Packers IR Lane Taylor, bring back Pankey

HeresAGuy

We can afford to lose a guard. We could even lose one more with Lucas Patrick on the team. I even think we’d get by if Pankey had to play guard. 

Losing a tackle would hurt much more. The two we have are really good, so it would be tough to replace that. 

Yikes, that's terrible.  OK, not terrible.  But, I was rally hopeful the line would be healthy, and we'd have an extra quality-guy all season inside.  Now we're basically back to being one injury away at any position from needing to start a bad player.  Really disappointed to hear the injury was that bad.  Bummer.  

Jenkins played a lot in preseason. He’s a rookie... Fatigue sets in, in a long NFL season coming off the combine and then their first training camp. Those couple weeks off set him up for success in the long season ahead. Couldn’t have gone any better for Jenkins, honestly 

For those curious, Elgton Jenkins currently has a PFF grade of over 75.  Higher than Quenton Nelson's at this point last year. 

Bradbury has a PFF grade of under 60. 

This isn't to say that Jenkins will be better than Nelson or that Badbury will bust and Jenkins will be a hit.  Just a reminder that guards are one of the easiest positions in the NFL to hit on in the 2nd-7th rounds. 

This is why I got so angry with people who wanted Nelson last year.  Nelson is definitely good, but the Colts now have a guard as the foundation of their team and no franchise QB to protect. 

4 minutes ago, Outpost31 said:

For those curious, Elgton Jenkins currently has a PFF grade of over 75.  Higher than Quenton Nelson's at this point last year. 

Bradbury has a PFF grade of under 60. 

This isn't to say that Jenkins will be better than Nelson or that Badbury will bust and Jenkins will be a hit.  Just a reminder that guards are one of the easiest positions in the NFL to hit on in the 2nd-7th rounds. 

This is why I got so angry with people who wanted Nelson last year.  Nelson is definitely good, but the Colts now have a guard as the foundation of their team and no franchise QB to protect. 

That's because their franchise QB quit football in his prime. Not sure they saw that one coming when they picked Nelson.