Draft watch 2020

resilient part 2

1 hour ago, CAPJ said:

Has there been any talk of bringing Anthony Brown back? He shouldnt be too expensive to resign and can give us some nice depth.

I think it's in play but yeah that's the kind of uninspiring bandaid I expect to see listed at RCB entering the draft

You know the more I do mock drafts the more I realize if Jason Garrett hadn't been so Jason Garrett this year we would have had a Top 10 pick? I believe at one point we were competing for No.9 overall right?

So I did a draft with some trades with the Jaguar's draft to see how it would have turned out for us and this is one that I got from a mock draft.

Traded the 9th overall pick and a 4th rounder to Miami for their 18th and 26th overall pick.

18th- Javon Kinlaw        DT       S. Carolina

26th- Denzel Mims       WR       Baylor

2nd- Grant Delpit            S         LSU

3rd- Darrell Taylor         DE        Tennessee

5th- Colby Parkinson    TE        Standford

6th- Bravvion Roy           DT      Baylor

7th- Brian Lewerke         QB     Michigan St.

For some reason Dallas took CJ Henderson over Kinlaw. I didn't ask questions!

Edited by Calvert28

10 hours ago, Calvert28 said:

You know the more I do mock drafts the more I realize if Jason Garrett hadn't been so Jason Garrett this year we would have had a Top 10 pick? I believe at one point we were competing for No.9 overall right?

So I did a draft with some trades with the Jaguar's draft to see how it would have turned out for us and this is one that I got from a mock draft.

Traded the 9th overall pick and a 4th rounder to Miami for their 18th and 26th overall pick.

18th- Javon Kinlaw        DT       S. Carolina

26th- Denzel Mims       WR       Baylor

2nd- Grant Delpit            S         LSU

3rd- Darrell Taylor         DE        Tennessee

5th- Colby Parkinson    TE        Standford

6th- Bravvion Roy           DT      Baylor

7th- Brian Lewerke         QB     Michigan St.

For some reason Dallas took CJ Henderson over Kinlaw. I didn't ask questions!

so it's not enough we are under "stressful times" … you come up with this >:(

• Like 1

Courtesy of goldfishwars:

Ended up trading back and then around whole bunch:: 

https://thedraftnetwork.com/mockdraft/r1AOXkU3DL

34. A.J. Terrell [ CB ]  Clemson
47. Justin Madubuike [ IDL ]  Texas A&M
62. Kyle Dugger [ S ]  Lenoir-Rhyne
85. Adam Trautman [ TE ]  Dayton
145. Jabari Zuniga [ EDGE ]  Florida
146. Michael Pittman Jr. [ WR ]  USC
231. Daniel Bituli [ LB ]  Tennessee

33 minutes ago, resilient part 2 said:

I don't care what hole opened up at CB. in this draft we better not go after CB in rd 1..

Still want a damn good D-lineman or best weapon at WR or even TE.. use the test of our draft to look at DB's

So lets say the following 16 guys come off the board before Dallas picks (in no particular order).

Joe Burrow, Chase Young, Tua, Jeff Okudah, Isaiah Simmons, Derrick Brown, Justin Herbert, CeeDee Lamb, Jerry Jeudy, Henry Ruggs, Jedrick Wills, Tristan Wirfs, Mekhi Becton, Andrew Thomas, K'Lavon Chiasson, Javon Kinlaw.

Phone doesn't ring, nobody wants to trade back. You have to stand in and pick. Who are you taking?

Best player to me is CJ Henderson, and its not particularly close. You reaching for lineman like Blacklock/Gallimore? Reach on an edge like Gross-Matos or Epenesa? Spend 17 on Mims, who is a great player, but will come in as WR4 this year?

I think it's a pretty realistic scenario, and we need to be prepared to take the best player, especially at a position of need. Who would you take in that scenario?

1 hour ago, Calvert28 said:

If McClay nails their replacements and more then the Jones's and McCarthy all need to eff off and just let him have full GM control. 

If we nail the replacements in the draft we can be just as good as last year!!

• Like 1