Around the league discussion

candyman93

3 hours ago, candyman93 said:

All rationale and logic says the 49ers should win. They’re pound for pound better across their roster.

However, I think Reid coaches the best game of his life and Mahommes makes magic happen late.

These are the best two teams in the league. Only one has Mahomes and auto, though.

Edited by NudeTayne
*fist bump/"Get it"/"Come on. It's wordcraft."
  • Like 1

Words can't describe how much I'm rooting for Andy Reid. That said, once Baltimore lost, I was super happy that I could sit back and watch quality football and legitimately not care about the outcome(s) of most games, unlike torturing myself for 16 Sundays a year for the past 20+ years.

• Like 7

11 hours ago, candyman93 said:

All rationale and logic says the 49ers should win. They’re pound for pound better across their roster.

I don't think that's true at all. The Chiefs offense is significantly better.

Mahomes is way better than Garoppolo.
Kelce is slightly better than Kittle, but let's call this a wash.
Hill/Watkins/Robinson/Hardman is hilariously better than Goodwin/Bourne/Sanders/Deebo

I think it's going to be a good game, but the Chiefs offense is going to rip up that SF defense. Calling it now: Travis Kelce goes absolutely ham against their zone defense.

You can't beat the Chiefs unless you can double Hill and Kelce somehow. And you can't really double team dudes when you run zone 99.9% of the time. It's going to be a long night for that secondary in SF.

1 minute ago, BleedTheClock said:

I don't think that's true at all. The Chiefs offense is significantly better.

Mahomes is way better than Garoppolo.
Kelce is slightly better than Kittle, but let's call this a wash.
Hill/Watkins/Robinson/Hardman is hilariously better than Goodwin/Bourne/Sanders/Deebo

I think it's going to be a good game, but the Chiefs offense is going to rip up that SF defense. Calling it now: Travis Kelce goes absolutely ham against their zone defense.

You can't beat the Chiefs unless you can double Hill and Kelce somehow. And you can't really double team dudes when you run zone 99.9% of the time. It's going to be a long night for that secondary in SF.

Matchups I'm intrigued to see:

*The KC OL vs. the SF DL. If SF can get consistently get pressure with their front 4, their zone defense will keep those players you mentioned in check

*The SF running game vs. the Chiefs defense. If they can consistently run the ball and keep Mahomes off of the field, they have a good shot

13 hours ago, BleedTheClock said:

I don't think that's true at all. The Chiefs offense is better.

I dont rate the cheifs oline that highly, outside of a great rt and a decent left tackle their oline is pretty average. 

The 9ers have an amazing dline, bosa, armstead, buckner, ford, thomqs, warner, they are all guys that can get after the qb. 

Edited by Kiwibrown

40 minutes ago, Kiwibrown said:

I dont rate the cheifa olinenthat highly, outaide of a great rt and a decent left tackle their oline is pretty average. 

The 9ers have an amazing dline, bosa, armstead, buckner, ford, thomqs, warner, they are all guys that can get after the qb. 

Their OL is avg when it comes to running the ball but they played at a top5 level at pass blocking