Draft watch 2020

resilient part 2

16 hours ago, resilient part 2 said:

I don't care what hole opened up at CB. in this draft we better not go after CB in rd 1..

Still want a damn good D-lineman or best weapon at WR or even TE.. use the test of our draft to look at DB's

You're setting yourself up for disappointment. We'll see what happens the rest of the way in FA, but with a secondary that just let their best player walk and has a couple more FAs hanging in limbo,  I'd be shocked if the DB isn't the pick at 17. 

57 minutes ago, WizardHawk said:

You're setting yourself up for disappointment. We'll see what happens the rest of the way in FA, but with a secondary that just let their best player walk and has a couple more FAs hanging in limbo,  I'd be shocked if the DB isn't the pick at 17. 

I am open for a stud safety, but not a CB. Just think too many of them become good players that are drafted in the second third rounds etc..

Edited by resilient part 2

16 hours ago, flyingmonkey30 said:

So lets say the following 16 guys come off the board before Dallas picks (in no particular order).

Joe Burrow, Chase Young, Tua, Jeff Okudah, Isaiah Simmons, Derrick Brown, Justin Herbert, CeeDee Lamb, Jerry Jeudy, Henry Ruggs, Jedrick Wills, Tristan Wirfs, Mekhi Becton, Andrew Thomas, K'Lavon Chiasson, Javon Kinlaw.

Phone doesn't ring, nobody wants to trade back. You have to stand in and pick. Who are you taking?

Best player to me is CJ Henderson, and its not particularly close. You reaching for lineman like Blacklock/Gallimore? Reach on an edge like Gross-Matos or Epenesa? Spend 17 on Mims, who is a great player, but will come in as WR4 this year?

I think it's a pretty realistic scenario, and we need to be prepared to take the best player, especially at a position of need. Who would you take in that scenario?

I think 17 will have a lot of quality players at other positions than CB and I don't consider some of those other positions are reach too many good players in this draft early on at least

1 hour ago, WizardHawk said:

CJ Henderson at 17 is great value

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, resilient part 2 said:

I think 17 will have a lot of quality players at other positions than CB and I don't consider some of those other positions are reach too many good players in this draft early on at least

I mean if you think those guys are worth taking at 17 then that's another story. I just would have a hard time passing on the best player on the board, who according to my personal rankings, would be Henderson.

• Like 1

21 hours ago, flyingmonkey30 said:

I mean if you think those guys are worth taking at 17 then that's another story. I just would have a hard time passing on the best player on the board, who according to my personal rankings, would be Henderson.

well my argument would be that our best defensive player just signed with the Dolphins and while we had him, our defense still sucked.. So maybe the impact of the CB position sucks. I would much rather build our trenches BIG-TIME.. 

Edited by resilient part 2

49 minutes ago, resilient part 2 said:

well my argument would be that our best defensive player just signed with the Dolphins and while we had him, our defense still sucked.. So maybe the impact of the CB position sucks. I would much rather build our trenches BIG-TIME.. 

Whoa! How did DLaw sign with the Dolphins?

Lmao at people who still think DLaw has been our best defensive player this year or last year. I would say he was at best at 3rd with Byron at 1 and Quinn at 2.

People who think you have to make splash plays in order to be elite have no clue what the point of the CB position is.

16 minutes ago, Calvert28 said:

Lmao at people who still think DLaw has been our best defensive player this year or last year. I would say he was at best at 3rd with Byron at 1 and Quinn at 2.

People who think you have to make splash plays in order to be elite have no clue what the point of the CB position is.

Law faced the most double teams and holds. Quinn was second in double teams. But yes, "at best" Law is a top 3 defensive player for us.

1 minute ago, Texas_OutLaw7 said:

Law faced the most double teams and holds. Quinn was second in double teams. But yes, "at best" Law is a top 3 defensive player for us.

Not according to this. Quinn was by far our best linemen last season.

EHhUHKVX4AAU10T?format=jpg&name=large

But of course he wasn't worth a 70 million dollar contract that we could have a fail safe for after 2 years like we did with another one of our contracts. Yep totally not worth it. 

Just now, Nextyearfordaboyz said:

I really wish we could have Quinn back too. 

Hopefully it's finally, fully Randy Gregory time, or our pass rush could be in trouble.

As far as I know though all we have is Gregory. I was hoping Jelks could come in and make some leaps to get some reps considering his athleticism but he hasn't shown that yet. He is more like Hill then anything else.