Draft watch 2020

resilient part 2

39 minutes ago, WizardHawk said:

This would work to Cowboys' advantage. 

The timing of the leak doesn't make sense. Why leak this at all unless it's a ruse? Are they that scared of the Giants drafting one of the many gifted OTs? This screams smoke screen. I think they're trading up for a QB.

• Like 1

With Matt Stafford being 32 and battling a broken back, why is Tua not discussed more at pick 3? I see Okudah and other names but hardly see Tua mocked in at 3. Stafford isn't quite done, and Tua may need some time. It seems like a perfect fit to me.

6 minutes ago, DaBoys said:

With Matt Stafford being 32 and battling a broken back, why is Tua not discussed more at pick 3? I see Okudah and other names but hardly see Tua mocked in at 3. Stafford isn't quite done, and Tua may need some time. It seems like a perfect fit to me.

Feel like they and their fans are pretty attached to him as the best QB in their franchise history. He's fallen off the radar some, but I think most DET fans would tell you he was still showing annual signs of growth as a QB until this latest setback.

Patricia also needs to win now

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, DaBoys said:

I think Detroit is evaluating QB, but their GM and Matt Patricia are in a tough spot because they'll likely be fired if they don't start winning, and a rookie QB will slow that down. I think it's in the Lions' best interests to HEAVILY consider whether Tua (or maybe Herbert) should be the pick, but I don't think they'll draft one until the next regime comes in.

EDIT:

If Detroit indeed trades the pick to Miami and winds up with, as an example, the 5th and 18th picks based on the trade, then perhaps a QB may be in play if Miami is stupid enough to cough up that much capital for an OT.

Edited by plan9misfit
  • Like 2

1 minute ago, matt79511 said:

Feel like they and their fans are pretty attached to him as the best QB in their franchise history. He's fallen off the radar some, but I think most DET fans would tell you he was still showing annual signs of growth as a QB until this latest setback.

Patricia also needs to win now

I considered this as the primary reason. In Lions' fans defense, he was really good last year

3 minutes ago, plan9misfit said:

I think Detroit is evaluating QB, but their GM and Matt Patricia are in a tough spot because they'll likely be fired if they don't start winning, and a rookie QB will slow that down. I think it's in the Lions' best interests to HEAVILY consider whether Tua (or maybe Herbert) should be the pick, but I don't think they'll draft one until the next regime comes in.

This is exactly why,  unless ownership steps in and says take him.   They're not gonna take a guy who likely would sit,   they both get fired, and some new coach gets the shiny new car. 

Edited by SweetFancyMoses
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, SweetFancyMoses said:

This is exactly why,  unless ownership steps in and says take him.   They're not gonna take a guy who likely would sit,   they both get fired, and some new coach gets the shiny new car. 

Funny you should say that. I updated my post because of a possible trade back, and my mindset is basically identical to what you just wrote.

3 minutes ago, eagles suck said:

Im still shocked that Chassion is getting this much attention. I need to see more than 1 year to be considered a 1st rd pick. If he 12 sacks and a force fumble machine maybe but I just need to see more. 

I'm ok with taking him, because I'm all about Dline and Oline, but I'm also ok with taking Greenard or Taylor in the 3rd.  

1 hour ago, plan9misfit said:

The timing of the leak doesn't make sense. Why leak this at all unless it's a ruse? Are they that scared of the Giants drafting one of the many gifted OTs? This screams smoke screen. I think they're trading up for a QB.

Who is to say Miami is the leaker here? If they are calling on other teams, there are many points of weakness outside of the organization that could have told Rapoport. And even if Miami is the team that leaked it, it isn't necessarily deliberate/strategic. Reporters cultivate sources, and part of their job is trying to get information that the team doesn't willingly want to give.

I remember when Washington traded up before the draft to draft Jason Campbell, and they performed an internal investigation to find out who leaked the info to a reporter.

You are right, you should be skeptical of everything that comes out at this time. But "a ruse" is not the only possible reason for this be out there.

1 hour ago, plan9misfit said:

Maybe Herbert or someone. I keep getting the feeling Tua is gonna go super high or super low. 

Same goes for Kinlaw.