FA 2020

drfrey13

I am not saying sign him cause he grew up a Raiders fan. If he is healthy it’s an easy yes for me because

Great leader which this defense is lacking. Abrams could use a guy like Jefferson who can show him how to be a pro how to fully prepare. 

Experience in quarters which the Raiders run on defense. 

Cheap and won’t be asked to start bring him to camp and see what he has to offer. If he balls out you have a guy for cheap that you can then throw into the starting lineup or provide good snaps too. If he sucks in camp and in preseason then you cut him. 

Which ever teams signs him won’t be for big money. So it would be dumb to not kick the tires and see what he can do if he is fully healthy. 

1 hour ago, agarcia34 said:

I am not saying sign him cause he grew up a Raiders fan. If he is healthy it’s an easy yes for me because

Great leader which this defense is lacking. Abrams could use a guy like Jefferson who can show him how to be a pro how to fully prepare. 

Cheap and won’t be asked to start bring him to camp and see what he has to offer. If he balls out you have a guy for cheap that you can then throw into the starting lineup or provide good snaps too. If he sucks in camp and in preseason then you cut him. 

Which ever teams signs him won’t be for big money. So it would be dumb to not kick the tires and see what he can do if he is fully healthy. 

Exactly plus even for depth he’s a easy cheap sign dam near makes Joyner expendable 

2 hours ago, agarcia34 said:

Abrams doesn't need Jefferson

1 hour ago, Geezy said:

wouldnt mind Carrie, if we dont bring Worley back

I’d have a look at Carrie always liked him whilst he was here. Hasn’t played badly for the Browns but more that he hasn’t played up to his contract. Good slot guy but wouldnt want him as a starting outside corner. I’d still want a vet like Worley even if we signed Carrie. 

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Dessie said:

I’d have a look at Carrie always liked him whilst he was here. Hasn’t played badly for the Browns but more that he hasn’t played up to his contract. Good slot guy but wouldnt want him as a starting outside corner. I’d still want a vet like Worley even if we signed Carrie. 

Dependent on price I would sign both with Joseph and Bouye.  Our secondary is looking pretty good.  We are stuck with Joyner for this year but I would not let him being on the team stop me from signing other starting caliber players.  He will be gone next year.  Would cost us $20-24  million but would save over $9 next year when Joyner is cut.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, drfrey13 said:

Dependent on price I would sign both with Joseph and Bouye.  Our secondary is looking pretty good.  We are stuck with Joyner for this year but I would not let him being on the team stop me from signing other starting caliber players.  He will be gone next year.  Would cost us $20-24  million but would save over $9 next year when Joyner is cut.

Have I read that Joyner is moving to safety or have I made that up? Randall is a safety I would look at if we don’t bring back Joseph.

1 minute ago, Dessie said:

Have I read that Joyner is moving to safety or have I made that up? Randall is a safety I would look at if we don’t bring back Joseph.

I have heard Joyner is moving to Safety from some on here.  Carrie would play the slot, Worley against TEs and the #3 CB, Bouye on the outside with Mullen, and Joseph at S.  We would have a talented secondary that is flexible and able to handle some unforeseen injuries like Abram and Joseph this past year.  It is a little overkill but that is only because Joyner can not be cut until next year.

• Like 2

14 hours ago, drfrey13 said:

I have heard Joyner is moving to Safety from some on here.  Carrie would play the slot, Worley against TEs and the #3 CB, Bouye on the outside with Mullen, and Joseph at S.  We would have a talented secondary that is flexible and able to handle some unforeseen injuries like Abram and Joseph this past year.  It is a little overkill but that is only because Joyner can not be cut until next year.

I have a hard time believing that they’ll move Joyner bac to safety, they didn’t during the season when the injuries piled up at safety. Instead they rolled in guys off the street. I think the coaches believe that slot CB is his best spot. Doesn’t mean that they’re right though. 

6 hours ago, Chali21 said:

I have a hard time believing that they’ll move Joyner bac to safety, they didn’t during the season when the injuries piled up at safety. Instead they rolled in guys off the street. I think the coaches believe that slot CB is his best spot. Doesn’t mean that they’re right though. 

Yeah thought the same tbh, Riley was bad, Joseph got injured, we even played at Worley at safety before Joyner. Would be a major turnaround to play him at safety now. 

18 hours ago, Humble_Beast said:

If only free agency could bring in 

- Leonard Williams DT

- Littleton or Schobert MLB

- Karl Joseph FS

- Vet starting cornerback - upgrade over Worley 

- Perriman WR- another vet with some speed 

Would be looking strong going into the draft 🦾

Leo is more name than game imo, ill take the rest though.