Multiple Dolphins Players Request Trades After Loss

DigInBoys

He's not worth a first rounder right now. Not physically imposing enough. As Armando Salguero posted, it's obvious this regime doesn't have the same belief in Minkah as the 2018 staff.

The secondary is one area where the Patriots have different concepts and priorities. I'm sure Flores wants to reach that New England/Detroit/Baltimore blueprint of roughly 12-16% base defense, 54-58% nickel, and 26-33% dime. Those three teams are quietly the only ones in the league that maintain that breakdown, while others are all over the map.

Flores made a comment to the halftime interviewer last week that the secondary is what frustrated and disappointed him, since they were veterans. I think he realized during that game that his personnel at those positions is not what he thought, or what it needs to be. Only Xavien Howard has value other than Minkah. They have signed and want to keep Howard so jettisoning Minkah before he loses even more value is exceptionally logical. The rest of the league can waive off one weak game but this likely would become a pattern. 

How does bypassing Tua make any sense? The arsenal of 4 first round draft picks is next year. Not solo to 2020 but within 2021 also. Fantastic opportunity to package, if somehow they don't earn the #1 overall choice. If the Dolphins were dense enough to skip Tua then 2 of those first round picks are gone. Now they've got to be every bit as incompetent in consecutive seasons, otherwise they only have 1 additional first round pick to move up for Lawrence.

Oh sure, that will be enough. The team sitting at #1 in 2021 with Dolphins at #2 will gladly take one extra pick via the Texans and allow Miami to play musical chairs for the #1 pick. Be our guest. We don't think much of Lawrence anyway. 

The Dolphins were 16 point home underdogs to New England in 2007. The Patriots won and covered. This year the number is up to -19. The physical matchup is not nearly as bad as versus the Ravens but I'm mentioning this to point out how rare it is. Darn tough to qualify as 19 point home underdogs in this league. When all the variables have merged to allow you to be this inept, take advantage by grabbing the quarterback instead of outsmarting yourself by screwing around until the following season. 

• Like 2

As a Rams fan, I witnessed the worst five year stretch in NFL history - an average of five consecutive 3-13 seasons.

After that I watched Jeff Fisher for years.

I think I may have only missed one game in all that time - I'm a diehard fan.

But this would be too much for me I think - are Dolphins fans going to watch every game?

22 minutes ago, FrantikRam said:

As a Rams fan, I witnessed the worst five year stretch in NFL history - an average of five consecutive 3-13 seasons.

But this would be too much for me I think - are Dolphins fans going to watch every game?

I turned off the last one in the 2nd quarter... there were other games on that I preferred to watch.

I'll probably at least turn on every game. But it's hard to watch this game right now.

I actually will take more joy rooting against the Texans (higher 1st in return for Tunsil) this season than I will watching the Dolphins.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, FrantikRam said:

Damn I kinda forgot about that horrid 5-year stretch for the Rams. A 3-13 average over 5 years is insane. But to be fair, they never finished any worst than 4th in the NFC West, kudos.

Seems perfectly normal to see a new coach come in and trade/cut guys that might be good players yet don't fit the new coach's system. 

Need to get Minkah outta here while his trade value is still high. Pull that trigger, Grier. Next man up!