The Philadelphia 76ers Thread: Where Simmons, yet again, guards fours

Utley

1 hour ago, Knowledge said:

IMO the media isnt doing a good job getting answers about the Fultz situation.

I want to know who told Fultz to change his shot and If it was his own doing why would the Organization allow that to happen? 

I really hate this front office. BC needs to go

The media is doing a fine job of getting anything they can. They've already asked and received an answer to that question. 

3 hours ago, mm6492 said:

Changed his form, didn;t work, made up injury as a cover, tried to switch form back, can't figure it out.

Issue is while he 3pt percentage was good in college, his FT was not. So I don't even know what the norm will be - it is all bizarre,

Why did he change his form?

2 hours ago, Knowledge said:

If Fultz never figures it out this may go down as the biggest draft bust in NBA history considering the talent in this draft and pick we gave up

Agreed. I will continue to hold out hope and still believe he was easily BPA. But this is unreal.

At this point, I think we move forward assuming we'll get nothing from Markelle besides a guard who can potentially attack the basket but has absolutely no shot. Assuming we have anything more is just being hopeful. 

That has to be a consideration in roster consideration going forward. In terms of the draft, going forward or adding players, it's as if we don't have the guard that Fultz was billed to be. 

It sucks that we gave up the pick to get him. No one could have seen this coming. 

At least we have Ben and Joel. 

5 hours ago, RollEagles said:

At this point, I think we move forward assuming we'll get nothing from Markelle besides a guard who can potentially attack the basket but has absolutely no shot. Assuming we have anything more is just being hopeful. 

That has to be a consideration in roster consideration going forward. In terms of the draft, going forward or adding players, it's as if we don't have the guard that Fultz was billed to be. 

It sucks that we gave up the pick to get him. No one could have seen this coming. 

At least we have Ben and Joel. 

This trade is really going to sting If that Lakers pick falls between 2-5 this year. Missing out on a player like Luka, Young, Bagley, Porter

Edited by Knowledge

7 hours ago, Knowledge said:

This trade is really going to sting If that Lakers pick falls between 2-5 this year. Missing out on a player like Luka, Young, Bagley, Porter

Hopefully Memphis just shuts down Conley for the season so they end up worse than the Lakers.  That would be 4 teams guaranteed worse than the Lakers.  I still don't understand how Chicago is playing so well, but if they trade Mirotic like they should then they'll be worse than the Lakers as well.

I will never understand this situation with Fultz.  I was a huge fan.

Edited by seminoles1

Question, who is the Sixers' coach in charge of shooting? If they have one. Shouldn't he be damn near fired by now. Ben Simmons can't shoot or at least hasn't shown any improvement since college and now Fultz potentially. Why can't JJ pull these guys aside and teach/work with them? Though Fultz could cut into JJ's playing time during JJ's contract year.

Seriously even though Philly is Boston's rival, as a basketball player who relied on shooting, I hate to see young talent NOT reach their potential because of their shooting/lackthereof. I also know full well that you have to get to players while they are still young before "bad muscle memory" sets in. 

I would really hate to see Fultz become a bust no matter what team he is on. 

4 hours ago, resilient part 2 said:

Question, who is the Sixers' coach in charge of shooting? If they have one. Shouldn't he be damn near fired by now. Ben Simmons can't shoot or at least hasn't shown any improvement since college and now Fultz potentially. Why can't JJ pull these guys aside and teach/work with them? Though Fultz could cut into JJ's playing time during JJ's contract year.

Seriously even though Philly is Boston's rival, as a basketball player who relied on shooting, I hate to see young talent NOT reach their potential because of their shooting/lackthereof. I also know full well that you have to get to players while they are still young before "bad muscle memory" sets in. 

I would really hate to see Fultz become a bust no matter what team he is on. 

It isn't that easy to change someone's form. They're being worked with, but it's a difficult balance between doing that and trying to compete this season.

• Like 1