Who do you want as HC

LoganF89

On 10/4/2019 at 8:25 PM, aceinthehouse said:

I'm hoping we hire a young coach. I'm talking in his 30's. Early 40's max.

Not necessarily green, but someone young, who has an energy the team can feed off of.

Someone like Lincoln Riley. He's only 36 yrs old.

No. No. No. If this obtuse franchise grabs a college coach for their next HC gig, I am completely done. 

1 hour ago, MikeT14 said:

A source who knows Redskins owner Dan Snyder well and is aware of his thoughts on potential next head coaches for his team told ESPN's Ed Werder that any list of candidates would include Pittsburgh Steelers head coach Mike Tomlin, Tampa Bay Buccaneers defensive coordinator Todd Bowles and Kansas City Chiefs offensive coordinator Eric Bieniemy.

If Tomlin was let go by Pittsburgh he’d probably take a TV gig instead of coming here. Bowles? I saw him close up with the Jets, he doesn’t move the needle for me. Bieniemy will probably have better offers coming his way.

The only one of these 3 I’d sort of be excited about is Tomlin. Only because he’d come in like he’s hot 💩 and command the building. The whole Ben, AB, Bell situation? Those guys aren’t here. That’s said, like in Pittsburgh he would need a strong FO that has his back and picks players for him.
Besides, I coach my sons flag team, 6/7 year olds. When little James stopped showing up to practice because “football is hard” my “I need soldiers, not hostages” speech went over real well. We’re currently undefeated. 

1 minute ago, bigdog44 said:

If Tomlin was let go by Pittsburgh he’d probably take a TV gig instead of coming here. Bowles? I saw him close up with the Jets, he doesn’t move the needle for me. Bieniemy will probably have better offers coming his way.

The only one of these 3 I’d sort of be excited about is Tomlin. Only because he’d come in like he’s hot 💩 and command the building. The whole Ben, AB, Bell situation? Those guys aren’t here. That’s said, like in Pittsburgh he would need a strong FO that has his back and picks players for him.
Besides, I coach my sons flag team, 6/7 year olds. When little James stopped showing up to practice because “football is hard” my “I need soldiers, not hostages” speech went over real well. We’re currently undefeated. 

If anyone is familiar with Three Year Letterman on Twitter I assume this is what its like. You're a true visionary

• Like 2

1 hour ago, mike23md said:

No. No. No. If this obtuse franchise grabs a college coach for their next HC gig, I am completely done. 

I tend to agree with that policy, but Lincoln Riley might be an exception to that rule for me. He hasn’t been in college too long to adapt to the NFL game — in terms of the football strategy, of course, but also more importantly the process of coaching grown men who make more money and have more job security than you. 

What Riley has done with the offense at OU is really remarkable, losing Heisman QBs in consecutive seasons and barely missing a beat. Losing a star RB and TE (Anderson and Andrews) and barely missing a beat. Then losing a star WR and much of the the nation’s best OL, and still barely missing a beat. I thought this year was the one when they’d really start to suffer from all those personnel losses — and they’re just scoring more than ever. It’s really pretty crazy. 

There’s no chance he’d come here, unless he absolutely loves Haskins for some reason. The promise of a Haskins to McLaurin/Jeudy combo would be enticing to some, but I don’t think it would move the needle for Riley. If Kliff Kingsbury got an NFL job with his desired QB attached to it, Riley would have to be in a position to wait for just about any job he wants. 

58 minutes ago, e16bball said:

I tend to agree with that policy, but Lincoln Riley might be an exception to that rule for me. He hasn’t been in college too long to adapt to the NFL game — in terms of the football strategy, of course, but also more importantly the process of coaching grown men who make more money and have more job security than you. 

What Riley has done with the offense at OU is really remarkable, losing Heisman QBs in consecutive seasons and barely missing a beat. Losing a star RB and TE (Anderson and Andrews) and barely missing a beat. Then losing a star WR and much of the the nation’s best OL, and still barely missing a beat. I thought this year was the one when they’d really start to suffer from all those personnel losses — and they’re just scoring more than ever. It’s really pretty crazy. 

There’s no chance he’d come here, unless he absolutely loves Haskins for some reason. The promise of a Haskins to McLaurin/Jeudy combo would be enticing to some, but I don’t think it would move the needle for Riley. If Kliff Kingsbury got an NFL job with his desired QB attached to it, Riley would have to be in a position to wait for just about any job he wants. 

Still no. To me, this franchise going to the college ranks feels almost desperate and admission of defeat, which none of the front office can handle nor are willing to admit. Their nonchalant claims that they are close is unequivocal to what the on field performances show. If Bruce were fired, then yes, they could be "close" to the right direction, but still not close to anything consistent. It's exhausting to think that we are anything close to something other than the 1st pick in the draft. 

2 hours ago, bigdog44 said:

I don't see any way that Pitt fires Tomlin. Tomlin has never had a losing record in 11 years. He also remains one of the best head coaches in the NFL 11 years later. 

The only reason they have a losing record right now is bc their Hall of Fame QB tore a ligament in his elbow - and his career might be over - and his back up 2nd year Qb who got targeted by Earl Thomas yesterday on a dirty launching helmet to chin hit & he got knocked the eff out.

This is how you know Tomlin is a great HC and Pitt won't fire him, they had to put in their UDFA rookie from Samford, Delvin Hodges, and all he did was go 7/9 for 68 yards and arguably looked better than Rudolph!

The man can coach! And he demands respect and gets it from his players, even AB respected Tomlin and it seems to me AB doesn't respect anyone else.

Piggs will fly when Pitt fires Tomlin and if we are thinking of trading picks for him... Count me out on that!

Edited by turtle28

2 hours ago, JoshstraDaymus said:

If anyone is familiar with Three Year Letterman on Twitter I assume this is what its like. You're a true visionary

The best part of that account is the people in his replies that are like "did you tell them about the waterbed"

33 minutes ago, turtle28 said:

I don't see any way that Pitt fires Tomlin. Tomlin has never had a losing record in 11 years. He also remains one of the best head coaches in the NFL 11 years later. 

The only reason they have a losing record right now is bc their Hall of Fame QB tore a ligament in his elbow - and his career might be over - and his back up 2nd year Qb who got targeted by Earl Thomas yesterday on a dirty launching helmet to chin hit got knocked out.

This is how you know Tomlin is a great HC and Pitt won't fire him, they had to put in their udfa rookie from Samford and all he did was go 7/9 for 68 yards and arguably looked better than Rudolph!

The man can coach! And he demands respect and gets it from his players, even AB respected Tomlin and it seems to me AB doesn't respect anyone else.

Piggs will fly when Pitt fires Tomlin and if we are thinking if trading picks for him... Count me out on that!

I get that. It’s why I started my post with “IF Tomlin is let go”. Should have said how big an if that really is

• Like 1