FA 2020

drfrey13

3 hours ago, Justwinning said:

As @NYRaider mentioned, S is definitely a need that’s being overlooked. I can’t see Grudock rolling with Harris as one of our starters since he’s best in the 3rd S role. With that said, look for us to sign one in FA since I think it’s unlikely they spend another 1st rounder on a S so soon.

I really don't get why Erik Harris shouldn't be the presumptive starter. He has been the team's best safety over the past two seasons and one of the few consistent playmakers in the secondary.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Rich7sena said:

I really don't get why Erik Harris shouldn't be the presumptive starter. He has been the team's best safety over the past two seasons and one of the few consistent playmakers in the secondary.

Like most Raider stand outs on a bottom defense they get overrated and are just jags at best on a different roster. Sure he made some plays but he also got burnt a looooooooot

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Gannon12 said:

Like most Raider stand outs on a bottom defense they get overrated and are just jags at best on a different roster. Sure he made some plays but he also got burnt a looooooooot

Exactly this! Harris is fine as your back up that can play a couple of snaps a game and not kill you. If he is your starter there is an issue. 

2 hours ago, NYRaider said:

Anthony Harris would be the best case scenario but we might not be able to pay him. I like HaHa Clinton-Dix and Damarious Randall as cheaper plug and play starters. 

Randall could be a great value signing for us.  
I think resigning Joseph to a 1-2 year prove it deal at 4-6m per is the best bang for the buck though.

• Like 1

All of you need to go back and watch the games. Harris played just about every snap, including special teams, and played very well. I can think of only a couple bad plays throughout the season and they are far outweighed by good plays. He matches up incredibly well in deep coverage and storms downhill against the run. He’s virtually never out of position and does a great job flipping his hips in deep zones. He can play single-high, 2 deep, and in the box. If he weren’t undrafted there wouldn’t be a question about the safety position.

I really think you guys are just googling articles about the Raiders’ FA targets and making baseless conclusions. The film does not lie.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, jimkelly02 said:

Randall could be a great value signing for us.  
I think resigning Joseph to a 1-2 year prove it deal at 4-6m per is the best bang for the buck though.

I see Joyner and Abrams as the starters, K jo will get a solid multi year deal from someone else.

5 hours ago, raidr4life said:

I see Joyner and Abrams as the starters, K jo will get a solid multi year deal from someone else.

If Joyner is moving to (F)S then moving on from Joseph makes sense.  The reason I’d like to keep Joseph is the idea of moving Joyner to safety isnt concrete at this point.

If the rumors of the Raiders' interest in Chris Harris is genuine, Joyner's position may rest on whether Harris gets signed. Harris is a great slot corner and I doubt the Raiders would want to keep him outside in nickel and passing situations.

Either way, I think Joyner should be moved to safety since he's staying on the team. He was not a good slot player this season.

6 hours ago, Rich7sena said:

All of you need to go back and watch the games. Harris played just about every snap, including special teams, and played very well. I can think of only a couple bad plays throughout the season and they are far outweighed by good plays. He matches up incredibly well in deep coverage and storms downhill against the run. He’s virtually never out of position and does a great job flipping his hips in deep zones. He can play single-high, 2 deep, and in the box. If he weren’t undrafted there wouldn’t be a question about the safety position.

I really think you guys are just googling articles about the Raiders’ FA targets and making baseless conclusions. The film does not lie.

Harris is a below average player. 

1 minute ago, NYRaider said:

The only reason he played as much as he did was because of injuries. He's a solid backup #3 safety but he's not a good starter. 

I mean, I'm confident of my evaluation of him. This goes back to last season. He was clearly the best safety over the past two years and has consistently made plays for this team and has few lapses in coverage. Feel free to provide your own detailed evaluation of him.

I wouldn’t mind Harris back as our starter next season. My focus is on LB, CB and DT this off-season. I really think adding an NFL level LB corp will elevate everyone on the defense, that’s how bad our LBs have been 

7 hours ago, Rich7sena said:

Imo, there are 2 guys who are clear upgrades over Erik Harris in FA, Anthony Harris and Simmons. Simmons is probably getting tagged by Denver and AH is going to get paid. If the Raiders want to spend big on AH, i won't complain. I'd pass on the rest of the FAs at the position except maybe Jayron Kearse on a relatively cheap contract but that's more for the versatility he could bring to the D than just his ability as a S.