Antonio Brown accused of rape

Matts4313

Just now, MWil23 said:

Anyone else get a really icky feeling about this allegation coupled with the Steelers saying people didn’t know how much they covered up pertaining to AB?

Listen, I love my Steelers but if our organization had ANY knowledge of this, the league needs to go at them hard AF. That would simply be unacceptable. Despicable. Again, right now it's an allegation, but if he turns out to be guilty and it was covered up....

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Bolts223 said:

To be fair: Most of these people being accused of rape are not millionaire athletes who someone could potentially get a ton of money from.

That's likely not an argument in favor of your stance because those are exactly the type of men women are more powerless against.

3 minutes ago, wwhickok said:

Listen, I love my Steelers but if our organization had ANY knowledge of this, the league needs to go at them hard AF. That would simply be unacceptable. Despicable. Again, right now it's an allegation, but if he turns out to be guilty and it was covered up....

The one thing I will say....there could be a possibility he was handling this without the team knowing.  Just sayin.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Matts4313 said:

I find it odd that she is keeping this as a civil suit and not a criminal one. I dont know if that means anything, but I dont understand why.

Given how many years ago this happened there's likely no physical evidence.

• Like 1

Just now, Matts4313 said:

I find it odd that she is keeping this as a civil suit and not a criminal one. I dont know if that means anything, but I dont understand why.

Per the article:

It was not clear whether Taylor reported her accusations to the police.

We don't know if or to what extent she has cooperated with police. She could file a civil suit separately from criminal charges. So to say she is limiting this to civil may or may not be accurate.

1 minute ago, Matts4313 said:

I believe a civil suit you can get money. A criminal is just to put them in jail/prison, which doesn't help her at all.

I might be wrong tho

10 minutes ago, MWil23 said:

Anyone else get a really icky feeling about this allegation coupled with the Steelers saying people didn’t know how much they covered up pertaining to AB?

I mean if that's the case, the Steelers are in huge trouble for covering this up.

1 minute ago, 11sanchez11 said:

I believe a civil suit you can get money. A criminal is just to put them in jail/prison, which doesn't help her at all.

I might be wrong tho

And I think civil suits are easier to win?

IIRC, O.J. got off with the murders in criminal court but was found guilty when Nicole Brown Simpson's family charged him with a civil suit. He walked free from jail but had to pay millions to the families.

• Like 1