Is Goff actually good?

Bolts223

Man, Goff haters will reach to no ends known to mankind to crap on the guy.

I'm not even a Rams fan and I can see the hate. Saints fans salty because he and the Rams beat them twice in a row, everyone else salty because their QBs can't win them games. 

Congrats Rams fans, you're becoming the Patriots. Keep it going. I'd be happy to drop numerous Superbowls to you at this point just to shut these hatin' clowns down. 

• Like 5

13 minutes ago, DannyB said:

No, they weren't. It really says more about how bad the rest of the league is to be honest.

Ummm that logic is not sound....you're saying that the Patriots weren't good they were just better than everyone else that was bad? The amount of smug that Pat's fans have is unreal....

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, ronjon1990 said:

Man, Goff haters will reach to no ends known to mankind to crap on the guy.

I'm not even a Rams fan and I can see the hate. Saints fans salty because he and the Rams beat them twice in a row, everyone else salty because their QBs can't win them games. 

Congrats Rams fans, you're becoming the Patriots. Keep it going. I'd be happy to drop numerous Superbowls to you at this point just to shut these hatin' clowns down. 

I think most people just remember his first year before McVay and see the last 2 years as fool's gold.

Its possible Belichek laid the blueprint for how to stop McVay's offense in the Super Bowl and we're finally seeing the real Jared Goff again.

3 minutes ago, Riftty said:

Ummm that logic is not sound....you're saying that the Patriots weren't good they were just better than everyone else that was bad? The amount of smug that Pat's fans have is unreal....

Oh, smug as hell, and that's just the start. Don't get me started on Pats fans, they're ridiculous.

(I'm not a Pats fan)

• Like 2

1 minute ago, DannyB said:

Oh, smug as hell, and that's just the start. Don't get me started on Pats fans, they're ridiculous.

(I'm not a Pats fan)

Haha fair enough. I don't think the league was that bad. The Patriots just had some luck on their side. Mahomes was young and their defense just wasn't great.

And Mcvay just got schooled, with Goff showing his age....

2 minutes ago, Riftty said:

Haha fair enough. I don't think the league was that bad. The Patriots just had some luck on their side. Mahomes was young and their defense just wasn't great.

And Mcvay just got schooled, with Goff showing his age....

I live near Boston, I watch them every week, follow them pretty closely. They were NOT that good last year. Some years they really are just that good, last year was not one of those years. A flawed year, and they were just asking to be had, but nobody could freaking capitalize. Stupid Dee Ford not having his stupid foot over the line, and this wouldn't even be a conversation.

13 minutes ago, VanS said:

I think most people just remember his first year before McVay and see the last 2 years as fool's gold.

Its possible Belichek laid the blueprint for how to stop McVay's offense in the Super Bowl and we're finally seeing the real Jared Goff again.

He’s not getting stopped because he’s still winning games.  

most people don’t even watch all the games and judge QBs off one game the one game they see on prime time. 

I get it stats look sexier and people associate the best with great individual stats. That’s fine and all. I care about my team winning  

I may be in the minority here but give me 3x Super Bowl MVP over a 3x Season MVP

give me Montana over Marino.

And before anyone says well Goff lost in the super bowl. Other than Pats fans, ask yourself how many SBs your QB have won or better yet, even made it that far 

Edited by rocky_rams

5 minutes ago, rocky_rams said:

And before anyone says well Goff lost in the super bowl. Other than Pats fans, ask yourself how many SBs your QB have won or better yet, even made it that far 

I'm so tempted to go make a list of active quarterbacks that have either a.) won a Super Bowl, or b.) managed to have their offense score a touchdown against the Patriots in the postseason in their first game facing them

4 minutes ago, DannyB said:

Heavens to Betsy, lemme get some oven mitts before you spit a take this hot!

Most people seem to care about individual stats than winning. I’ll take Eli’s career over Rivers. 

At least my team won a few SBs. I mean that’s what we watch the game right?

Edited by rocky_rams

19 minutes ago, VanS said:

I mean, maybe? But based on what? He's been playing against top knotch competition for as long as people are willing to let the parameters go. 

And I still ask (without answers from his detractors), why this is even a question but another QB with spectacular talent surrounding him isn't catching the same flak for similar (or lesser) results. The "best" answer thus far is the excuse that a certain QB played "only 1 quarter of un-HOF-like" football in one game, conveniently ignoring the other games that fall within the same parameters, which is the laziest hot take I've read since a Skip Bayless draft report. 

Additionally, the same isn't being said for Lamar Jackson, who, aside from 2 games (1 against a piss poor defense) has looked like a "QB" who is destined to fail. 

Baker Mayfield isn't catching this flak despite having 2 of the top receivers in the league, one of whom is arguably the best.

Before last season, Kupp was a flash in the pan unknown, Cooks was a situational deep threat who wouldn't be a true #1 according to many, and Robert Woods was a glorified #2 at best seeking redemption. 

There's really no way around it, Goff's detractors are nothing more than haters who can't formulate, much less defend, any valid argument against him without coming across as ignorant or astonishingly biased. 

While I get what you're saying in relation to the Patriots and Bill, if that's the only metric available, every QB outside of Eli Manning (assuredly never an "elite" QB) and Nick Foles are objectively "bad" QB's. 

No sleight to you, as you bring up a valid point, but it only illustrates the lengths Goff's naysayers have to go to piecemeal together any sort of argument against him. 

• Like 4

7 minutes ago, rocky_rams said:

Most people seem to care about individual stats than winning. I’ll take Eli’s career over Rivers. 

At least my team won a few SBs. I mean that’s what we watch the game right?

As a fan or a player? I mean in both cases, sure, maybe. Doesn't mean Eli is/was a better QB than Rivers.

8 minutes ago, DannyB said:

I'm so tempted to go make a list of active quarterbacks that have either a.) won a Super Bowl, or b.) managed to have their offense score a touchdown against the Patriots in the postseason in their first game facing them

How many of them were 24 and had a 32 year old head coach?

• Like 1