The Philadelphia 76ers Thread: Where Simmons, yet again, guards fours

Utley

On 2/25/2018 at 8:20 PM, EaglesFan5-36-81 said:

Looking to the draft, I've decided I really want Mikal Bridges.

A good shooter and scorer who doesn't need to be the primary scorer but can. He's a very good defender and a winner as well. He's the type of 3 and D player we need to fill out the roster with given we've got our primary ball handler (Simmons) secondary ball handler and primary perimeter scoring threat (Fultz) and primary post scorer (Embiid).

Keep in mind we're going to be major players in free agency, and it's a no brainer.

Also I know its unlikely he comes here because he's either staying in OKC or going to LA, but Paul George is a better fit here than LeBron from a skill set perspective IMO.

Missed this earlier but would love Mikal Bridges. Perfect fit as a high end role player (3&D). 

• 2 weeks later...

Simmons last 4 games should put RoTY out of reach for Mitchell right? Like, I get that Mitchell is the 1st option in Utah whereas we have Jojo then Ben, but Ben essentially would've had 4 straight triple doubles if JoJo didn't go off for 19 in the game before this one and lets Ben grab one or two more boards in closing time. It just seems that Ben is getting better when he's supposed to be peaking.

11 hours ago, BlaqOptic said:

Simmons last 4 games should put RoTY out of reach for Mitchell right? Like, I get that Mitchell is the 1st option in Utah whereas we have Jojo then Ben, but Ben essentially would've had 4 straight triple doubles if JoJo didn't go off for 19 in the game before this one and lets Ben grab one or two more boards in closing time. It just seems that Ben is getting better when he's supposed to be peaking.

Statistically speaking, Ben has performed better than Mitchell by a fair margin. If you ask me.

16 hours ago, BlaqOptic said:

Before these recent triple dubs I would have said it will probably be a CO-ROTY. Right now I think Simmons is leading though

Mitchell has a couple things going for him. First people didn't expect him to be this good so that puts him up a few notches. Also the Jazz have gone like 22-2 over the last couple months which is crazy and with Mitchell leading the way. They sit in the 5th spot in a tougher Conference. He's also the fastest rookie to a certain number of 3's in NBA history 

Edited by Knowledge

Sixers - Grizzlies tonight. The Grizzlies are tied for having the worst record in the league.

As of right now, the Sixers are sitting at 6th in the East. 

• There are 13 games left in the regular season.
  • With an 8 game lead over the 9th team in the East, the Sixers are almost guaranteed to make the playoffs for the first time since the 2011-2012 season.
  • Currently, the Sixers are just 1.5 games out of 3rd in the East.
  • These are the teams in front of the Sixers right now up to the 3rd seed:
    • (3) Cleveland - 1.5 games ahead of the Sixers
    • (4) Indiana - 1 game ahead of the Sixers
    • (5) Washington - 0.5 games ahead of the Sixers
  • Here's the schedule for tonight's games:
    • (3) Cleveland vs. (1) Toronto - tough game for Cleveland
    • (4) Indiana at (5W) New Orleans - tough game for Indiana going to New Orleans to play the 5th best team in the West
    • (5) Washington at (6W) San Antonio - tough game for Washington going to San Antonio to play the 6th best team in the West as they are fighting for their playoff lives.

I'd go as far as to say that a win tonight is crucial to helping the Sixers work towards securing a home playoff series in the first round.

Edited by RollEagles

Watching this team grow this entire season has been so much fun. They started as a team that certainly had talent but it was clear they needed to grow. They used to lose games they should win, turn the ball over and play selfish at times, and bad shot selection. Now they are winning the games they should win in blow outs, are a terrific passing team (JoJo has improved a ton out of the post) and work to find the open man.

I love this team, and can' wait for Fultz to get healthy and add another element to this team.

The Process Worked.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Blahman88 said:

Going to get McConnell's minutes at point, TJ moving to off the ball role.

Wow that's a pretty big role for Fultz immediately. 

Love it. 

10 games to get up to speed and get ready for the playoffs. This team is clicking. If the Markelle we get is the Markelle we expected to get on draft day, we're in for a treat in the playoffs especially with the East relatively up for grabs.