Steelers QB Ben Roethlisberger done for season

AFlaccoSeagulls

4 hours ago, Soggust said:

5 Years after Reid (I'm assuming you aren't talking about Kelly, who clearly doesn't have a resume comparable to Tomlin).

Obviously, you can change a coach and win a super bowl and I get your logic generally, but to me it's like saying "Well, Aaron Rodgers hasn't won a super bowl in a while so we should move on from him just to switch things up". 

Tomlin is arguably a top 2-6 HC in the league, I'm not sure you do much better by picking up someone off the street. For every Pederson, McVay or Harbaugh there are a bunch of Hue Jacksons, Steve Spagnuolos, Gus Bradleys, etc.

I feel like Pederson is generally more of the exception than the rule when hiring a new HC.

I'm just talking about coaches. 

27 minutes ago, TheKillerNacho said:

I mean sure, you could blatantly ignore that Tomlin has the second-best win percentage among all active coaches (minimum two seasons) while Fisher is one loss away from being the losingest coach of all time (nearly twice the losses Tomlin has), and that Tomlin has never had a losing season while Fisher has more losing seasons than winning seasons, and that Tomlin has a ring and a winning record in the playoffs while Fisher doesn't have a ring and a losing recording the playoffs.

Fisher sucked, plain and simple. At most, Tomlin has simply overstayed his welcome.

If Tomlin goes to Mia next year do you think he turns that program over like what mcvay, Pederson and Pete Carrol did/are doing? 

Answer that. No way in hell is he a top 2-5 coach. What is he going to built the perfect defense? He’s never done so in Pitt. For someone whose touted as a defensive genius they’ve been pretty cheeks there. 

2 minutes ago, ITS_RAMMY_PLAYBOI said:

If Tomlin goes to Mia next year do you think he turns that program over like what mcvay, Pederson and Pete Carrol did/are doing? 

Answer that. No way in hell is he a top 2-5 coach. What is he going to built the perfect defense? He’s never done so in Pitt. For someone whose touted as a defensive genius they’ve been pretty cheeks 

I don't know.  Certainly,  those three are looking great right now but none have Tomlin's consistency. We've seen many coaches over the years start hot only to see the team decline thereafter. 

Even if he's no mcvay, Pederson, or Carroll, he's also no Fisher lol

2 minutes ago, TheKillerNacho said:

I don't know.  Certainly,  those three are looking great right now but none have Tomlin's consistency. We've seen many coaches over the years start hot only to see the team decline thereafter. 

Even if he's no mcvay, Pederson, or Carroll, he's also no Fisher lol

Would like to see him win games with him being the foundation starter! Rather than the beneficiary. Is all I’m saying. You’re hanging onto his win% while he’s been enjoying the fruits of others labor. Hey if I’m looking to hire a anti TMZ guy he’s my number 1. He’ll cover up more stuff than the government. 

Sorry @BlaqOptic I really like you. But I’m just on that ewww Tomlin bandwagon. 

4 minutes ago, ITS_RAMMY_PLAYBOI said:

Answer that. No way in hell is he a top 2-5 coach. What is he going to built the perfect defense? He’s never done so in Pitt. For someone whose touted as a defensive genius they’ve been pretty cheeks there. 

I would argue he has just as good of a shot as any other coach considering his track record. If you want to say he inherited a decent team in Pitt, sure, but he's also been there like what, 12 years? And never had a losing record? Clearly, he's been successful with teams he has built.

And Pederson and Carroll didn't exactly inherit bum franchises. Seattle had two down years (3rd place in NFCW both years) after taking the NFCW 4 straight years including a SB appearance. Philadelphia was a year removed from back to back 10 win seasons (and won 7 in their 'down' year). I will give you McVay, but he's an excellent coach and again, the exception to the rule. The argument for Tomlin over him is the SB win and longevity considering McVay has a small sample size, but he looks to be on track for sure. Again, if you take McVay #2, I have no issue with that, but to act like it's ridiculous to think Tomlin is in the discussion because he hasn't built a perfect defense is ridiculous. We are judging him as a HC, not a DC and he has been beyond successful compared to most. 

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, August4th said:

the 5 minutes we thought AB was going to the bills was the only time I found the AB situation funny

So now you’re claiming you weren’t laughing at the whole AB situation in Oakland as it unfolded when you couldn’t shut up about how much they were having to put up with over there and that’s why he was “so cheap”?  You’re embarrassing yourself if you expect me to believe that crap

1 minute ago, Soggust said:

I would argue he has just as good of a shot as any other coach considering his track record. If you want to say he inherited a decent team in Pitt, sure, but he's also been there like what, 12 years? And never had a losing record? Clearly, he's been successful with teams he has built.

And Pederson and Carroll didn't exactly inherit bum franchises. Seattle had two down years (3rd place in NFCW both years) after taking the NFCW 4 straight years including a SB appearance. Philadelphia was a year removed from back to back 10 win seasons (and won 7 in their 'down' year). I will give you McVay, but he's an excellent coach and again, the exception to the rule. The argument for Tomlin over him is the SB win and longevity considering McVay has a small sample size, but he looks to be on track for sure. Again, if you take McVay #2, I have no issue with that, but to act like it's ridiculous to think Tomlin is in the discussion because he hasn't built a perfect defense is ridiculous. We are judging him as a HC, not a DC and he has been beyond successful compared to most. 

Franchise QB. And a meh division for those 12 years what’s not to like though? 

Cincy lol? 

Browns? Double lol.

Ravens had their time but it was with Flacco. 

Road ads doesn’t get much easier if you ask me. Big Ben was a cheat code for that division. McCarthy status he even won a SB in GB and look at him go. 

15 minutes ago, ITS_RAMMY_PLAYBOI said:

You seem to be unaware of his impact on the 2008 and 2010 Steelers Defense which are two of our best ever...

5 minutes ago, BlaqOptic said:

You seem to be unaware of his impact on the 2008 and 2010 Steelers Defense which are two of our best ever...

2 years out of 12. Nice what’s the word consistency. Without looking or caring was Troy there? 

Edited by ITS_RAMMY_PLAYBOI

1 minute ago, ITS_RAMMY_PLAYBOI said:

2 years out of 12. Nice what’s the word consistency. Without looking or caring was Troy there? 

So 2007-2012 didn't exist? You're penalizing him for a lack of talent on the defense based on what his GM selects? Seattle is about to trend out of the top 10 Ds for a 3rd straight year. Does Carroll get bashed for that for no longer being elite once the talent goes and they have to draft at the back end every year?!

Just now, BlaqOptic said:

So 2007-2012 didn't exist? You're penalizing him for a lack of talent on the defense based on what his GM selects? Seattle is about to trend out of the top 10 Ds for a 3rd straight year. Does Carroll get bashed for that for no longer being elite once the talent goes and they have to draft at the back end every year?!

Pete’s 4-5 years were extremely elite though in a era were passing stats were king. The picks he hit on were just next level. He drafted HOF Talent in Sherman, Kam, Wagner and Wilson. 2 Super Bowls one win and should have been 2? Hand picked players not players he received from who? Jim Mora lol.