Week 2 GDT: Colts @ Titans

ttitansfan4life

23 minutes ago, TitanRedd said:

Honestly you guys are over reaching on Adoree & before I’m crucified hear me out. Adoree is a conundrum; he hasn’t ascended to elite status no where near a shutdown corner, but in a passing league he’s a solid corner. I mean aside from the bonehead PI penalty he still was solid. Against Cleveland not spectacular but solid. I’ll resign Adoree but it’ll be a short deal no more than 7 mill annually. At the end of the day he’s not trash like Eli Apple or Bradley Roby or Vernon Hargreaves or Morris Claiborne. He’s a solid cover corner that has the tools to be great just not the IQ.

From someone who is tired of the inconsistent play of Marcus, I'd think you'd feel the same about other players too.  The argument you are making for Adoree is pretty much word for word the same being made about Marcus. :) Just switch out the names.

Adoree makes bonehead mistake at least once every 2 games. 

5 minutes ago, TitanRedd said:

The big play he gave up to TY Hilton Byard was suppose to be over top he bit on play action & left Adoree on a island though Adoree was there & had he got his head around could’ve made a play on the ball, it still was a blown assignment by Byard because Adoree was playing him to his help or so he thought. But what about the game he had against Josh Gordon 🤔. Again he isn’t terrible Adoree doesn’t get beat & torched every Sunday though he has had bad games. The kid is a solid corner like a 85 if I had to grade him that’s it 

We can break singular plays down all day, but the fact of the matter is he rarely gets his head around, and when he does, he isn’t good at tracking the ball. He falls asleep too often. He gives up back breaking penalties. You’ve even said yourself he is bad at route recognition. He’s not physical. He’s just athletic...

Also, Josh Gordon hasn’t been good since 2013.

As  I expected, the local radio coverage of yesterday's game is totally different from the fan reaction.  
They acknowledge the play of Marcus, but also went into the total team failure. 
1. Going away from Derrick
2. Defense giving up crucial plays
3. Missed makeable FG.
4. Offensive Line play
5. Poor clock management from HC.
6. WR drops
7. Poor personnel usage. (Humphries, Walker, putting in Dion Lewis)
8. QB play

If any of these 8 things are removed from the list, we win this tight game. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, KingTitan said:

From someone who is tired of the inconsistent play of Marcus, I'd think you'd feel the same about other players too.  The argument you are making for Adoree is pretty much word for word the same being made about Marcus. :) Just switch out the names.

Adoree makes bonehead mistake at least once every 2 games. 

I’ve said that yesterday though 😩 but Marcus our weighs Adoree because the ball is in his hands & he determines the outcome on the win Lost  column. Adoree is a conundrum but how many receivers get a 100 yards on him other than Ty Hilton who biggest play came because Byard was out of position, Will Fuller gave him the business last year, Antonio Brown & Tyreke Hill 🤷🏽‍♂️ He’s not terrible cover corner just a headache but again in a passing league you better have 3 corners that can cover 

5 minutes ago, TitanSlim said:

For those who are all out on Mariota, what does he need to do from here on out for you to be comfortable with him here in the future?

I think the ship has sailed. From here on out, every pass is going to be graded and evaluated. Any bad game will call for his benching. Any great game will be written off as a fluke.

Unless he becomes a consistent 250-300 yard passer and a TD a game, I don't think most will ever be comfortable with him.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, TitanRedd said:

I’ve said that yesterday though 😩 but Marcus our weighs Adoree because the ball is in his hands & he determines the outcome on the win Lost  column. Adoree is a conundrum but how many receivers get a 100 yards on him other than Ty Hilton who biggest play came because Byard was out of position, Will Fuller gave him the business last year, Antonio Brown & Tyreke Hill 🤷🏽‍♂️ He’s not terrible cover corner just a headache but again in a passing league you better have 3 corners that can cover 

He may not have the ball in his hands every play, but he impacts the game. That PI call was big.
When he muffs a punt, that is big.
When he lets a WR blow by him that's big.

All game changing plays.
One thing Marcus has gotten good at is not turning the ball over. Alex Smith like. His conservative nature with the ball has also become his Achilles heel. 

2 minutes ago, dtait93 said:

We can break singular plays down all day, but the fact of the matter is he rarely gets his head around, and when he does, he isn’t good at tracking the ball. He falls asleep too often. He gives up back breaking penalties. You’ve even said yourself he is bad at route recognition. He’s not physical. He’s just athletic...

Also, Josh Gordon hasn’t been good since 2013.

Played 11 games had over 700 yards & avg 18 yards a catch that ain’t good 🤷🏽‍♂️ Sign me up for aint good then 

1 minute ago, KingTitan said:

He may not have the ball in his hands every play, but he impacts the game. That PI call was big.
When he muffs a punt, that is big.
When he lets a WR blow by him that's big.

All game changing plays.
One thing Marcus has gotten good at is not turning the ball over. Alex Smith like. His conservative nature with the ball has also become his Achilles heel. 

Big facts bro can’t argue wit that but as I’ve said I’ll keel him depending on price because you need 3 or more quality cover corners in this league & ive seen worse, Reynaldo Hill, Andre Wolflork, Andre Dyson, Ryan Mouton, Nick Harper 

Just now, TitanRedd said:

Big facts bro can’t argue wit that but as I’ve said I’ll keel him depending on price because you need 3 or more quality cover corners in this league & ive seen worse, Reynaldo Hill, Andre Wolflork, Andre Dyson, Ryan Mouton, Nick Harper 

:) That's literally again the argument for staying patient with Marcus. We've seen Locker, Mettenberger, old Kerry Collins and old Matt Hasselbeck. We've seen worst than Marcus. We are competitive with him. Not world beaters, but competitive. 

Adoree is in year 3 at position that shouldn't take that long to transition to the NFL and he hasn't shown any real tangible improvement from his first play to now. If you are willing to ride with him because of needing a solid guy, you should feel the same about Marcus.  Maybe it's apple to oranges, but the philosophy is the same. 

My patience is running towards empty with both, but still don't want either replaced. 

2 minutes ago, KingTitan said:

:) That's literally again the argument for staying patient with Marcus. We've seen Locker, Mettenberger, old Kerry Collins and old Matt Hasselbeck. We've seen worst than Marcus. We are competitive with him. Not world beaters, but competitive. 

Adoree is in year 3 at position that shouldn't take that long to transition to the NFL and he hasn't shown any real tangible improvement from his first play to now. If you are willing to ride with him because of needing a solid guy, you should feel the same about Marcus.  Maybe it's apple to oranges, but the philosophy is the same. 

My patience is running towards empty with both, but still don't want either replaced. 

I see your point but you’re missing mines, again you need how many good cover corners in the NFL at least 3 how many QB’s do you need you only can play 1 QB. That’s why I’m hard on Marcus but done with him because for 1 a starting QB makes anywhere from 15-35 mill a year Adoree will never see that kind of money. He’s solid not terrible & he pisses me off because he’s not getting better but he still is a quality good starter as a #2 or 3 CB

8 minutes ago, TitanSlim said:

For those who are all out on Mariota, what does he need to do from here on out for you to be comfortable with him here in the future?

Consistency. Not missing easy and obvious checkdowns, getting rid of the ball when nothing is there and the pocket is collapsing, avoiding big hits when he takes off, giving our team atleast 200+ yards of offense through the air (in his last 16 games he has only done this 7 times, and yes that includes games he has gotten injured and left early but that goes back to consistency), threatening the defense week in and week out by pushing the ball downfield and COMPLETING the passes (he only attempted a pass longer than 15 yards twice yesterday and one of those was a triple covered Delanie), and making the playoffs with him as a primary factor - not the defense, not Derrick Henry, not the TE’s and WR’s racking up ridiculous amounts of YAC to make his stats look more pretty, but Mariota taking control.

This is not asking a lot of a QB to do. This is like bare minimum stuff you would expect a rookie to come in and do.

• Like 2

39 minutes ago, TitanSlim said:

I’m not all out on him, and I still think he’s a QB you can win with, but he’s definitely not worth investing a ton of money in if he can’t play consistently well when he’s healthy.

We’re just two weeks in and he’s been efficient for 7 of 8 quarters, with one really horrible one and a lot of pressure.

I would try to resign him to a deal similar to Brissett’s, if at all possible. He’d probably cost more, but I think much more than that is likely the point where you have diminishing returns.

• Like 3

Outside of the QB talk.

There are still other areas of the team that are still a concern. 
Smith's playcalling was good the first game. I didn't like his personnel usage in the first game tho.

And I still don't like it now. Humphries should be out there almost every play as should Davis. What is the reason for not having them out there? I like AJ Brown but why is he the single receiver out there at times?

Can you imagine Hopkins not playing because of....reasons?
Also as we said, why is Lewis out there when Henry is rolling?

I don't care who is at QB Marcus, Tannehill or Montana, the top WR should be out there majority of the time. 

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, KingTitan said:

Outside of the QB talk.

There are still other areas of the team that are still a concern. 
Smith's playcalling was good the first game. I didn't like his personnel usage in the first game tho.

And I still don't like it now. Humphries should be out there almost every play as should Davis. What is the reason for not having them out there? I like AJ Brown but why is he the single receiver out there at times?

Can you imagine Hopkins not playing because of....reasons?
Also as we said, why is Lewis out there when Henry is rolling?

I don't care who is at QB Marcus, Tannehill or Montana, the top WR should be out there majority of the time. 

again, it comes down to us just being a stupid team that doesn't get with the times. What other NFL team doesn't have Corey Davis on the field every play? The Bucs showed exactly how to use Humphries. We COULD just use him as a chain mover, but no. that'd be too stupid. Blocks and end arounds

• Like 1