2020 College Prospects

BroncoBruin

Just now, germ-x said:

I’ve seen them and I’m not saying they aren’t good, Taylor is my favorite, but it’s just not an area of that much concern considering all the other needs on this team.  

Running back masks a lot of holes when you're keeping the rock out if the other teams hands ala Patty Mahomes. 

You're gonna love them in a January playoff game.

3 minutes ago, BroncoBruin said:

Wouldn't even think about RB until SF's 3rd, and ideally you wait until the 5th or so. 

I'd be pissed if they go RB in Round 2, the 1st is unthinkable. It's both doing a poor job reading the board, and not attacking needs. Elite talent in the trenches and receiver would be a better use of resources. 

Elway is going to protect his investment at QB dont be surprised you'll love it next January I promise you that.

1 minute ago, thebestever6 said:

Elway is going to protect his investment at QB dont be surprised you'll love it next January I promise you that.

If you want to protect your investment at QB, you go O-Line, not the most dime-a-dozen position in the sport where you already have a good player...

• Like 1

Just now, thebestever6 said:

Running back masks a lot of holes when you're keeping the rock out if the other teams hands ala Patty Mahomes. 

You're gonna love them in a January playoff game.

We already have 2 good backs that we can’t get enough carries for, why would we want 3?  In all honesty it seems like a disaster as a GM to take a RB that early.  They’d essentially need to be the top back to even justify it and then you have Freeman or Lindsay sitting there getting a handful of touches a game.  Or you completely boggle it and your top 50 pick is getting a handful of touches a game.

I’ve read your love for Scangerello and what he brings coming from being tutored under Shanahan.  If he’s as good as you say, there is absolutely no reason to spend a 2nd round pick on a RB.  That system is most known for being able to trot out anyone and have them run for 1,000 yards.

If it's going to be Lock next year, and if one of Andrew Thomas or Tristan Wirfs are available with the Broncos' 1st, they need to take them. There will be some interesting players to consider. Derrick Brown, CeeDee Lamb, Isaiah Simmons all come to mind as guys who look like difference makers at the next level. Wirfs and Thomas to me are right there with those guys, at a position that's been of critical need for years. Disciplined move is to take one of them and forget about LT for a decade. 

There will be some 1st round talent available in the 2nd. 

Edited by BroncoBruin
  • Like 1

20 minutes ago, germ-x said:

We already have 2 good backs that we can’t get enough carries for, why would we want 3?

Too protect our franchise qb and keep our elite scat back, and bruiser healthy. 

There's filet mignon of rbs in the second round and this fan base wants a mcdouble in the 4th?

Why not settle for a TY type prospect at wr in the 3rd and keep the rest of the rb stable healthy?

I'm glad we aren't raiders fans with the Jacob's pick. A blue chip rb is just as smart as a mlb with Lock on a rookie deal.

27 minutes ago, BroncoBruin said:

If you want to protect your investment at QB, you go O-Line, not the most dime-a-dozen position in the sport where you already have a good player...

You can go line in the first trading back and still go rb in the second and line. They're not interchangeable lol. We can get the best of both worlds I trust Munchak. 

Just now, BroncoBruin said:

I'd take two receivers and two offensive linemen, and at least two defensive players before taking a RB. 

With a rookie qb or first year starter why?? There's blue chip rb talent that will fall to round two. Ala Clinton Portis, Frank Gore, Tevin Coleman. 

It gets cold in Arrowhead and Denver.

4 minutes ago, thebestever6 said:

Too protect our franchise qb and keep our elite scat back, and bruiser healthy. 

There's filet mignon of rbs in the second round and this fan base wants a mcdouble in the 4th?

Why not settle for a TY type prospect at wr in the 3rd and keep the rest of the rb stable healthy?

I'm glad we aren't raiders fans with the Jacob's pick. A blue chip rb is just as smart as a mlb with Lock on a rookie deal.

Because we have decent players at RB and replacement level talent at other spots.  

We need OL improvement(@ least in 2 spots too) or any running back sans a Barkley or Elliot won’t look any better than Lindsay or Freeman have.  And it’ll keep your boy Lock from dying next year. 

We need a secondary weapon at WR, Fant and Sutton can’t do it all

But most of all we need big improvement at ILB and DB and DL before we think RB

1 minute ago, thebestever6 said:

With a rookie qb or first year starter why?? There's blue chip rb talent that will fall to round two. Ala Clinton Portis, Frank Gore, Tevin Coleman. 

It gets cold in Arrowhead and Denver.

Because OL and WR are both far more important positions, both in a vacuum and in relation to a young QB? Because it's the easiest position in the sport to find productive players? Lot of reasons. 

1 minute ago, broncofan48 said:

We need a secondary weapon at WR, Fant and Sutton can’t do it all

Ty Hilton was a 3rd rounder, Dionte Thomas for the Steelers 3rd rounder.  With a rookie qb you protect Lock by running the football. Emmanuel Sanders 3rd rounder lol.

Lindsay is an elite scat back, Freeman is a bruiser, we need a fine glue ala the 3 rbs highest on my radar.