2020 Draft thread

lavar703

16 minutes ago, RSkinGM said:

How damn sad is it --that we ( you guys ) are discussing the 2020 Draft in mid September 2019 . 

It's come to this .. :(

Nothing really sad about it bro. This is what I expected for this season. We all know what is coming at the end of this season. The only thing we don’t know is if Bruce is out the door with the rest of them. 

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, RSkinGM said:

How damn sad is it --that we ( you guys ) are discussing the 2020 Draft in mid September 2019 . 

I've got no illusions nor have I had illusions of what we are coming into the season quite honestly. I don't think it's sad in the least.

1 hour ago, RSkinGM said:

Well, the draft is (primarily) what this board was originally created for many years ago, so I think folks who are naturally inclined towards draft talk tend to find their way here and stay. I’d be talking about the draft whether the Redskins were expected to win 3 games or 13. 

But yes, I understand very much what you’re saying. I still think there’s a lot to be interested in on the current roster, but the wins and losses probably won’t add up to much satisfaction — other than that draft pick of course. 

1 hour ago, JoshstraDaymus said:

If Jeudy is there when we pick, there's no way I could give it up.

2 hours ago, lavar703 said:

It would be extremely hard for me to trade down if Jeudy, Delpit and Young are available. 

Here’s the scenario. We’re sitting at #2. Everyone knows the Dolphins are taking Tua first overall. The draft starts with us. 

Justin Herbert has had a good draft process following an excellent senior season. Oregon got blasted in the Rose Bowl, but he picked up a Pac-12 championship and a seat at the Heisman (finished 4th). He measured in at 6’5.5 and ran a nice 40 time at his pro day. Reports are that teams were impressed with his mature, professional approach in interviews and *GET THIS* observers reported that he only missed about three throws in his passing workout at his Pro Day (with a couple drops by his receivers of course). He’s become the clear #2 QB and a genuine franchise QB prospect. Jason La Canfora has even reported that the Redskins are “seriously considering” taking him and giving Haskins the Josh Rosen treatment. 

About a week before the draft, a call comes in from the 813 area code. It’s Jason Licht, general manager of the Tampa Bay Buccaneers, who is feeling a little heat after his team had another disappointing season. They’ve finally cut ties with Jameis Winston, and they made some big FA splurges on the defensive side of the ball (raiding the AFC South to bring in Yannick Ngakoue and Kevin Byard). Currently, they’re headed into the season with former Redskins starter Case Keenum as their top QB. They own pick #8 in the draft.

GM Licht tells you that some in his organization think they should trade back and take the very polished Jake Fromm from Georgia. But Bruce Arians really likes Herbert, reminds him of Jared Goff, and so he’s trying to make that happen for Coach. He thinks they’re pretty close to breaking through, especially with the two new standouts on defense, so he’s prepared to make a strong offer. You hash it out for a while, and the final offer ends up here:

🔺 2020 1st Round pick (#8)

🔺 2020 2nd Round pick (#43)

🔺 2021 1st Round pick

🔺 2021 3rd Round pick

What do you do? Go. 

7 minutes ago, e16bball said:

Here’s the scenario. We’re sitting at #2. Everyone knows the Dolphins are taking Tua first overall. The draft starts with us. 

Justin Herbert has had a good draft process following an excellent senior season. Oregon got blasted in the Rose Bowl, but he picked up a Pac-12 championship and a seat at the Heisman (finished 4th). He measured in at 6’5.5 and ran a nice 40 time at his pro day. Reports are that teams were impressed with his mature, professional approach in interviews and *GET THIS* observers reported that he only missed about three throws in his passing workout at his Pro Day (with a couple drops by his receivers of course). He’s become the clear #2 QB and a genuine franchise QB prospect. Jason La Canfora has even reported that the Redskins are “seriously considering” taking him and giving Haskins the Josh Rosen treatment. 

About a week before the draft, a call comes in from the 813 area code. It’s Jason Licht, general manager of the Tampa Bay Buccaneers, who is feeling a little heat after his team had another disappointing season. They’ve finally cut ties with Jameis Winston, and they made some big FA splurges on the defensive side of the ball (raiding the AFC South to bring in Yannick Ngakoue and Kevin Byard). Currently, they’re headed into the season with former Redskins starter Case Keenum as their top QB. They own pick #8 in the draft.

GM Licht tells you that some in his organization think they should trade back and take the very polished Jake Fromm from Georgia. But Bruce Arians really likes Herbert, reminds him of Jared Goff, and so he’s trying to make that happen for Coach. He thinks they’re pretty close to breaking through, especially with the two new standouts on defense, so he’s prepared to make a strong offer. You hash it out for a while, and the final offer ends up here:

🔺 2021 1st Round pick

🔺 2021 3rd Round pick

What do you do? Go. 

Okay so let me state by first saying, I don't think we are picking at Number 2. I really don't. That said, in this very specific scenario, should it occur, I would be inclined to take the deal.

29 minutes ago, JoshstraDaymus said:

Okay so let me state by first saying, I don't think we are picking at Number 2. I really don't.

I really don’t either. But some do — and honestly, aside from Miami, I’m not sure how many teams I can look at around the league and say “I’m very confident the Redskins will have a better record than them.”

I also think a trade up for a QB is basically the only realistic scenario where trading out of a Jeudy pick would make sense for us, so it had to be something a little extreme to put the thinker to the test. 

44 minutes ago, e16bball said:

🔺 2021 1st Round pick

🔺 2021 3rd Round pick

What do you do? Go. 

Something like this would be franchise changing for most clubs so you’d absolutely have to consider it and most likely take it. It’s really a catch-22 because you would most likely be passing on Delpit, Jeudy, Walker, Young etc. This may sound crazy but I’d want them to throw in their 2022 first as well. 

3 minutes ago, lavar703 said:

Something like this would be franchise changing for most clubs so you’d absolutely have to consider it and most likely take it. It’s really a catch-22 because you would most likely be passing on Delpit, Jeudy, Walker, Young etc. This may sound crazy but I’d want them to throw in their 2022 first as well. 

You can still get Xavier McKinney, CJ Henderson, Jeff Okudah, Bryce Hall, Calvin Throkmorton, Tristan Wirfs, Travis Etienne. 

Not bad. 

5 minutes ago, ARTMONK HOF said:

You can still get Xavier McKinney, CJ Henderson, Jeff Okudah, Bryce Hall, Calvin Throkmorton, Tristan Wirfs, Travis Etienne. 

Not bad. 

I would most likely go with Trayvon Diggs. And I meant Thomas. I have no idea why I keep putting Walker lmao