GDT 9/15/19 Week 2: 1-0 Baltimore Ravens vs 0-1 Arizona Cardinals

DreamKid

2 minutes ago, Danand said:

Pew, the Cardinals played a great game. I feel we made it too difficult for ourselves, especially with penalties, but no reason to take anything away from Arizona

Yea, weird. It wasn't one of those games where either side of the ball should feel bad about the win at all. Thought they both played pretty well, but the Cardinals kept it a game. Good to get some competitive action after that Dolphins walk-through. 

The defense for sure, needs to get used to being challenged for next week.

20 hours ago, DreamKid said:

That said, I do think this game will be way more competitive than last week's- obviously. I see the Cardinals popping larger plays now and then, and putting together maybe 3-4 solid drives. A 31-16 W for us feels like a good guess.

My prediction wasn't far off. If we executed better we easily go over 30. Knew this one would be tougher and it was. Somewhat frustrating, but the team needed a game like this to get ready for the big dogs. We need to get back into the lab, clean things up, and then come out next week to claim the W in Arrowhead we should've had last year.

1 minute ago, SilverNBlackFan said:

Followed the game from boxscore. Is Kyler Murray legit?

I would say its close. The Ravens had two really big blunders that game him 100 yards on very easy throws, and he had 4-5 throws he just threw up in the air hoping his receiver would come down with it. Today it was 5 for 5 completions, but it could easily have been a couple of interceptions as well.

• Like 1

Good victory but obviously with some concerns, such as penalties on offense and slobby coverage on defense from mostly Jefferson and Averret.

Kyler is elusive but it is obvious that he is not really a runner. Doesn’t enjoy contact. The fact that Cardinals played lots of 4 WR set resulted in Pees not being able to create pressure through exotic blitzes.  

12 minutes ago, SilverNBlackFan said:

Followed the game from boxscore. Is Kyler Murray legit?

We blew coverages all day. I really don't think he made that many impressive throws, and he threw it RIGHT AT guys multiple times but our DB's just didn't turn their heads. Overall I wasn't that impressed. We were very sloppy today, especially in the second half.

Lamar Jackson, however, is legit.

• Like 1