Week 2 GDT: Colts @ Titans

ttitansfan4life

6 minutes ago, titans0021 said:

I loved VY. He had his own issues that brought some of the problems on to himself. My recent memory list was David Carr and Tim Couch.

No doubt Vy wasn’t mentally tough but that’s because of his idiot coach fisher ruined him, I always say this Cam Newton is every bit of what VY should’ve been had he head a coach that wasn’t a nincompoop. Hell if you go back & watch steve McNair a football life, his mom said  he wanted to quit because he thought he wasn’t good & the fans were booing him & he took a beating. Fisher stuck wit steve because he drafted him. Fisher never wanted young to begin with, he wanted Cutler but Bud Adams made the call

Imagine if the Ravens brought in Lamar Jackson and then just used the same playbook that they did with Flacco. Or if the Cardinals just used the Carson Palmer system with Kyler Murray. Or the Texans asked Deshaun Watson to be Matt Schaub. That’s what we’ve done with Mariota. For five years.

He is a game manager because we haven’t embraced his skill set and, rather than focusing on his long-term development, we’ve spent the most valuable years of his young career taking the ball out of his hands because we needed to chase nine wins. We’ve sacrificed the potential to have a very good quarterback because we could win a few games now with an average one. And in that chase, we took away his confidence and aggressiveness and left him scared to take risks that good quarterbacks need to be willing to take.

• Like 6

2 minutes ago, titans0021 said:

He is a game manager because we haven’t embraced his skill set and, rather than focusing on his long-term development, we’ve spent the most valuable years of his young career taking the ball out of his hands because we needed to chase nine wins. We’ve sacrificed the potential to have a very good quarterback because we could win a few games now with an average one. And in that chase, we took away his confidence and aggressiveness and left him scared to take risks that good quarterbacks need to be willing to take.

This is a good paragraph.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, titans0021 said:

I loved VY. He had his own issues that brought some of the problems on to himself. My recent memory list was David Carr and Tim Couch.

I loved "the longhorn" at first but he hung himself. Fisher just handed him the rope instead of talking him down. 

17 minutes ago, titans0021 said:

We’ve taken a quarterback that thrived in a spread offense with quick decisions and timing and had him spend the majority of his career playing under center with two or three tight ends, extended routes and slow receivers and then we complain that he looks uncomfortable in the pocket.

Took a college Corvette and asked him to be an NFL pick up truck. 

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, titans0021 said:

Imagine if the Ravens brought in Lamar Jackson and then just used the same playbook that they did with Flacco. Or if the Cardinals just used the Carson Palmer system with Kyler Murray. Or the Texans asked Deshaun Watson to be Matt Schaub. That’s what we’ve done with Mariota. For five years.

i mean, i totally agree with all of this, but that’s where we’re at right now. it doesn’t look fixable, and we need to move on.

9 minutes ago, titans0021 said:

This is a good paragraph.

It is. Very truthful. 

Our hope this year is that he stays average and those around him become elite. 

And that our defense can take us to the playoffs. 

Marcus is going to have a solid statistical year most likely. About 3300 yards and 22 TDs or so at his current pace. 

I think someone mentioned it earlier in this thread...but part of the problem is that this franchise refuses to evolve or get with the times. If the Saints can figure it out...if the Rams can figure it out...then why can't we? The McNair/George days were nearly TWENTY years ago, and we've had zero success since then, but we still are trying to duplicate the ghosts of this franchise's past.

This is more than Mariota, this is more than missed tackles. This is a franchise who cannot get out of its own way and take any sort of learnings from around the league. You draft wide receivers, but you don't let them catch the ball. You don't throw them the ball. It's middle of the field passes to TEs and runs up the gut. It's screens to Corey Davis and passes to offensive linemen.

How many pick plays have we ever run successfully? How many times have we effectively schemed a receiver open? ATL-Philly is a 3-3 game right now, but both offenses just look so much more...PUT TOGETHER...than ours ever has or will. QB play aside (because neither are playing great), we're just constantly playing checkers when everyone else is playing chess.

• Like 3

Just now, -Hope- said:

i mean, i totally agree with all of this, but that’s where we’re at right now. it doesn’t look fixable, and we need to move on.

I'm not against it. But not for it. 

We are where we are this year. I want to keep him until we for sure have something better or a path to something better. 

I'll take games like today over blowout losses. We at least has a chance and will continue to have chances. 

But it sounds like we are tied of chances. We want it tilted to where teams have to beat us rather than us having a good chance to beat someone. 

I'd like to go into a game feeling like we can complete passes rather than hoping we do. 

4 minutes ago, deeluxx3 said:

I think someone mentioned it earlier in this thread...but part of the problem is that this franchise refuses to evolve or get with the times. If the Saints can figure it out...if the Rams can figure it out...then why can't we? The McNair/George days were nearly TWENTY years ago, and we've had zero success since then, but we still are trying to duplicate the ghosts of this franchise's past.

This is more than Mariota, this is more than missed tackles. This is a franchise who cannot get out of its own way and take any sort of learnings from around the league. You draft wide receivers, but you don't let them catch the ball. You don't throw them the ball. It's middle of the field passes to TEs and runs up the gut. It's screens to Corey Davis and passes to offensive linemen.

How many pick plays have we ever run successfully? How many times have we effectively schemed a receiver open? ATL-Philly is a 3-3 game right now, but both offenses just look so much more...PUT TOGETHER...than ours ever has or will. QB play aside (because neither are playing great), we're just constantly playing checkers when everyone else is playing chess.

Lol type that and Wentz throws his second pick and Ryan missed two TD passes. 

But that was me talking about the franchise DNA. 

Pittsburgh did it perfectly. Went from the Bettis run approach to the Ben spread attack.