Steelers QB Ben Roethlisberger done for season

AFlaccoSeagulls

9 minutes ago, RuskieTitan said:

I mean I think he gets a lot of hate, but are you really trying to claim Tomlin could remotely challenge for the second best HC title?

Remotely challenge? Absolutely.

Do I have a problem if someone ranks him in the 3-6 range? Nah, I think there are a few interchangeable coaches in that spot.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, AFlaccoSeagulls said:

What is the argument for Tomlin being even inside of the top 4 or 5?

#2 in win % among active coaches? 8th among active coaches with a winning playoff recordĀ (despite a much larger sample size than several above him)? Oh and he has a SB (and been to another).

I mean, the guy has literally never had a losing season.

• Like 5

9 minutes ago, EL Guapo said:

Ben says he's determined to come back. It could be an interesting draft for them with a higher pick. Will they make power moves for a qb while in a better positionĀ 

Of course he wants to come back, how much money is on the line if he doesn't with his new extension? Problem is the Steelers are screwed through 2020 regardless!

https://thebiglead.com/2019/09/16/ben-roethlisberger-contract-injury-steelers/

Edited by Nabbs4u

57 minutes ago, Nabbs4u said:

What's even more scary is the fact they just traded Josh Dobbs and are 1 snap away from UDFAĀ QB Devlin Hodges from Samford playing!!!Ā šŸ¤ÆšŸ¤Æ

Dobbs sucked for us.Ā  Hodges outplayed him in the preseason.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, AFlaccoSeagulls said:

What is the argument for Tomlin being even inside of the top 4 or 5?

Because after Belichick, every coach has extreme flaws that have held their team back at some point.Ā  Not saying he is top 5, and I dont think he is, but alot of 2 through 9 are interchangeable.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, FourThreeMafia said:
1 hour ago, Nabbs4u said:

What's even more scary is the fact they just traded Josh Dobbs and are 1 snap away from UDFAĀ QB Devlin Hodges from Samford playing!!!Ā šŸ¤ÆšŸ¤Æ

Dobbs sucked for us.Ā  Hodges outplayed him in the preseason.

Ahhhh, Preseason games. Where HOF are made!I I never suggested Dobbs was some sort of savior but he is a Veteran, with experience,Ā  and knows the system/players.

You'd really rather have a UDFA QB no one wanted because he looked slightly worst (yardage) then future HOF Daniel Jones in the Pre-season? Ok.

1 hour ago, Nabbs4u said:

Ahhhh, Preseason games. Where HOF are made!I I never suggested Dobbs was some sort of savior but he is a Veteran, with experience,Ā  and knows the system/players.

You'd really rather have a UDFA QB no one wanted because he looked slightly worst (yardage) then future HOF Daniel Jones in the Pre-season? Ok.

Yes, because that's obviously what I meant.

All I said is Dobbs sucks and Hodges played better in preseason.Ā  It was factual statement. I dont care if Dobbs knows the system, he wasnt that good within it.Ā  Will we be in biggee trouble if Rudolph goes down...yes, but all teams would be in trouble after losing their top 2 QBs.

Daniel Jones?

Ā 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, ITS_RAMMY_PLAYBOI said:

He kinda does imo. Heā€™s the most lack

luster tenured coach Iā€™ve ever seen. Hes not a top tier coach. Hard not to win with guys like Big Ben, Bell, AB and that godly defense he had for years. I also despise him for covering for AB! When a real man wonā€™t put up with that sort of behavior but he was more scared about losing his job then losing respect. (Itā€™s how I look at it. Steeler fans can claim all they want). But he hasnā€™t won a championship since all of CowherĀ guys have left his roster. And thatā€™s the bottom line brother.Ā 

Ā 

7 hours ago, ramssuperbowl99 said:

How to keep your job way too long in the NFL:

Year 1: Have the franchise QB get injured
Year 2: Just be bad, but make it clear that you're drafting the replacement
Year 3: You can't fire me now, I just drafted the franchise QB
Year 4: Have the franchise QB get injured

Jeff Fisher has perfected that cycle. Tomlin is starting it now.

I mean sure, you could blatantly ignore that Tomlin has the second-best win percentage among all active coaches (minimum two seasons) while Fisher is one loss away from being the losingest coach of all time (nearly twice the losses Tomlin has), and that Tomlin has never had a losing season while Fisher has more losing seasons than winning seasons, and that Tomlin has a ring and a winning record in the playoffs while Fisher doesn't have a ring and a losing recording the playoffs.

Fisher sucked, plain and simple. At most, Tomlin has simply overstayed his welcome.

• Like 2