A.M- Life After Marcus Watch (options?)

KingTitan

13 minutes ago, deeluxx3 said:

I don’t see Fromm having much success in the NFL. Seems like he’s a bit tapped out on his potential and athleticism 

I would hate the pick. I’d root for him, obviously, but would hate the pick

Honestly that’s why I wanted UGA to let Fields take over. Like Dabo did with Lawrence over Kelly Bryant. Felt like Fromms limit was the SEC championship, doesn’t have that star factor for the big game. 

man....watching some clips of mariota from 2017, which was statistically his worst year, and just eye test wise he looks a million times better than the player we saw this year. i really feel like there's gotta be some injury stuff we don't know about because his velocity, accuracy, and even just willingness to throw balls into coverage are just night and day.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, deeluxx3 said:

I don’t see Fromm having much success in the NFL. Seems like he’s a bit tapped out on his potential and athleticism 

I would hate the pick. I’d root for him, obviously, but would hate the pick

I like the tools that he has, and I think like a lot of these QBs his success is dependent on the team that he goes to. If we keep Henry, obviously get a new OC, and the defense keeps up their standard of play I feel like we'd be a spot where he could succeed. I get what you're saying though, and like I said earlier I go back and forth on him. There's nothing about him that has ever wowed me as a prospect, and that scares me, but I do see the tools for him to be a successful game manager at least. Though this entire QB class is so underwhelming to me that I'd almost rather wait another year on drafting a QB rather than force a QB pick in the first just because we feel like we have to. Especially if we end up with year 3 of Vrabel I'd rather just resign Tanny or another FA bridge QB and go from there. 

1 hour ago, 615finest said:

Any of you guys paid attention to  Jamie Newman from Wake Forest? Seems like he has a lot of tools from the tape I have seen on him 

https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/draft/news/why-the-2020-nfl-drafts-best-kept-quarterback-secret-has-first-round-potential/ 

Yeah, I've taken a look at him.

I've glanced at pretty much all the draft eligible QBs a little on youtube. 

I do like what I see. But he is only a JR and I don't know if he has enough hype or buzz to try to leave early.  
Could be one of those, leave next year guys to maximize his draft status. 

If he came out now, I think he could be an 3rd rounder. He can't go to Senior Bowl and he'd have to have a tremendous draft season to work up I think.

I like him though.

4 minutes ago, KingTitan said:

Yeah, I've taken a look at him.

I've glanced at pretty much all the draft eligible QBs a little on youtube. 

I do like what I see. But he is only a JR and I don't know if he has enough hype or buzz to try to leave early.  
Could be one of those, leave next year guys to maximize his draft status. 

If he came out now, I think he could be an 3rd rounder. He can't go to Senior Bowl and he'd have to have a tremendous draft season to work up I think.

I like him though.

Yea I’ve liked what I have seen so far. I thought redshirt juniors could get invited to the Senior Bowl

6 minutes ago, 615finest said:

Yea I’ve liked what I have seen so far. I thought redshirt juniors could get invited to the Senior Bowl

Oh, he is a redshirt junior!?  Sweet. Didn't know that. Yeah he could get an invite.

He gives a more mobile Brissett feel to me. 

Well, I'm on the train to get him if he comes out.  He'd be one of my favorites. I didn't give him much attention because I figured he was a year away.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, KingTitan said:

Oh, he is a redshirt junior!?  Sweet. Didn't know that. Yeah he could get an invite.

He gives a more mobile Brissett feel to me. 

Well, I'm on the train to get him if he comes out.  He'd be one of my favorites. I didn't give him much attention because I figured he was a year away.

Yea he’s a redshirt junior. Brissett is the exact vibe I got from watching him too. I’d be on board with him as well.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, -Hope- said:

man....watching some clips of mariota from 2017, which was statistically his worst year, and just eye test wise he looks a million times better than the player we saw this year. i really feel like there's gotta be some injury stuff we don't know about because his velocity, accuracy, and even just willingness to throw balls into coverage are just night and day.

I wonder if he's ever fully recovered from that nerve issue.