Jump to content
candyman93

Sean Payton gets 5 year extension

Recommended Posts

This hurts his chances of returning to Dallas, as the rumors have suggested the last 5 years. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Matts4313 said:

This hurts his chances of returning to Dallas, as the rumors have suggested the last 5 years. 

Kellen Moore is clearly their next HC. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, SwoleXmad said:

Kellen Moore is clearly their next HC. 

Throngs of Kris Richard's fans have entered the chat.

(but this is a Saints thread, so Im going to bow out. I just wanted to make the joke about the annual rumor that he was coming back)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

So he's going to Dallas in 5 years? Got it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Damn beat me to it. I'm surprised Payton signed that long of a extension. They dont have a capable QB after Brees to win with after next year. I also don't think they can tank to get a top QB.

Edited by Classic

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, Classic said:

Damn beat me to it. I'm surprised Payton signed that long of a extension. They dont have a capable QB after Brees to win with after next year. I also don't think they can tank to get a top QB.

Saints are a deep team and a young team. I think knowing all you need is a decent QB to remain competitive would be pretty enticing. You don’t need a Top 10 pick to get a QB

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, Dome said:

Saints are a deep team and a young team. I think knowing all you need is a decent QB to remain competitive would be pretty enticing. You don’t need a Top 10 pick to get a QB

Bridgewater and Hill are not decent as passers. The Saints can't rely on those guys after Brees and will be taking a QB after Brees leaves.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
23 minutes ago, Classic said:

Damn beat me to it. I'm surprised Payton signed that long of a extension. They dont have a capable QB after Brees to win with after next year. I also don't think they can tank to get a top QB.

Or maybe... Taysom Hill is a QB?!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
29 minutes ago, Classic said:

Bridgewater and Hill are not decent as passers. The Saints can't rely on those guys after Brees and will be taking a QB after Brees leaves.

That’s not what I’m saying. 

When I say they’ll need to get a decent QB, I’m talking about someone who isn’t on the roster already.

Edited by Dome

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, Dome said:

That’s not what I’m saying. 

When I say they’ll need to get a decent QB, I’m talking about someone who isn’t on the roster already.

My hope is that if Brees retires after this year and the Raiders stupidly move on from Carr that the Saints pick him up.  He's much better than most give him credit for and with a change of scenery he might fulfill the flashes of a MVP caliber QB that he showed prior to injury.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, sammymvpknight said:

Id be shocked if Brees didn’t just tear his UCL...probably out for season. 

Which means he's probably done.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, Jlowe22 said:

Which means he's probably done.

I don’t think that Brees would go out like that. Huge blow though. What a game for the Saints. They get screwed by the refs for the third straight game...then Brees is probably lost for the season. I have a feeling that lots of Saints fans are just going to become indifferent.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, sammymvpknight said:

I don’t think that Brees would go out like that. Huge blow though. What a game for the Saints. They get screwed by the refs for the third straight game...then Brees is probably lost for the season. I have a feeling that lots of Saints fans are just going to become indifferent.  

I don't think he would want to, but can a 41 year old QB come back from a serious hand injury and play QB at a high level?  I'd have to see it to believe it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now



×