1. 1. Yes or No

• Yes he will
    • No not a first rounder

16 hours ago, RuskieTitan said:

My favorite infographic from the semifinal game was when they showed:

Jalen Hurts Completions: 5

Joe Burrow Touchdowns: 7

That was amazing.

It really is amazing how good a QB can look when he is surrounded by all-Americans and future 1st round draft picks.

11 minutes ago, Bullet Club said:

Yeah, shame Hurts didn't have that...oh wait.

Outside of CeeDee Lamb, what first round talent and/or All Pros did Hurts play with?  You've got CeeDee Lamb, and maybe Creed Humphrey.  I'm not trying to argue that Oklahoma is devoid of talent, but LSU is clearly a tier or two ahead of them.

Just now, Leader said:

Did he run for a lot of yards this year? I dont see him as a true pocket passer kind of QB?

His upside is Dak Prescott.  The kids got enough arm talent that he'll stick in the league, but that's not a starting QB.  If we're gambling on a QB, I'd rather go Eason.

4 hours ago, CWood21 said:

His upside is Dak Prescott.  The kids got enough arm talent that he'll stick in the league, but that's not a starting QB.  If we're gambling on a QB, I'd rather go Eason.

Where did this myth come from? His arm is not good. He’s wildly inconsistent. I swear y’all have never watched this dude.

22 hours ago, Danger said:

I wouldn't. I don't thinking taking Herbert in the 1st is a good idea, but using a pick in the first three rounds on Jalen Hurts is a really stupid idea.

I don't disagree.  But if a team can take Christian Ponder 12th overall, Hurts can go in the first.

12 hours ago, Oregon Ducks said:

lol we really gonna act like he has no weapons and then talk ish about Herbert? lol 

I've stated that I don't want the Chargers to draft Herbert but he's a way better prospect than Hurts.

Give me Hurts in the 2nd over Herbert in the 1st.  Herbert is awful.  Yes, he is a better prospect and will get overdrafted higher than Hurts.  But that doesn't mean either deserves to go in the first.  But both easily could.

If I was a GM, would I touch Hurts in the first?  No way.  Do I think him going in the first is a viable possibility?  Absolutely.  

12 hours ago, MookieMonstah said:

Where did this myth come from? His arm is not good. He’s wildly inconsistent. I swear y’all have never watched this dude.

The arm is exponentially better than it ever was at Alabama.  It at least looked serviceable under Lincoln Riley.  And if you believe you can make that development continue, teams are going to gamble on him.

4 hours ago, CWood21 said:

The arm is exponentially better than it ever was at Alabama.  It at least looked serviceable under Lincoln Riley.  And if you believe you can make that development continue, teams are going to gamble on him.

But it’s not. He was in a system that did a good job hiding his flaws. He’s still wildly inconsistent, especially when he’s forced to sit in the pocket.

I love the guy, how can you not. He says and does all the right things but talk of him going in the 1st was always ridiculous. He’s a 4th round talent on a good day.

7 hours ago, MookieMonstah said:

But it’s not. He was in a system that did a good job hiding his flaws. He’s still wildly inconsistent, especially when he’s forced to sit in the pocket.

I love the guy, how can you not. He says and does all the right things but talk of him going in the 1st was always ridiculous. He’s a 4th round talent on a good day.

And ironically, the same thing was said about Dak Prescott and he's carving himself out a pretty nice career and about to get himself paid.  And just like Dak Prescott, Jalen Hurts' numbers across the board were significantly better than previous years when he was at Alabama.  Personally, I don't believe that Jalen Hurts is Dak Prescott all over again, but if you're a GM and you think he's Dak Prescott, that's worth a FRP.

On 12/29/2019 at 5:51 PM, CWood21 said:

Outside of CeeDee Lamb, what first round talent and/or All Pros did Hurts play with?  You've got CeeDee Lamb, and maybe Creed Humphrey.  I'm not trying to argue that Oklahoma is devoid of talent, but LSU is clearly a tier or two ahead of them.

When did All Pro's jump into the conversation? He said All Americans and future first round picks. Oklahoma is absolutely loaded with offensive talent and he played with arguably the best WR in college football. LSU has more talent but without Burrow they wouldn't be nearly as recognized either.

25 minutes ago, Bullet Club said:

When did All Pro's jump into the conversation? He said All Americans and future first round picks. Oklahoma is absolutely loaded with offensive talent and he played with arguably the best WR in college football. LSU has more talent but without Burrow they wouldn't be nearly as recognized either.

You know what I meant.  Either way, I'd definitely argue against Oklahoma being "loaded" with offensive talent.  Their second best receiving option had to medically retire part of the way through the year.  CeeDee Lamb is the single best WR between the two, but the LSU WR corps as a whole has more impact in that 2-4 range.  Most of Oklahoma's talent at WR were true freshman.  Jadon Haselwood and Theo Wease are former 5* recruits who will likely play big roles in the future, but between the two of them they had 27 receptions combined.  Charleston Rambo likely gets a late round DP thrown his way, but Lee Morris and Nick Basquine aren't anything more than camp fodder.  LSU has a trio of highly impressive WRs with JaMarr Chase, Justin Jefferson, and Terrance Marshall.