Chiefs @ Raiders Week 2 GDT!!

agarcia34

3 minutes ago, drfrey13 said:

If we were not built to impose our will upon our opponents in the run game I would say good job checking t a pass on 1st and goal from the 1 but we are built to win that match up no matter what the defense does.  I would have radioed into Carr's helmet that he is to check out of the play no matter what.  That was my biggest issue with Carr in this game.  Although he did not play well his demeanor during the game gives me hope now.  I do not think he will ever be a top 5 QB but top ten can get us where we want to be.

Considering Carr needed the #1 Pass Protection (Dallas was #1 overall and had a historic run blocking line but most sites had us as the best pass protection) and two #1 WRs to barely scrape together a Top 10 QB season, I don’t think he’ll ever be a Top 10 QB. 

Aaron Rodgers with our 2016 team probably throws like 55 TDs. 

8 minutes ago, BayRaider said:

Considering Carr needed the #1 Pass Protection (Dallas was #1 overall and had a historic run blocking line but most sites had us as the best pass protection) and two #1 WRs to barely scrape together a Top 10 QB season, I don’t think he’ll ever be a Top 10 QB. 

I think Carr needed another year in Gruden's system to look comfortable with what he is suppose to do.  He will be  top 15 QB this year.  To reach top 10 and to allude to what @big_palooka said about having a sense of urgency he will have to feel confident that the players around him know what to do.  I do not know if anyone noticed but he kept calling out to the team that we are good before he went under center.  He is checking everyone's assignments and alignment first.  He needs to get faster at that or learn to trust.  He is developing in Gruden's offense and I think he is going to get better.  Just might not be as fast as we want.  

2 minutes ago, drfrey13 said:

I think Carr needed another year in Gruden's system to look comfortable with what he is suppose to do.  He will be  top 15 QB this year.  To reach top 10 and to allude to what @big_palooka said about having a sense of urgency he will have to feel confident that the players around him know what to do.  I do not know if anyone noticed but he kept calling out to the team that we are good before he went under center.  He is checking everyone's assignments and alignment first.  He needs to get faster at that or learn to trust.  He is developing in Gruden's offense and I think he is going to get better.  Just might not be as fast as we want.  

Carr is not gonna be on this team in 2021. Gruden is obsessed with guys who can evade sacks. Carr, while does an impressive ten yard run once a game, is absolutely terrible at avoiding defenders in the pocket. Like Jay Cutler levels of bad. 

We probably won’t draft a QB this year considering Dolphins are going hard for Tua and Herbert/Fromm aren’t worth it IMO. 

But 2021 is another story. 

Raiders defense held Mahomes scoreless in the 1st quarter for the first time in his career

Raiders Defense held KC scoreless 3 out of 4 quarters yesterday. Not many teams can say that. There are some positives out of this game

Aside from the 2nd Quarter ridiculous 28 points explosion, Raiders defense had a good game vs the most explosive offense in the NFL. 

We didn't run the ball enough with Jacobs. We got scored on and panicked. Got checked mate during the game. Can't beat anyone scoring 10 points and throwing picks in the red zone. We had our chances to get back in the game

We're 1-1. Better than 0-2. No serious injuries from the dirt infield.  We beat a team we were supposed to and lost to a team nobody thought we'll beat. No home games unit November 3rd which is unreal, we're gonna be fade material come mid-October. This record road trip will decide our season

3 hours ago, oakdb36 said:

KC basically knocked us out in the 2nd quarter. I don't think anyone thought we had any shot to win that game after that quarter. When we were sending a blitz, they had an easy completion. When we were sending 4, Mahomes was throwing dimes all over the field. Even when the coverage was good, they were pulling out circus catches. The reality is KC is one of the elite teams in the NFL and the Raiders are average on their best days.

Pretty much how I saw it tbh. Mahomes was unplayable and we were getting punished even when had good coverage. 

Just seen the snap counts, Crosby had more snaps than Key or Mayowa. Is Key injured? 

15 minutes ago, bucksavage1 said:

Raiders defense held Mahomes scoreless in the 1st quarter for the first time in his career

Raiders Defense held KC scoreless 3 out of 4 quarters yesterday. Not many teams can say that. There are some positives out of this game

The first Q was good, and is what you need to do against a team like KC, long drives. - Although Carrs pass to TW on opening drive should have been TD but Carr threw it OB.
But the D shutting them out in 2nd half im not to convinced about.
I think they let off, Reid knew he could score whenever wanted, and played to kill the clock. It was a classy move on their part, more than our D shutting them down

6 minutes ago, big_palooka said:

2 things nobody is mentioning:

1) Riley was a big problem. Back up safety came in and looked like terrible making reads in coverage

2) The Bears were gifted a win by the officials which will directly effect draft position. They should be 0-2 right now. 

The football gods do not like us. 

4 minutes ago, big_palooka said:

1) Riley was a big problem. Back up safety came in and looked like terrible making reads in coverage

2) The Bears were gifted a win by the officials which will directly effect draft position. They should be 0-2 right now. 

Completely agree with both just I am use to the league doing #2.  The secondary as a whole except Conley looked pretty bad.  Joyner - Whitehead miscommunication, Riley letting receivers get behind him, and Guenther having Joseph go 1 on 1 with Kelce.  Although I think the last one might have been incomplete.  Combine that with our offense not sustaining a drive or at least taking some time off the clock with with 6 minutes left in the half and Carr's INT on the 1 causes you to go from being up 17-14 (17-7) to being down 28-10.  4 plays plus one 3 and out caused this.  KC is to good to do these things to ourselves.

34 minutes ago, big_palooka said:

Riley was bad as was Joyner. Worley was playing free safety at times then manning up on Kelce. Morrow only played 17 snaps and he’s our best coverage LB. 

Devey got schooled by Chris Jones as well.

3 hours ago, oakdb36 said:

Grant starting won't work. He has 4 catches for 14 yards so far! They might have to force Doss (or Ateman) into a starting role or find a better fit somewhere else. I guess DeVante Parker could be an option if the compensation is low.

His numbers might've looked better had Carr not pathetically underthrew him for a would be 50+ yard TD.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, BayRaider said:

Crabs and Cooper 1's?  That term is thrown around so loosely it makes me sick.  Neither are legit ones and never have been.

2 hours ago, daineraider said:

I like Carr as a person, but he isnt ever going to be a top 10 QB in the league.  I think we have a big enough sample size to see what he is.  He is fiery player that has a few great games each season.  I wouldnt be upset if we went after a QB in next years draft, but would also be ok with Carr for another year or two.  

I'm not ok with this. This season should be it for Carr if he has another subpar year. Why waste time. Which QBs have 3 straight below average seasons and get to keep their jobs?

Say what you want about Miami tanking, but at least they cut their losses with Tannehill and didnt stay in purgatory for another 4 years. Now they are the odds on favorite to land Tua.

• Like 1