2020 Draft thread

lavar703

1 hour ago, PARROTHEAD said:

You just dont get Burrows potential. His ceiling is Tom Brady! He can fling it all over against all the 4-5 star CBs of the SECW. Blah Blah Blah.

Thats how you sound to me with hyping your OSU boy so hard.

If you cant promise Deacon Jones numbers over the rest of the league. Then hes not worth trying to find up around 3 probowlers to me. Peppers never won a Super Bowl, Deacon Jones never won one. Like I said. When guys like LT, or Reggie White, Singletary, Ray Lewis or any of the defensive greats won one. They had a cast of talent. Cast of talent win Super Bowls. And I prefer a team built and winning over just settling for selling #2 jerseys.

This is an absurd line of thinking. If that’s the case then you should simply never draft elite prospects and simply sell them off for more picks. I mean, why take an elite receiver? Randy Moss never won a super bowl. Why draft elite RBs? AP and Barry never won one. You can do that with literally every position. Hell, Marino is arguably the greatest ever and never won one so you should trade off the chance at an elite level QB? 

We’ve tried trading back and filling the roster with “good” players but we always end up missing that next level player that truly changes a game. This is our opportunity to swing for the fences. We finally sucked bad enough to have a shot at the best player in the draft. I’m not giving that away for the same level of players we’ve been drafting for the last 10+ years. Sorry. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, ARTMONK HOF said:

Throwing this out there. Just a different take of us trading down. The way RR is making all the these changes/hires and comments he’s made, you think it’s possible he might want to see if we could trade with the Bengals for the 1st pick. 

I guess you mean to draft Burrow ? THAT would be a shock but never say never .

17 minutes ago, ARTMONK HOF said:

Throwing this out there. Just a different take of us trading down. The way RR is making all the these changes/hires and comments he’s made, you think it’s possible he might want to see if we could trade with the Bengals for the 1st pick. 

I don't see it

54 minutes ago, lavar703 said:

This is an absurd line of thinking. If that’s the case then you should simply never draft elite prospects and simply sell them off for more picks. I mean, why take an elite receiver? Randy Moss never won a super bowl. Why draft elite RBs? AP and Barry never won one. You can do that with literally every position. Hell, Marino is arguably the greatest ever and never won one so you should trade off the chance at an elite level QB? 

We’ve tried trading back and filling the roster with “good” players but we always end up missing that next level player that truly changes a game. This is our opportunity to swing for the fences. We finally sucked bad enough to have a shot at the best player in the draft. I’m not giving that away for the same level of players we’ve been drafting for the last 10+ years. Sorry. 

Want absurd? Its thinking a team picking 2nd. Meaning the 2nd worst team in the league. Is simply one player away.

We need players. We need pro bowl talent. And if were picking 4 times in the 1st the next 2 years. That doubles the talent level we could have gotten.

Next 2 years we have 3 total picks in the first 2 rounds. And we have a chance to double that. Gather top 2 talent coming out the draft at different positions and build a complete team. Not just grab one player that can sell a lot of jerseys while staying mediocre. Cause thats all hes going to be, our top jersey seller. Just like JJ Watt has been for the Texans.

25 minutes ago, PARROTHEAD said:

Want absurd? Its thinking a team picking 2nd. Meaning the 2nd worst team in the league. Is simply one player away.

We need players. We need pro bowl talent. And if were picking 4 times in the 1st the next 2 years. That doubles the talent level we could have gotten.

Next 2 years we have 3 total picks in the first 2 rounds. And we have a chance to double that. Gather top 2 talent coming out the draft at different positions and build a complete team. Not just grab one player that can sell a lot of jerseys while staying mediocre. Cause thats all hes going to be, our top jersey seller. Just like JJ Watt has been for the Texans.

Who said we’re one player away? You act like drafting Young somehow stops us from picking other good players. 

• Like 2

Lawrence is the best QB. Haskins is a question mark, just as Burrows is like Haskins last year- a one year wonder. I like the idea of a trade up because I believe Lawrence will  go into the supplemental draft as part of expiring CBA. Unique set of circumstances.  If we have pick 1, we get Young and then we have the option to draft Lawrence and then trade either him or Haskins. 

Edited by Doc Draper

17 minutes ago, Doc Draper said:

Lawrence is the best QB. Haskins is a question mark, just as Burrows is like Haskins last year- a one year wonder. I like the idea of a trade up because I believe Lawrence will  go into the supplemental draft as part of expiring CBA. Unique set of circumstances.  If we have pick 1, we get Young and then we have the option to draft Lawrence and then trade either him or Haskins. 

Lawrence has to play one more year, he can’t enter the supplemental draft.

take young. we havent had a great defensive player in a while. everyone says trade down but hey we have a ton of cap space to sign players and theres always next years draft. being able to pick the best pass rusher dont happen every year.

• Like 3

4 hours ago, turtle28 said:

Lawrence has to play one more year, he can’t enter the supplemental draft.

Exactly. And if we do poorly next year and Haskins does not improve, then we will be top 10 or top 5 pick again, and might be able to get him (if Top 5).

• Like 2

58 minutes ago, turtle28 said:

Hes my favorite "talent to be developed" in this draft. I wish we had a 2nd to use on him. So hoping hes around in the 3rd for us to hopefully take a shot on.

Couple years developing on a roster. I think he can have pro bowl RT or Guard potential.

Edited by PARROTHEAD
  • Like 3