Week 1 Games

Leader

Aaron Nagler: The biggest surprises to me coming out of yesterday were the Steelers and Falcons. Two teams with head coaches that should have pretty established programs, just not even getting off the bus.

Ben Fennell: Remember when it used to be dangerous to blitz Aaron Rodgers? Processing, Quick Delivery, Velocity, Accuracy. Where did that QB go? Looking right at his hot outlet.. Also a bust on the other side.. Throw it! You don’t get older and hold the ball longer. That’s not how this works.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Golfman said:

They both look legit after week 1. Amazing how far the Falcons have seemed to fallen from two years ago. 

Turning the ball over in the endzone/redzone a couple times dosen't help. Neither does a blocked punt. For as bad as they looked, they could have been in that game if not shooting themselves in the foot a bunch of times.

4 minutes ago, Leader said:

Ben Fennell: Remember when it used to be dangerous to blitz Aaron Rodgers? Processing, Quick Delivery, Velocity, Accuracy. Where did that QB go? Looking right at his hot outlet.. Also a bust on the other side.. Throw it! You don’t get older and hold the ball longer. That’s not how this works.

I'll agree to a point. We all know he holds the ball too long but he was pretty solid against blitzes last year. Not gonna proclaim doom just yet.

ED_FfK6WsAAJo06.jpg:large

1 minute ago, Leader said:

I'm figuring it more likely we'll be competing with the Panthers for playoff position than the LAR - so, an L for Carolina could play better for GB.

Fair enough, I suppose. I don't have the Panthers as a playoff team period, but I didn't have us as one before the Bears game either. Panthers looked better than I expected late yesterday

Just now, JBURGE said:

Fair enough, I suppose. I don't have the Panthers as a playoff team period, but I didn't have us as one before the Bears game either. Panthers looked better than I expected late yesterday

It's early and what with teams not doing much in PS - week one takes probably wont hold up thru the season as performances get sharper. CAR doesnt figure to take the NFCS - but could they be a player for one of the lower playoff spots? Who knows at this stage but it seems more likely than them hitting rock bottom.