FA 2020

drfrey13

39 minutes ago, jimkelly02 said:

I’m not posting this to aggravate anyone i just found it interesting.

https://www.profootballnetwork.com/nfl-free-agency-buzz-day-one-postscript/

“Additionally, I spoke with someone inside the league earlier today and this is what their reflections were after the first day of free agency:

1. The Raiders overpaid everybody, but they said they were going to overpay everybody.” 

2. I think we got great value with Littleton and were right on with Kwiatkowski.  Nassib was a bit of an overpay but even that’s growing on me slowly.  Heath’s deal was ridiculous.  Idk anything about Mariota, Collins, or Witten yet.

How can someone say we overpaid everyone when the details of the contracts are not out yet?  Also how can someone say we overpaid Littleton?  I wonder what that person thought fair market value for Littleton was.  Sounds like a bunch of malarky to me lol  

• Like 3

1 hour ago, jimkelly02 said:

I’m not posting this to aggravate anyone i just found it interesting.

https://www.profootballnetwork.com/nfl-free-agency-buzz-day-one-postscript/

“Additionally, I spoke with someone inside the league earlier today and this is what their reflections were after the first day of free agency:

1. The Raiders overpaid everybody, but they said they were going to overpay everybody.” 

2. I think we got great value with Littleton and were right on with Kwiatkowski.  Nassib was a bit of an overpay but even that’s growing on me slowly.  Heath’s deal was ridiculous.  Idk anything about Mariota, Collins, or Witten yet.

I'm happy with our FA this year.  Couldn't care less about the money, I think we are slowly marching our way to the playoffs right now.  But I'll shutup on that, gotta be patient.  Hopefully these players produce!

51 minutes ago, oakdb36 said:

Still think we could see Joyner cut now that the post june 1 effect is back with the new CBA. That's probably just me hoping though

per OTC:

”If he is on the roster on the fifth day of the 2020 league year his base salary will be fully guaranteed.”

so if we’re going to cut Joyner we gotta do it in the next few days or not at all. A June 1st cut saves us 3M.  

i dont think we cut him.  Not enough cap savings to justify it.

27 minutes ago, Frankie2Gunz said:

How can someone say we overpaid everyone when the details of the contracts are not out yet?  Also how can someone say we overpaid Littleton?  I wonder what that person thought fair market value for Littleton was.  Sounds like a bunch of malarky to me lol  

I wouldn’t be surprised if Tony Pauline knew the details of the deal or at least enough to give an opinion.  

I think we was speaking more in terms of the other signings besides Littleton.... that one was obviously a great value.

Overthecap.com thought we overpaid for KW, but that guys a bigger tightwad with money that isn’t his then me lol.

1 minute ago, jimkelly02 said:

I wouldn’t be surprised if Tony Pauline knew the details of the deal or at least enough to give an opinion.  

I think we was speaking more in terms of the other signings besides Littleton.... that one was obviously a great value.

Overthecap.com thought we overpaid for KW, but that guys a bigger tightwad with money that isn’t his then me lol.

He said everyone so I lumped Littleton in there.  Overpaying is completely subjective also and can't be determined until these guys step out on the field.  If NK balls out he will be considered a steal at 7 per.  Who is KW?  

I'm not a fan of the Heath or Witten signing but other than that I like our FA haul this year.  We have added much needed depth which we were sorely lacking.  Let me ask you if we would have signed B. Jones who do you think we would have not been able to sign?

1 hour ago, agarcia34 said:
$4,250,000
$4,950,000

That's what it would look like if they cut Joyner with the post June 1st cut. 4.25 in deap cap spread it out two years. Maybe it would be a possibility. It really depends on what they do for the rest of FA. 

I realize your quoting OTC.  So This is directed at them not you, really.

i don’t think those figures are right:

we’d save his 4.6m salary if cut before it guarantees on the 5th league year day and the 350k work out bonus.  That’s the 4.95M.  But he has 3.75M in signing bonus from the restructure he recently did (knocked some guaranteed RB for ‘20 into a ‘19 SB) and as a June 1 release that means 1.875M of dead cap goes on ‘20 and ‘21.  Thus we only save 4.95-1.875 = 3.075M

Edited by jimkelly02
I’ve seen this same mistake made with OTC’s calculation charts many times.
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, Frankie2Gunz said:

He said everyone so I lumped Littleton in there.  Overpaying is completely subjective also and can't be determined until these guys step out on the field.  If NK balls out he will be considered a steal at 7 per.  Who is KW?  

I'm not a fan of the Heath or Witten signing but other than that I like our FA haul this year.  We have added much needed depth which we were sorely lacking.  Let me ask you if we would have signed B. Jones who do you think we would have not been able to sign?

Sorry I typo’d OTC said we overpaid Nick Kwiatkowski 

https://overthecap.com/contract-grades/

And your right Pauline did say we overpaid everyone, I’m just saying maybe he misspoke because Littleton was such a great deal IDK how he could say otherwise.  Littleton was projected to get 15-16M and only got just under 12M

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Frankie2Gunz said:

If we signed B.Jones we probably wouldn’t have signed either Littleton or only signed Kwiatkowski, Jones, and Littleton but not one else.

Im glad we stopped bidding on Jones.  It got to the point that it wasn’t worth it or us, as we had too many holes to fill.

im really hoping the details of yesterday’s deals come out today and the details are way better than the early info we have.  We’ve been very fiscally responsible bidding on big time FA I don’t know why we’d stop all that and go crazy for Jeff Heath.

i really Hope Heath has no guaranteed money and only has a cap of 2M to be honest that’s the only way I’d be happy with that signing.

• Like 1