The Philadelphia 76ers Thread: Where Simmons, yet again, guards fours

Utley

I really don't want to mortgage anything for Leonard the more I think about it. I still have faith Fultz can at least become a good enough player based on his ability to drive and also play point and if he redevelops his jumper watch out. Saric is a glue guy that will help win a championship. I think Klay is our best option for an all star addition in free agency next year. If we decide to trade for him, it should be pick based and keep away from our core as best as possible. 

If we can trade both of our firsts this year, Bayless' expiring deal and maybe a guy like Korkmaz or TLC, maybe even kick in a future pick and a stash not named Jonah Bolden. Re-sign Reddick and you've got a title contender next season

Simmons

Thompson

Covington

Saric

Embiid

Fultz

Reddick

Bolden

Holmes

Bellinelli

McConnell

Anderson

And no Bayless

• Like 1

1 hour ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

Big to get a win today with no one playing over 30 minutes with a game against the Wizards tomorrow. A win and you guys are the 5th seed right? Could easily get up two the 4th seed when it is all said and done. 

Yeah it smart of Brett to keep the starters on the bench for a large chunk of the 4th. Tomorrow's game is pretty big. I think you're right that if we win, we could be the 5th seed. 

The Sixers are 2.5 back from the 3 seed in the East. That's not me saying they'll be the 3 seed. I think that's a good way to illustrate how tight the East is from 3 to 7. No telling how that will end up at the end of the year but I definitely like the Sixers chances of rising based on how they've been playing lately.

2 minutes ago, RollEagles said:

Yeah it smart of Brett to keep the starters on the bench for a large chunk of the 4th. Tomorrow's game is pretty big. I think you're right that if we win, we could be the 5th seed. 

The Sixers are 2.5 back from the 3 seed in the East. That's not me saying they'll be the 3 seed. I think that's a good way to illustrate how tight the East is from 3 to 7. No telling how that will end up at the end of the year but I definitely like the Sixers chances of rising based on how they've been playing lately.

Only 2.5 back, but the Cavs are going to go on a nice run to end the season. 

Just now, J-ALL-DAY said:

Only 2.5 back, but the Cavs are going to go on a nice run to end the season. 

Yeah I think the Cavs will lock up the 3 seed pretty easily. I think the Sixers could make a nice run at 4. 

No matter how it shakes up, I don't think I'd want to face the Sixers in the first round if I was the Raptors, Celtics, or Cavs. Even if the Sixers don't win, that's a potentially draining series.

20 hours ago, the lone star said:

My buddy asked a question today. If LeBron were to join the 76ers, would they be able to beat the Warriors in the finals?

It's really impossible to say. But I think LeBron in Philadelphia next year would be in an incredible position to make the Finals 

Fultz shooting today

https://twitter.com/PompeyOnSixers/status/967901711967965185

https://twitter.com/PompeyOnSixers/status/967900652868337664

https://twitter.com/PompeyOnSixers/status/967899877261836288

Fultz shooting yesterday

https://twitter.com/ZackBlatt/status/967491189447512065?s=09

https://twitter.com/ZackBlatt/status/967491900847591429

Fultz' shot looks like it's coming together, and I'm excited for the kid, not only because he's a super talented player to add to a playoff team, but because he's been through so much thus far.

Speaking of adding players to the playoff run, it looks like Ersyn Ilyasova will be added to the roster, giving us some scoring and a stretch 4 off the bench, which is going to be huge for us.

Simmons/McConnell

Reddick/Fultz

Covington/Bellinelli

Saric/Ilyasova

Embiid/Holmes

That team could make the ECF.

Looking to the draft, I've decided I really want Mikal Bridges.

A good shooter and scorer who doesn't need to be the primary scorer but can. He's a very good defender and a winner as well. He's the type of 3 and D player we need to fill out the roster with given we've got our primary ball handler (Simmons) secondary ball handler and primary perimeter scoring threat (Fultz) and primary post scorer (Embiid).

Keep in mind we're going to be major players in free agency, and it's a no brainer.

Also I know its unlikely he comes here because he's either staying in OKC or going to LA, but Paul George is a better fit here than LeBron from a skill set perspective IMO.

1 hour ago, the lone star said:

Probably, but ionno about winning the finals.

I think a lot of it will also depend on what happens to GS next summer. 

I really doubt LeBron comes to Philly. It's a nice dream and makes sense in some ways but there's no way to predict what he wants to do. 

But a team featuring LeBron James, Ben Simmons, and Joel Embiid is pretty scary. I know that if I was a fan of any other team in the league, I absolutely wouldn't want to face that.

On 2/25/2018 at 7:03 PM, RollEagles said:

IMO, this is a pretty big signing at this point in the season. Our bench has been very sketchy and adding a guy like Ilyasova can only help. 

I have always disliked Ersan... I remember a game where he took like 27 shots while Embiid was on the floor last year and it soured me to him. But man was he HUGE last night!