Around the league discussion

candyman93

17 minutes ago, JDD said:

Wasn’t he offered a contract and he thought he would get more elsewhere?

Well they let him explore FA, when he came back to the browns and what seemed like he was ready to sign the offer the browns gave him, the browns pulled that offer and gave him a new but lower offer.

i think he explored FA to see if he could come back with a bigger offer with hopes the browns would match. Well no team did that, believe teams were offering him less than what the browns were offering. So the browns took their offer and adjusted it. 

17 minutes ago, JDD said:

Wasn’t he offered a contract and he thought he would get more elsewhere?

Yep, and didn’t.

And when he came back they offered less than before as no one else was matching it and he got pissed.

He wanted to leverage the Browns in FA but also wanted to come back to the deal he walked away from when the FA market wasn’t what he thought it would be,

Hindsight being what it is, shoulda paid him, but that’s not exactly great precedent if you allow yourself to be leveraged and cave.

• Like 2

Why do coaches get stupid aggressive late in games?

It’s 2nd and 5. You just ran the ball for 5 yards. It’s late in the 4th quarter. Then Shanny decides to pass it.

Being aggressive sounds sexy. Until it’s caused you to blow the 2 biggest leads in super bowl history.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, candyman93 said:

Chiefs might lose Chris Jones and Kendall Fuller next year.

I don't think they will. They'll keep Jones and Fuller and jettison just about everything else to keep them.

Sammy Watkins has admitted he’s stepping back from football next year.

He said he would consider it.

AFC will be wide open, but Mahomes has supplanted Brady.

I don't think it will be wide open. Mahomes is God.

48 minutes ago, candyman93 said:

Why do coaches get stupid aggressive late in games?

It’s 2nd and 5. You just ran the ball for 5 yards. It’s late in the 4th quarter. Then Shanny decides to pass it.

Being aggressive sounds sexy. Until it’s caused you to blow the 2 biggest leads in super bowl history.

KC was stacking the box to stop the run.  SF ran play action, Kittle was open, and Jimmy G missed him.  Then 3rd and 5, Kittle was WIDE open, and Jimmy didn't throw it to him.

Please tell me how that's bad coaching.

I know a lot of teams went deep in the playoffs this year with a non-existent pass offense, but you can't win it all unless your QB comes through at some critical point(s).  Mahomes made the plays in crunch time; Jimmy G did not.

• Like 3

10 minutes ago, ReggieCamp said:

KC was stacking the box to stop the run.  SF ran play action, Kittle was open, and Jimmy G missed him.  Then 3rd and 5, Kittle was WIDE open, and Jimmy didn't throw it to him.

Please tell me how that's bad coaching.

I know a lot of teams went deep in the playoffs this year with a non-existent pass offense, but you can't win it all unless your QB comes through at some critical point(s).  Mahomes made the plays in crunch time; Jimmy G did not.

There’s way to get creative against a 8 man front. You can go 4 wide and call a draw, you can design a screen, or a shovel pass to get the linebackers flowing 1 direction. Offenses don’t just forfeit on a run play when they see teams with a 8 man front. If they did, a team like Baltimore would have never won a game.

Edited by candyman93

3 hours ago, candyman93 said:

Chiefs might lose Chris Jones and Kendall Fuller next year. Sammy Watkins has admitted he’s stepping back from football next year.

He is retiring?

3 hours ago, candyman93 said:

AFC will be wide open, but Mahommes has supplanted Brady.