Who do you want as HC

LoganF89

1 hour ago, Skins212689 said:

I asked who would get credit if they got 6 wins? No one seems to want to answer that question. I know they need a new culture. I don't hope or see them keeping Bill as HC even if they were to get 6 wins, but to say he doesn't deserve CREDIT for that is foolish to me. Same as saying McDaniels doesn't deserve CREDIT for taking a Tebow lead team to the playoffs and getting a win or saying It was John Fox team. 

So once again if they do end up with 6 wins would people still say this is Jay's team? 

John Fox was literally the head coach of the Broncos the year that they went to the playoffs and won a game with Tebow. That’s why he’s getting the credit.

McDaniels had been fired during the previous season, after starting 3-9. He was the Rams’ OC the year that the Broncos went to the playoffs and won a game with Tebow. That’s why he’s not getting the credit. 

• Like 2

John Fox was the HC, MY BAD. I was WRONG!!! I thought McDaniels came after Fox but it was the other way around. I still would take a look at McDaniels if it was my choice reasoning being he since than has been around Belichick and Brady. 

Other name I would be interested in is Brian DaBoll. He has been around Belichick and Nick Saban. Key factors with these candidates are they come from winning leadership. 

https://www.theringer.com/nfl/2019/10/8/20904341/washington-head-coach-byron-leftwich-mike-tomlin-dan-snyder

Edited by Skins212689

34 minutes ago, Skins212689 said:

John Fox was the HC, MY BAD. I was WRONG!!! I thought McDaniels came after Fox but it was the other way around. I still would take a look at McDaniels if it was my choice reasoning being he since than has been around Belichick and Brady. 

Other name I would be interested in is Brian DaBoll. He has been around Belichick and Nick Saban. Key factors with these candidates are they come from winning leadership. 

https://www.theringer.com/nfl/2019/10/8/20904341/washington-head-coach-byron-leftwich-mike-tomlin-dan-snyder

The prospect of Jim Harbaugh would be super interesting to me and while Jim has underperformed in some of the bigger games at U of M, I think he's a better fit for the pros. Some people are that way and I think Jim is one of them. If he loses to Ohio State again this year, they won't fire him but to save his reputation I could see him fielding interviews for pro jobs. I think the pressure of recruiting is working against Jim at Michigan and it's taking the time off of actually coaching the Xs and Os as well as working hard with the quarterbacks.

I honestly would be less than surprised if Jim got the job truth be told.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, JoshstraDaymus said:

The prospect of Jim Harbaugh would be super interesting to me and while Jim has underperformed in some of the bigger games at U of M, I think he's a better fit for the pros. Some people are that way and I think Jim is one of them. If he loses to Ohio State again this year, they won't fire him but to save his reputation I could see him fielding interviews for pro jobs. I think the pressure of recruiting is working against Jim at Michigan and it's taking the time off of actually coaching the Xs and Os as well as working hard with the quarterbacks.

I like Harbaugh as well. 

1 hour ago, JoshstraDaymus said:

I’m there with you. I think he’s a good football coach who’s game is better suited for the pros than college.

3 hours ago, JoshstraDaymus said:

You want a coach who is less prepared than Jay Gruden, and who insists on being heavily involved in running the offensive system versus being a CEO type coach?  Then I guess Harbaugh is your man.  Harbaugh would be a terrible hire right now. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, naptownskinsfan said:

You want a coach who is less prepared than Jay Gruden, and who insists on being heavily involved in running the offensive system versus being a CEO type coach?  Then I guess Harbaugh is your man.  Harbaugh would be a terrible hire right now. 

Is this related to his time at Michigan or with the 49ers? 

7 minutes ago, Skins212689 said:

Is this related to his time at Michigan or with the 49ers? 

It doesn't make a difference.  Game preparation and involvement with coaches is the same no matter the level.  The difference in coaching at the two levels is in recruiting and the limited time you have college kids on the roster before they graduate.  

I mean, now that I think about it, Harbaugh does check all of the marks for things the Redskins look for in head coaches: 

1.) Doesn't prepare well

2.) Struggles to make half-time adjustments 

3.) Can not develop a quarterback 

4.) Meddles too much in the team's offensive gameplan

5.) Can not win the big game 

6.) Can not beat the rival

Sounds like he's going to be Bruce Allen's first choice.  

15 minutes ago, naptownskinsfan said:

I mean, now that I think about it, Harbaugh does check all of the marks for things the Redskins look for in head coaches: 

1.) Doesn't prepare well

2.) Struggles to make half-time adjustments 

3.) Can not develop a quarterback 

4.) Meddles too much in the team's offensive gameplan

5.) Can not win the big game 

6.) Can not beat the rival

Sounds like he's going to be Bruce Allen's first choice.  

Yet he or the staff he had with 49ers develop Kapernick well enough to go to a Superbowl. Can we focus on him being the HC that took the 49ers to 3 consecutive playoffs appererecnce? How aren't those good things about Harbaugh? 

He took a 6-10 team to 13-3. I'm not understanding the hate. Especially coming from fans of a team like the Redskins.

Edited by Skins212689

5 minutes ago, Skins212689 said:

Yet he or the staff he had with 49ers develop Kapernick well enough to go to a Superbowl. Can we focus on him being the HC that took the 49ers to 3 consecutive playoffs appererecnce? How aren't those good things about Harbaugh? 

He took a 6-10 team to 13-3. I'm not understanding how the hate. Especially coming from fans of a team like the Redskins.

Speaking of Kaepernick, that's just about all Greg Roman.  Look at what Roman helped install last year with Lamar Jackson in Baltimore, and it got him promoted to offensive coordinator, and once again on the fast track to being a head coach.  Roman's offense excels with QBs like Kaepernick and Haskins, and he's able to coach them well.  

I'm well aware of Harbaugh taking the 49ers to three consecutive playoffs.  I'm also aware of him finishing the next season 8-8, embroiled in a power struggle and let go.  I then watched the team further crumble as Tomsula went 5-11, and the team has yet to have a winning season since. 

You want a winning culture in DC?  That's not Harbaugh.  

46 minutes ago, naptownskinsfan said:

Speaking of Kaepernick, that's just about all Greg Roman.  Look at what Roman helped install last year with Lamar Jackson in Baltimore, and it got him promoted to offensive coordinator, and once again on the fast track to being a head coach.  Roman's offense excels with QBs like Kaepernick and Haskins, and he's able to coach them well.  

I'm well aware of Harbaugh taking the 49ers to three consecutive playoffs.  I'm also aware of him finishing the next season 8-8, embroiled in a power struggle and let go.  I then watched the team further crumble as Tomsula went 5-11, and the team has yet to have a winning season since. 

You want a winning culture in DC?  That's not Harbaugh.  

Just gonna agree to disagree with you. Seems you have a personal dislike for him compared to one that make sense. Harbaugh record as a NFL Coach is 44-19-1, 5-3 in the playoffs. Better than anything this organization has had in a long time. While you wouldn't be on board with the hire, I think his record speaks for itself. He would definitely be a HUGE upgrade if given the ability to lead this team like he did in the Bay before he and upper management partied ways. 

Even if another coach was responsible for Kapernicks growth at least it's shows Jim isn't so stuck on himself not to allow other coaches to do their part in doing whats best for the TEAM. He can step aside and let positional coaches develop that position. 

Winning culture is 3 playoffs appererecnce and a trip to the SuperBowl! Probably hard for you to understand being this Franchise hasn't experienced that in over 20 years.

Really get the feeling your a Michigan fan mad about what he's done there. Even at Michigan he's turned them around. He has 3 10 wins seasons. 

Edited by Skins212689

2 minutes ago, Skins212689 said:

Just gonna agree to disagree with you. Seems you have a personal dislike for him compared to one that make sense. Harbaugh record as a NFL Coach is 44-19-1. Better than anything this organization has had in a long time. While you wouldn't be on board with the hire, I think his record speaks for itself. He would definitely be a HUGE upgrade if given the ability to lead this team like he did in the Bay before he and upper management partied ways. 

Even if another coach was responsible for Kapernicks growth at least it's shows Jim isn't so stuck on himself not to allow other coaches to do their part in doing whats best for the TEAM. He can step aside and let positional coaches develop that position. 

Winning culture is 3 playoffs appererecnce and a trip to the SuperBowl! Probably hard for you to understand being this Franchise haven't experienced that in over 20 years.

Really get the feeling your a Michigan fan mad about what he's done there. Even at Michigan he's turned them around. 

Since you enjoy stats so much, here you go: 

This is not the guy who is going to magically resurrect the Redskins and make them competitive again.  Add in that he can't develop a QB without Greg Roman, and the Redskins should stay far away.  But as I pointed out a few posts ago, he checks all of the boxes that Bruce Allen looks for, so he's probably going to be the guy.  

13 minutes ago, Skins212689 said:

Harbaugh record as a NFL Coach is 44-19-1, 5-3 in the playoffs. Better than anything this organization has had in a long time. While you wouldn't be on board with the hire, I think his record speaks for itself.

What was Mike Shanahan's record before coming here?

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, naptownskinsfan said:

Since you enjoy stats so much, here you go: 

This is not the guy who is going to magically resurrect the Redskins and make them competitive again.  Add in that he can't develop a QB without Greg Roman, and the Redskins should stay far away.  But as I pointed out a few posts ago, he checks all of the boxes that Bruce Allen looks for, so he's probably going to be the guy.  

As I pointed out your focusing more on his college stats. I'm not as concerned about that as you are. Once again in the NFL he took a 8-8 team to 13-3, 3 straight playoff appererecnce and a SuperBowl.