Week 2 GDT: Colts @ Titans

ttitansfan4life

Just now, TitanRedd said:

Once again I’m not saying give up on him I said start Woodyard period, the best player should be on the field I’m not over reacting I want us to win games. I said earlier him & Cassey weren’t a no show. Again me saying start Woodyard isn’t me calling him a bust or for us to give up on him, he’s missing tackles & blowing gap assignments that’s causing big plays. 

Ok then at what point do you put him back in? Because he isn’t gonna fix it sitting on the sideline.

2 minutes ago, titans0021 said:

Our quarterback, who we’ve clearly asked to be a game manager, played a safe game with no turnovers. Apparently that’s supposed to infuriate me?

you would hope that a game-manager QB could find their checkdowns, not take drive-killing sacks every 3 minutes, and ideally, if we're reeeeeally getting wild here, convert a 3rd down or two.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, dtait93 said:

Ok then at what point do you put him back in? Because he isn’t gonna fix it sitting on the sideline.

I'm still not getting the reasoning behind benching him.

He missed tackles? There wasn't much wrong with the defense and the plays they did wiff on I wouldn't really point to Evans as the problem

2 minutes ago, -Hope- said:

you would hope that a game-manager QB could find their checkdowns, not take drive-killing sacks every 3 minutes, and ideally, if we're reeeeeally getting wild here, convert a 3rd down or two.

Also, it's 2019, are we still saying that we're asking him to be a game manager, as if he could be much more than that and we're somehow stopping him from reaching his full potential?

1 minute ago, -Hope- said:

He took two sacks that I’m willing to put on him. Both drives ended in field goal attempts. He completed 68% of his pass attempts. He was thoroughly unremarkable. He also isn’t the reason we lost this game. 

With an unspectacular QB and a line that can’t block four-man rushes without help, this is what the offense looks like. Especially when you randomly abandon what is actually working on that side of the ball.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, KingTitan said:

I'm still not getting the reasoning behind benching him.

He missed tackles? There wasn't much wrong with the defense and the plays they did wiff on I wouldn't really point to Evans as the problem

Had he stayed in his gap different ball game on that long TD. He still can play I’m saying right now Woodyard is still better put the better player on the field as they say it’s the lil things the lil things that wins ball games 

6 minutes ago, -Hope- said:

He took checkdowns tho. Lol

People hate him for not challenging the middle of the field or pushing it downfield. So he holds it to try to attack downfield and he jerk for holding it?

Really am asking seriously...if be would have checked it down on an 3rd and long for a 2 yard dump off, would you be pleased?

Just now, TitanSlim said:

I forgot how bad it gets around here after a loss.  

Extremely disappointing loss, but we've still got a long season ahead of us. Got to put this one behind us quick and in a hurry.

Yeah gotta find a way to pull it out Thursday. I was hoping to go 3-1 without Lewan. That's still within range no matter how much this loss hurt today.

2 minutes ago, Andrei01 said:

Also, it's 2019, are we still saying that we're asking him to be a game manager, as if he could be much more than that and we're somehow stopping him from reaching his full potential?

His best statistical years came when we spread the offense out and let him throw it around while getting killed by his line. If you’ve paid any attention to when he looks most comfortable throughout his career, you can pretty clearly see that, yes, we’re asking him to play far safer and to not risk turnovers.

• Like 1

Just now, titans0021 said:

His best statistical years came when we spread the offense out and let him throw it around while getting killed by his line. If you’ve paid any attention to when he looks most comfortable throughout his career, you can pretty clearly see that, yes, we’re asking him to play far safer and to not risk turnovers.

And no, we’ve long ago killed his chances of reaching the potential he entered the league with.

2 minutes ago, KingTitan said:

Really am asking seriously...if be would have checked it down on an 3rd and long for a 2 yard dump off, would you be pleased?

i mean, it would be the same result without losing us an extra 8 yards every time, so sure, fine.

people here just seem like they have insanely low standards for the QB play they want to see out of this team. i truly don't know how you can be ok with this.

i mean, if you want to see what an effective game manager QB looks like, just look at the quarterback we played against today. aside from the pick, which was really just a great play by logan ryan, brissett avoided sacks, converted 3rd downs, and didn't make mistakes. 

1 minute ago, -Hope- said:

i mean, it would be the same result without losing us an extra 8 yards every time, so sure, fine.

people here just seem like they have insanely low standards for the QB play they want to see out of this team. i truly don't know how you can be ok with this.

i mean, if you want to see what an effective game manager QB looks like, just look at the quarterback we played against today. aside from the pick, which was really just a great play by logan ryan, brissett avoided sacks, converted 3rd downs, and didn't make mistakes. 

I definitely don’t think Brissett was better than Mariota today. But oh well.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, titans0021 said:

this is just...not true? at all? like come on, his single best statistical year was in the first year of exotic smash mouth lol. and even that year, his best statistical outings came when we limited his attempts and the run game was working. when he had to throw ~30+ passes we lost more often than not, and he usually turned the ball over more than usual. this is all easily verifiable if you look up the game logs from 2016.