Who do you want as HC

LoganF89

6 hours ago, mike23md said:

Nope, they will hire a guy that will want Haskins and can work with him.  

I think that's the trap that  Snyder & co. will ultimately fall for. The team needs to take a new approach and hire a defensive minded coach. We've invested a lot in Payne, Allen and Sweat for our defense to be Swiss cheese. I'm sick of these offensive guru types to come in and fail here. Seen it with Spurrier, Zorn and now Gruden. 

12 hours ago, taylor made said:

I think that's the trap that  Snyder & co. will ultimately fall for. The team needs to take a new approach and hire a defensive minded coach. We've invested a lot in Payne, Allen and Sweat for our defense to be Swiss cheese. I'm sick of these offensive guru types to come in and fail here. Seen it with Spurrier, Zorn and now Gruden. 

I can agree at least about 33%.

Spurrier was a great college offensive innovator, but his offense didnt work, at the time, in the run heavy NFL. Jim Zorn? Offensive Mind? His greatest asset was teaching QB's how to slide. He was a boob without a bra. 

Jay Gruden is a good offensive mind, but not a great coach. I have not been on board with Mike Tomlin, but I think, going out on a limb, that he might be the guy that could change a culture here. I am being VERY explicit with my wording, A culture. The management culture is never going to change as long as the ownership never changes. The problem with that is that it trickles down at some point and infiltrates the locker room culture. Tomlin might actually be able to push back. 

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, mike23md said:

I can agree at least about 33%.

Spurrier was a great college offensive innovator, but his offense didnt work, at the time, in the run heavy NFL. Jim Zorn? Offensive Mind? His greatest asset was teaching QB's how to slide. He was a boob without a bra. 

Jay Gruden is a good offensive mind, but not a great coach. I have not been on board with Mike Tomlin, but I think, going out on a limb, that he might be the guy that could change a culture here. I am being VERY explicit with my wording, A culture. The management culture is never going to change as long as the ownership never changes. The problem with that is that it trickles down at some point and infiltrates the locker room culture. Tomlin might actually be able to push back. 

I like Mike Tomlin. I don’t want him stuck under Bruce and his reputation ruined. Give me Tomlin and Luis Riddick and I’ll be a happy camper but Bruce isn’t going anywhere so it’s whatever. 

On 9/22/2019 at 9:39 AM, Skins212689 said:

I want Josh McDaniels. i know alot of people believe he's gonna take over after Bill leaves, but when is Belichick actually leaving? 

McDaniels was Tebows HC in Denver and lead them to beat the Steelers in the playoffs. Since than McDaniels has been around greatness in Brady amd Belichick. 

That was John Fox's team that went to the playoffs. McDaniels was a terrible HC. Most Patriot coordinators have been despite "being around greatness"

The Skins HC honestly feel irrelevant. Snyder has created a losing culture in Washington and until that changes, coaches will have a hard time there. I've seen it with the raiders the last 15+ years. The mere fact he's willing to stick with Allen is all we need to see. 

• Like 3

28 minutes ago, big_palooka said:

That was John Fox's team that went to the playoffs. McDaniels was a terrible HC. Most Patriot coordinators have been despite "being around greatness"

The Skins HC honestly feel irrelevant. Snyder has created a losing culture in Washington and until that changes, coaches will have a hard time there. I've seen it with the raiders the last 15+ years. The mere fact he's willing to stick with Allen is all we need to see. 

Absolutely true. We all here cannot understand how Snyder can keep a guy like Allen around. The only answer we ever get is that he doesn't want to tarnish the name Allen who Snyder admired growing up, George Allen. 

Until Allen is gone, real football people are brought in, and the team starts to win again with the right people in place, the level of coaches we will ever see are either young guys looking for a platform or 3rd tier guys like Jim Zorn. 

1 hour ago, big_palooka said:

If Bill Callahan gets this team 6 wins will people say this is Grudens team? 

Edited by Skins212689

45 minutes ago, MKnight82 said:

No.  They need a new culture.  They all need to be fired and a full reboot no matter what happens the rest of the season.  

I asked who would get credit if they got 6 wins? No one seems to want to answer that question. I know they need a new culture. I don't hope or see them keeping Bill as HC even if they were to get 6 wins, but to say he doesn't deserve CREDIT for that is foolish to me. Same as saying McDaniels doesn't deserve CREDIT for taking a Tebow lead team to the playoffs and getting a win or saying It was John Fox team. 

So once again if they do end up with 6 wins would people still say this is Jay's team? 

Edited by Skins212689

31 minutes ago, Skins212689 said:

I asked who would get credit if they got 6 wins? No one seems to want to answer that question. I know they need a new culture. I don't hope or see them keeping Bill as HC even if they were to get 6 wins, but to say he doesn't deserve CREDIT for that is foolish to me. Same as saying McDaniels doesn't deserve CREDIT for taking a Tebow lead team to the playoffs and getting a win or saying It was John Fox team. 

So once again if they do end up with 6 wins would people still say this is Jay's team? 

If that happens , maybe it'll be O'Connell's team 

1 hour ago, Skins212689 said:

The way you worded the question it sounded like you were asking if they win 6 wins should they return.

I'm not sure I understand why what you're asking is relevant  I think whatever happens win-wise this season people will think this is Bruce Allen's team.  He's the one that has assembled the current roster.  

• Like 2