2020 Draft thread

lavar703

I agree Rivera will probably take Chase Young. I won't be upset if that happens either. 

What I don't understand is how some of you are completely content with taking one player when we could get three. You'll list out numerous positions of need and DE won't be one of them. It's pro football, injuries happen all the time, our team lacks talent at numerous positions, and lacks depth at numerous positions. 

I know free agency helps with some of that. But with the Skins sitting as a perennial loser, I'd rather be drafting 10 players each year, finding the good ones, and build from within. 

10 minutes ago, Skinsin2013 said:

I agree Rivera will probably take Chase Young. I won't be upset if that happens either. 

What I don't understand is how some of you are completely content with taking one player when we could get three. You'll list out numerous positions of need and DE won't be one of them. It's pro football, injuries happen all the time, our team lacks talent at numerous positions, and lacks depth at numerous positions. 

I know free agency helps with some of that. But with the Skins sitting as a perennial loser, I'd rather be drafting 10 players each year, finding the good ones, and build from within. 

The thing is, if Chase Young hits his potential a guy like him will never be available in FA, or hopefully available to us in the draft again (because we'll be picking too late).  We're here at 2, take the superstar guy and figure out the rest later. 

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, Skinsin2013 said:

If the offer is big enough, I would be willing to pass on Chase Young.  But it would have to be pretty darn big and I would also want the picks this year. 

Not many teams have the juice.  The only thing that comes to mind is all three of Miami's 1st round picks.  Who would be willing to make that trade?

Edited by offbyone

22 minutes ago, MKnight82 said:

The thing is, if Chase Young hits his potential a guy like him will never be available in FA, or hopefully available to us in the draft again (because we'll be picking too late).  We're here at 2, take the superstar guy and figure out the rest later. 

Also if we take Young we have one of the deepest front 4’s since the Giants were beating everyone up in our devision

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, Skinsin2013 said:

The reasoning works like this: is it better to have three good players instead of one all world player?

Of course the counter argument is: is it better to have one ticket at a shot at a good player or three?

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Woz said:

The reasoning works like this: is it better to have three good players instead of one all world player?

Of course the counter argument is: is it better to have one ticket at a shot at a good player or three?

I would argue the Redskins already have a lot of good players.  We don't have any all world players.  

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, MKnight82 said:

I would argue the Redskins already have a lot of good players.  We don't have any all world players.  

That’s where I’m at. We have a lot of good young talent, but only a few difference makers on the entire roster and no game wreckers/big time game changers. As you said, Chase Young’s don’t come along very often. If you have a chance to draft them, you don’t pass on them.

Edited by turtle28
  • Like 1

9 minutes ago, offbyone said:

If the offer is big enough, I would be willing to pass on Chase Young.  But it would have to be pretty darn big and I would also want the picks this year. 

Not many teams have the juice.  The only thing that comes to mind is all three of Miami's 1st round picks.  Who would be willing to make that trade?

I don’t think this is the year I want multiple 1st round picks. It’s not loaded with talent like last years class IMO. But Chase Young would have been the best player in last years class as deep as that class was we have gotten lucky for our struggle so let’s not over think this. We can pick up multiple picks next year moving back. I don’t think this is the year to get cute. There are good CB’s. There are a lot of pass catchers. But last year there were 3rd round picks that I think this year could be high second round picks. Last year had soo many defensive players all around. This year there seems to be your top end is high. A few deep positions then a lot of development types. 

1 minute ago, ripsean21 said:

I don’t think this is the year I want multiple 1st round picks. It’s not loaded with talent like last years class IMO. But Chase Young would have been the best player in last years class as deep as that class was we have gotten lucky for our struggle so let’s not over think this. We can pick up multiple picks next year moving back. I don’t think this is the year to get cute. There are good CB’s. There are a lot of pass catchers. But last year there were 3rd round picks that I think this year could be high second round picks. Last year had soo many defensive players all around. This year there seems to be your top end is high. A few deep positions then a lot of development types. 

Let’s be clear, Chase Young would be the best prospect in almost every draft I can ever think of. People just need to understand that.

1 minute ago, turtle28 said:

He actually has the potential to be better than Von bc Young is bigger and stronger than Miller.

He is I just don’t have a better edge grade going back to Von. I had Von ranked super high his first step was the quickest I had ever seen. Chase is there

1 minute ago, ripsean21 said:

He is I just don’t have a better edge grade going back to Von. I had Von ranked super high his first step was the quickest I had ever seen. Chase is there

That’s right and both of them have multiple pas rushing moves and the athletic ability/quick twitch to make quick changes of directions. They both just have stuff you can’t teach.

• Like 1