes shown he can hang... And when a coaching staff plays to his strengths and helps him get comfortable, they'll see what he's capable of still. 

But back to the original stat (my bad, got a little side tracked)... I think it's just a stat that just paints an additional color, that Wentz hasn't been successful when a run game isn't there to support him. 1-13 when his team doesn't rush for 100 yards. If he interested to see Mariotas record... He may just be just as bad. 

Edited by ragevsuall17
  • Like 2

4 hours ago, Andrei01 said:

Honestly, the Stafford comparison was ridiculous to begin with. The fact that some of you want to argue that he's now close to Wentz in value or talent is 5x more ridiculous.

The issue is you have Wentz as a top 4-5 QB. And when presented with subjective stats and records, you have no valid argument. Hyperbole and emotions are all you've presented.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, ragevsuall17 said:

The issue is you have Wentz as a top 4-5 QB. And when presented with subjective stats and records, you have no valid argument. Hyperbole and emotions are all you've presented.

Wentz has had longer stretches of consistency in his time. And he people are grading him on they one season when the TEAM was playing great then he tore his ACL. 

Since then he has put up good but not spectacular numbers in a pass first offense. 

Yet they team hasn't seen the success that Marcus' team has. Which is winning but average. 

Wentz has better PR based on that great season, passing first offense and better stretches of consistency, but yet that hasn't netted him head and shoulder better numbers than Marcus in without question a better situation coaching/scheme wise. 

Even in Marcus' worst season statically the team had a playoff win. And even with him missing pretty much 4 games due to injury and played injured in his throwing arm/hand the team was one game from playoffs. 

I understand fully wanting to move on from Marcus because you doubt his ability to stay healthy. Even if you don't like his consistentcy level I understand that. 

But production wise, team success wise and ability wise he deserves more credit than given compared to some of the " better QBs." 

6 hours ago, ragevsuall17 said:

What are the stats that have been presented? That he's 1-13 when his team rushes for under 100? Jeez, what a bum. Even if he is outaide the top 5, he's miles ahead of Mariota. That much is for certain, which is why it's laughable some of you pretend that's not the case.

6 hours ago, ragevsuall17 said:

i don’t think he’s a top 5 QB, but he’s around the top 10 with goff and watson, and all three of them are so vastly better than mariota that i can’t even believe we’re doing this right now

54 minutes ago, KingTitan said:

This is college but other games. 

In an alternate world Ryan Day is our OC and we a different team all together. 

I had the same thoughts watching but didn’t know where to post it haha. This offense is unstoppable, I wish we would put Marcus in something similar. 

• Like 1

15 hours ago, tgrades3 said:

I had the same thoughts watching but didn’t know where to post it haha. This offense is unstoppable, I wish we would put Marcus in something similar. 

Vrabel apparently thought it was a good idea to put Mariota in an offense completely opposite of what he originally wanted to do with Day