Week 2 GDT: CHI (0-1) @ DEN (0-1)

Broncofan

1 minute ago, Malfatron said:

So do you guys think Denver will be pissed and fired up for the Packers game, or will that ending put them in the tank?

This defense always used to play well against Aaron Rodgers. I know a lot has changed since the last meeting, but you just never know. I expect them to come out fired up.

That packers defense looks a little unnerving. You can't be late over the middle with the football. 

The game will come  down to Aaron Rodgers and Matt Lefleur getting a long.  If Rodgers can stay committed to running the football I think it's an L on paper. 

8 minutes ago, Malfatron said:

So do you guys think Denver will be pissed and fired up for the Packers game, or will that ending put them in the tank?

I mean I'm sure we'll be fired up but I just don't think we're good enough to win in Green Bay. I see essentially zero scenarios where the Broncos win this game 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, thebestever6 said:

This defense always used to play well against Aaron Rodgers. I know a lot has changed since the last meeting, but you just never know. I expect them to come out fired up.

That packers defense looks a little unnerving. You can't be late over the middle with the football. 

The game will come  down to Aaron Rodgers and Matt Lefleur getting a long.  If Rodgers can stay committed to running the football I think it's an L on paper. 

You mean they played well against him once? We've only played against Aaron Rodgers twice, and the only time we played against him in Lambeau he threw for 4 touchdowns and ran for another 2 in a 49-23 beatdown.

8 minutes ago, paul-mac said:

You mean they played well against him once? We've only played against Aaron Rodgers twice, and the only time we played against him in Lambeau he threw for 4 touchdowns and ran for another 2 in a 49-23 beatdown.

Okay I remember the Favre throw against dre bly one year that was a killer, and holding aaron rodgers to like a 52 passer rating and one hundred and something yards in 2015.

I have selective memory when it comes to beat downs. The Oakland game in 2009 or 2010 was the only beatdown I recall. This teams going to most likely get beat, destroyed, demolished.  Happy?

Edited by thebestever6

2 hours ago, Malfatron said:

maxresdefault.jpg

I have no doubt we'll try hard, and the guys will come out to play.  But we're going to Lambeau, against a team that has destroyed bad OL's, and whose QB just shreds any specific weaknesses on a D, and has a solid run game to boot.   

So no, not seeing it.     I don't think we'll get blown out like we did @ PHI when the D quit in the 2H...but no, I don't see a particularly close game, either.

Edited by Broncofan

@paul-mac you're right I believe it was the last complete game of the Orton era (Greenbay game).

I'm always going to be optimistic going into a game unless it's the Patriots or Chiefs just how I roll. Especially, in hard times early in the year. 

I'm not predicting win or saying I told you so this week because I don't expect a win. Matter of fact I'll do the GDT. With poor grammar and all.

Well, on the bright side the team is getting better each week. They just looked so rusty and out of game shape/sync. If only there a way to get them game like experience before the season. We can even call it that; the before-season. Where they can get four or five games against other teams that were just exhibitions, where it didn’t even matter. It won’t even have to be called the before-season. We could use some other prefix. Words are failing me now though..... 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, broncos_fan _from _uk said:

Well, on the bright side the team is getting better each week. They just looked so rusty and out of game shape/sync. If only there a way to get them game like experience before the season. We can even call it that; the before-season. Where they can get four or five games against other teams that were just exhibitions, where it didn’t even matter. It won’t even have to be called the before-season. We could use some other prefix. Words are failing me now though..... 

And that I think is what we should focus on. We're not winning but we're a pretty tough out. For me a great season would be to be considered the best team to not make the playoffs.

For all of his tools the knock that he’s not coachable just seems unchanged.   To blame the refs for his abysmal performance is just beyond ridiculous.  Lack of maturity at age 26-27 to stand up and be accountable is just an awful look.  Can’t deny his tools but it’s all technique and coachability.  

Pretty telling when the former OL analysts like Schlereth and Polumbo keep hammering Bolles.   

Edited by Broncofan

12 hours ago, AKRNA said:

And that I think is what we should focus on. We're not winning but we're a pretty tough out. For me a great season would be to be considered the best team to not make the playoffs.

Are we a tough out though? We played an inept Bears offense, and didn't look particularly competitive against Oakland. I'll believe we're a tough out when we play tough against good, top tier, teams.

38 minutes ago, broncos67 said:

Are we a tough out though? We played an inept Bears offense, and didn't look particularly competitive against Oakland. I'll believe we're a tough out when we play tough against good, top tier, teams.

Also at home with altitude advantage.   The Bears D was gassed at the end.   

Road W’s and playing tough on the road are a much more reliable sign of progress. Honestly looking at our play we’re a bottom 5-10 O and a bottom 5 ST unit.  Our D isn’t elite even though they hung in there on Sunday.  

Overall that makes us a bottom 10 team.  The 2 things in our favor are that our best players are the cheap young guys and that OL coach Munchak has a clear proven track record of turning around OL production in year 2.   He just needs clay to work with.   We aren’t giving him much right now.   Risner is a A+ talent.  James should be fine.  Leary is a lost cause he’s declining so quickly.  McGovern & Wilkinson are where Munchak can make his bones (if Bolles fails I won’t hold that against Munchak given coachability appears to be his big problem) .   But hopefully Elway will also give Munchak some clay to mold for 2020+.

2 hours ago, broncos67 said:

Well, so far we've played two teams and could've/should've won them both but lost. That makes us a tough out by definition.

Trying to judge what we've done by downplaying the competition at this time of year is pretty iffy. Outside of NE and KC we haven't got a clue how good anyone is yet.