FA 2020

drfrey13

36 minutes ago, jimkelly02 said:

If we can keep both 1sts And get Slay I see no reason why not to outbid Detroit a little bit (assuming it’s reasonable).  There’s a difference between going overboard and outbidding another team.  We can be a playoff team I think if we sure up CB and Slay certainly does that.

We cant outbid philly if they giving detroit a 2nd and more. We cant beat that deal unless we give up a first. No thanks to that. 

1 hour ago, Jerry said:

It happens. Some players chase money, I don't want them. I want the ones willing to take a decent contract to lay it all on the line for the Raiders. Mike Mayock said it himself, players are free agents for a reason, Slay is chasing that money. Good for him. Now moving on.

Lol. All players want to be paid. Not some all. He isnt chasing money. Witten and heath was begging to be raiders. I'm pretty sure we just offered the most. Same with most of our free agents. Same with most free agents signed the last couple of days. They only living and dying for the name in front of the jersey when they already got their contract. 

I like Slay, but I've never loved the idea of giving up significant picks and giving him a long term deal paying him as one of the highest paid corners, and I think that's what he's looking for. He's 29 at a position where a lot of guys fall off in their early 30's. There's a ton of instances of guys being signed or traded for at corner and given a big deal that totally flop. I suppose that's true of every position, it just seems more common at corner. 

He's good, he's not elite IMO. I'm also a big believer in Mullens. If it falls apart with the Eagles and we can get him for a third and he takes a reasonable two or three year deal, I'm all for it. Otherwise I look to the draft at the end of the first or with a trade down or trade up from the third. I think there's a group of guys that can be had there and can come in and play at a solid level with room to grow. 

We needed so much help on defense it wasn't all going to get solved in free agency. The draft will be a big key. But even still I like that we made it a point to overhaul the LB core, added a starter at DT and depth on the edge. We're going to have to have some young guys and rookies this year step up for our defense to be great, that's unlikely, but even without Slay I think our defense has significantly improved. 

• Like 3

11 minutes ago, jimkelly02 said:

I think Lee would be a good signing.
he’s got speed and I feel like he’s been miscast in NY and KC.  

We’re looking at minimum level deals from here out unless we restructure Trent Brown, etc or trade/cut Jackson.  

hope we sign 4-5 more vets  to the minimum at positions our depth is trash. Plus give us something to talk during this lockdown. 

Edited by Humble_Beast

5 minutes ago, Mr Raider said:

I like Slay, but I've never loved the idea of giving up significant picks and giving him a long term deal paying him as one of the highest paid corners, and I think that's what he's looking for. He's 29 at a position where a lot of guys fall off in their early 30's. There's a ton of instances of guys being signed or traded for at corner and given a big deal that totally flop. I suppose that's true of every position, it just seems more common at corner. 

He's good, he's not elite IMO. I'm also a big believer in Mullens. If it falls apart with the Eagles and we can get him for a third and he takes a reasonable two or three year deal, I'm all for it. Otherwise I look to the draft at the end of the first or with a trade down or trade up from the third. I think there's a group of guys that can be had there and can come in and play at a solid level with room to grow. 

We needed so much help on defense it wasn't all going to get solved in free agency. The draft will be a big key. But even still I like that we made it a point to overhaul the LB core, added a starter at DT and depth on the edge. We're going to have to have some young guys and rookies this year step up for our defense to be great, that's unlikely, but even without Slay I think our defense has significantly improved. 

Rumor is he’s working on a new 3yr deal with Philly now.

I think that means redoing ‘20 and adding ‘21 and ‘22.  

Of course it stinks to give up a 3rd or 2 to get Slay but he is a top 8ish CB.  I think at the price of a 3 and 4 it’s worth it.  His addition would put us over the top in a way the picks wouldn’t be likely At all to do.

36 minutes ago, Mr Raider said:

Rumor is he’s working on a new 3yr deal with Philly now.

I think that means redoing ‘20 and adding ‘21 and ‘22.  

Of course it stinks to give up a 3rd or 2 to get Slay but he is a top 8ish CB.  I think at the price of a 3 and 4 it’s worth it.  His addition would put us over the top in a way the picks wouldn’t be likely At all to do.

29 minutes ago, Humble_Beast said:

Tired of trading picks, I could see if we were one player away from the Super Bowl. I want to see another draft where Mayock has a lot of draft capital. 

I'm sorry but every year you want to trade up in the draft and give up tons of draft capital now your tired.

• Like 2

32 minutes ago, Humble_Beast said:

Tired of trading picks, I could see if we were one player away from the Super Bowl. I want to see another draft where Mayock has a lot of draft capital. 

I am tired of trading picks to Pitt for their WRs.  For a 3rd and a 4th I would pull the trigger on Slay especially if we were going to throw big money at Jones.

11 minutes ago, NERaiders said:

What if we send 12 & 19 to Detroit for Slay, #3, and #35? #3 could be actioned. Or we could draft Tua and trade Carr. Let Mariota be the bridge QB.

#3 + #35 = 2750

#12 + #19 = 2075

If Detroit wants to give us Slay on top of that...