Week 2 GDT: Colts @ Titans

ttitansfan4life

6 minutes ago, TitanSlim said:

I forgot how bad it gets around here after a loss.  

Extremely disappointing loss, but we've still got a long season ahead of us. Got to put this one behind us quick and in a hurry.

I think the only acceptable way for the team to lose around here is if a QB throws for 400 yards and 3 TDs. 

Outside of that Marcus or no Marcus the world ends with each loss's. 

10 minutes ago, KingTitan said:

I'm still not getting the reasoning behind benching him.

He missed tackles? There wasn't much wrong with the defense and the plays they did wiff on I wouldn't really point to Evans as the problem

It’s an overreaction in it’s purest form.

3 minutes ago, KingTitan said:

I think the only acceptable way for the team to lose around here is if a QB throws for 400 yards and 3 TDs. 

Outside of that Marcus or no Marcus the world ends with each loss's. 

wanting to not go 1 of 10 on 3rd down and complete a downfield pass or two is now expecting 400 yards and 3 TDs, got it.

we can disagree, but when you start making up hyperbolic nonsense like this that's just stupid.

4 minutes ago, -Hope- said:

i mean, it would be the same result without losing us an extra 8 yards every time, so sure, fine.

people here just seem like they have insanely low standards for the QB play they want to see out of this team. i truly don't know how you can be ok with this.

i mean, if you want to see what an effective game manager QB looks like, just look at the quarterback we played against today. aside from the pick, which was really just a great play by logan ryan, brissett avoided sacks, converted 3rd downs, and didn't make mistakes. 

Brissett should have been sacked at least 6 times. He made plenty of mistakes. He holds the ball too long too because he don't know what he is seeing. 

He had 146 yards passing and turned the ball over 2 times almost 3-4 if we catch tipped passes.  That's what you want from your game manager? 

8 minutes ago, SerenityNow said:

Yeah gotta find a way to pull it out Thursday. I was hoping to go 3-1 without Lewan. That's still within range no matter how much this loss hurt today.

Yeah, this loss sucks and we all wanted to beat the thorn in our side that's the Colts. However, we can still come out of this first quarter of the season 3-1 without Lewan.  I think most of us would take that, even with this loss.

6 minutes ago, titans0021 said:

And no, we’ve long ago killed his chances of reaching the potential he entered the league with.

Unfortunately this feels true. This is a hill I willing to die on. We ruined him by not building an offense around his strengths his first few years like how the Texans have done with Watson, Chiefs/Mahomes, Cardinals/Murray, ect.

1 minute ago, KingTitan said:

Brissett should have been sacked at least 6 times. He made plenty of mistakes. He holds the ball too long too because he don't know what he is seeing. 

He had 146 yards passing and turned the ball over 2 times almost 3-4 if we catch tipped passes.  That's what you want from your game manager? 

except...he wasn't. funny how we rarely can say that about marcus. should'ves mean nothing.

1 minute ago, -Hope- said:

wanting to not go 1 of 10 on 3rd down and complete a downfield pass or two is now expecting 400 yards and 3 TDs, got it.

we can disagree, but when you start making up hyperbolic nonsense like this that's just stupid.

As I said "Marcus or no Marcus" I've never seen this forum not a want to destroy the world and blow up the team after a loss. 

I am saying I don't think it will ever be a "dang we did some good things but came up short with some cruicial mistakes." 

Lol I guess that's just not the generic makeup. 

3 minutes ago, dtait93 said:

It’s an overreaction in it’s purest form.

That’s your opinion because you don’t agree I don’t make overreaction, just how I said mariota is trash earlier & everyone said overreaction now after the game everyone pretty much on board. I’m saying as of now Woodyard is better than Evans I coach football I don’t care what’s your draft status how big your contract is the best man should be on the field. Evans wasn’t better than Woodyard last season yes he flashed but he wasn’t better. 

1 minute ago, -Hope- said:

except...he wasn't. funny how we rarely can say that about marcus. should'ves mean nothing.

Still turned the ball over 2 times and didn't break 150 yards passing. 

But anyway we say it all the time. Lol 

Sharpe should have fell forward. Line should have held a block. Kicker should have hit the FG. Coaches should have stuck with Henry. 

And. 

Marcus should have hit that pass or gotten rid of it. 

Seems like some ignore the other should haves. 

4 minutes ago, -Hope- said:

this is just...not true? at all? like come on, his single best statistical year was in the first year of exotic smash mouth lol. and even that year, his best statistical outings came when we limited his attempts and the run game was working. when he had to throw ~30+ passes we lost more often than not, and he usually turned the ball over more than usual. this is all easily verifiable if you look up the game logs from 2016.

The two years where he threw it the most, per game, in his career are also his two years with his best  YPA and far away his best TD%. Which isn’t a coincidence. You spend a few years being told not to take chances, not to risk turnovers, that punting is fine, this is how it ends. 

1 minute ago, KingTitan said:

As I said "Marcus or no Marcus" I've never seen this forum not a want to destroy the world and blow up the team after a loss. 

I am saying I don't think it will ever be a "dang we did some good things but came up short with some cruicial mistakes." 

Lol I guess that's just not the generic makeup. 

"doing some good things and coming up short with some crucial mistakes" is literally the entire MO of this team for the last 4 years. if you're okay with that, then fine. lots of people aren't.

2 minutes ago, titans0021 said:

His best statistical years came when we spread the offense out and let him throw it around while getting killed by his line. If you’ve paid any attention to when he looks most comfortable throughout his career, you can pretty clearly see that, yes, we’re asking him to play far safer and to not risk turnovers.

In his best statistical year we were 3rd in rush attempts and 3rd in rushing yards per game, and we ran the least amount of plays from a 11 personnel in the league.

Also, yes, we're asking him to be a game manager, but it's 2019, are we still saying we're limiting him from reaching his potential and not doing it because that's the most he can be, and not that good at it either?