Jump to content
RaidersAreOne

Patriots place LT Isaiah Wynn on IR (To miss at least 8 weeks)

Recommended Posts

6 minutes ago, goldfishwars said:

Not good

It's okay. I'm sure you guys will have Trent Williams soon. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, Forge said:

It's okay. I'm sure you guys will have Trent Williams soon. 

I doubt it.

Bruce Allen is an idiot, enjoying his pissing contest vs Trent.

If we do trade Trent to Pat's, it will probably be for Antonio Brown, because Bruce Allen is an idiot.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Two major foot injuries before he could start off his career. It's not looking good for him long term...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

feels like injuries are pilling up around the league and its only been 2 weeks into the regular season

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Nex_Gen said:

Two major foot injuries before he could start off his career. It's not looking good for him long term...

turf toe is a major injury? He is only going on IR because they need the roster spot.  With two olinman down, you can keep somebody on the roster for 4 weeks and not have him play. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Too injury prone.

Edited by SBLIII

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, August4th said:

feels like injuries are pilling up around the league and its only been 2 weeks into the regular season

Love to know the Stats if someone can find them of Todays players getting injured (Soft tissue, major ,ect) first month of the season compared to those from say 25-30 years ago?

Back when players actually Practiced! Had two a days, tackling to the ground was the norm, players participated in all 4 Pre season games in some fashion or another.

Those who don't believe these current players aren't suffering the effects of doing None of that are fooling themselves IMO.

Cause and Effect!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Nabbs4u said:

Love to know the Stats if someone can find them of Todays players getting injured (Soft tissue, major ,ect) first month of the season compared to those from say 25-30 years ago?

Back when players actually Practiced! Had two a days, tackling to the ground was the norm, players participated in all 4 Pre season games in some fashion or another.

Those who don't believe these current players aren't suffering the effects of doing None of that are fooling themselves IMO.

Cause and Effect!

I’d be interested in those too. 

One thing you’d have to consider though, is that guys (and teams) back then probably didn’t report or complain about things that guys do now. Especially with something like turf toe, which is less debilitating than an injury like a torn ACL or something. I imagine sore or strained hamstrings aren’t met with the same level of care that they are today...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
28 minutes ago, Yin-Yang said:
2 hours ago, Nabbs4u said:

Love to know the Stats if someone can find them of Todays players getting injured (Soft tissue, major ,ect) first month of the season compared to those from say 25-30 years ago?

Back when players actually Practiced! Had two a days, tackling to the ground was the norm, players participated in all 4 Pre season games in some fashion or another.

Those who don't believe these current players aren't suffering the effects of doing None of that are fooling themselves IMO.

Cause and Effect!

I’d be interested in those too. 

One thing you’d have to consider though, is that guys (and teams) back then probably didn’t report or complain about things that guys do now. Especially with something like turf toe, which is less debilitating than an injury like a torn ACL or something. I imagine sore or strained hamstrings aren’t met with the same level of care that they are today...

While that could very well be true especially with advancements in Medicine , I still believe players bodies were better prepared for the Riggers of a NFL Game/Season because they actually worked their A$$es off for 2 months (Real Physical Practices) rather then playing around in shells, shorts and two hand touch for 4.

Old school players literally tackled to the ground more in 3 days worth of TC then the entirety of todays players are allowed to do in 3 months? Played almost as much in 1 Preseason game (1QT) then most Starters do through 3 games? It will be hard to convince me theres not a correlation between the two.

Edited by Nabbs4u

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Nabbs4u said:

While that could very well be true especially with advancements in Medicine , I still believe players bodies were better prepared for the Riggers of a NFL Game/Season because they actually worked their A$$es off for 2 months (Real Practices) rather then playing around in shells, shorts and two hand touch for 4.

Old school players literally tackled to the ground more in 3 days worth of TC then the entirety of todays players are allowed to do in 3 months? Played almost as much in 1 Preseason game (1QT) then most Starters do through 3 games? It will be hard to convince me theres not a correlation between the two.

Not disagreeing with you there, just my belief that even if we had those numbers - they wouldn’t be accurate. I think the old timers played through and toughed out a lot more injuries than guys do today.

You’d think an organization worth billions like the NFL would be able to do some research in this field to find the correlation/causation between more physical or frequent practices and injury.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

He's technically brilliant. An absolute anchor at like...6'2" or whatever he is.

 

But he'll be an injury-bust. He's made of cookies.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now



×