Is Goff actually good?

Bolts223

17 minutes ago, LeotheLion said:

I'm not sure what your thought process was when posting this. Were you thinking it's been 5 hours since posting a tweet showing his last 10 games so I'll now post his last 11? 

Desperation and bitterness, my friend. Desperate to justify Dak's impending albatross, and bitter because the Cowboys can't beat Goff. xD

• Like 1

It’s crazy though. New starters on the Oline. Gurley not being Gurley, and no preseason snaps. Yet we expect Goff to have 1,200 and 12 Tds by week 3. So I’m not sure if this is crazy good or bad. But Goff isn’t allowed any cushions from his detractors lol. We’ve played some really damm good fronts and teams. Sheeesh.

PLAYA HATA BALL 2.0 is out and about this season. Everyone expected the SB hang over and the rams sitting at 1-2 or 0-3.. 

Did y’all see what the saints just did to Seattle? 

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, LeotheLion said:

Applicable to what? We've already seen the numbers posted for his last 10. What do those numbers show to you that hasn't already been discussed? 

Ask him about Goff's last 39 games and see what he says....

Next the argument is going to devolve into "Well judging only his plays that resulted in interceptions or fumbles..."

*To update on an earlier post, my sources at Galatroire's can confirm that Jared Goff did indeed indulge in crawfish penne at some point prior to the NFCCG. Reports are that he enjoyed it, ate with his left hand, and only used his napkin once during the meal. So, just in case anyone feels the need to go that off the rails to crap on the guy, gotcha covered. 

Edited by ronjon1990
  • Like 1

15 minutes ago, jrry32 said:

Desperation and bitterness, my friend. Desperate to justify Dak's impending albatross, and bitter because the Cowboys can't beat Goff. xD

That... or it was literally on reddit and took no effort to copy and paste it as people on there are having the same goff debates.

4 minutes ago, ITS_RAMMY_PLAYBOI said:

It’s crazy though. New starters on the Oline. Gurley not being Gurley, and no preseason snaps. Yet we expect Goff to have 1,200 and 12 Tds by week 3. So I’m not sure if this is crazy good or bad. But Goff isn’t allowed any cushions from his detractors lol. We’ve played some really damm good fronts and teams. Sheeesh.

PLAYA HATA BALL 2.0 is out and about this season. Everyone expected the SB hang over and the rams sitting at 1-2 or 0-3.. 

Literally no on predicted you guys to be 0-3, get real

3 minutes ago, ronjon1990 said:

Ask him about Goff's last 39 games and see what he says....

Wasnt the point of the discussion to talk about how he is not performing up to the levels he previously set? No one is denying that Goff previously played at an elite level. 

1 minute ago, Matts4313 said:

Wasnt the point of the discussion to talk about how he is not performing up to the levels he previously set? No one is denying that Goff previously played at an elite level. 

I don't know what the point of the discussion is at this point. 

Compare his stats to "elite QBs" with similar stats, the excuse is they didn't play a full game. 

Point out injured players, that's an excuse only reserved for players on teams that don't win as often apparently. 

Point out the higher level of caliber defenses, it's merely an "excuse".

Point out a change in gameplan, Goff has clearly reverted to his rookie form. 

Point out that he's out performing unquestionably good QBs at similar points in their careers, and Breesus is going to remind you that the rules changed in 2004 (btw, did you know the rules changed in 2004?) despite it being hardly relevant. 

Point out more than 1 spoonfed fact at a time, and Goff detractors are simply going to ignore 90% of it in favor of a smart*** comment because they realize they've got nothing but empty, biased rhetoric. 

Point out that literally every QB under the sun is going to have a down stretch (and often not against a string of really really good defenses like the Rams' scheduling had them playing) and it only matters that he isn't prime Brady, Rodgers, Brees, et al. and thus he obviously sucks. 

When every point is countered with a counterpoint that makes no sense in any objective manner, there is no "point". 

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, ITS_RAMMY_PLAYBOI said:

Don't try so hard to sound hip. :)

Edited by PapaShogun

Another Goff article posted to Reddit:

McVay has provided Goff with opportunities early on in 2019; his quarterback, as he did in Super Bowl 53, has just squandered them. He currently ranks second-to-last among quarterbacks who have started all of their team’s games in NFL.com’s Completion Percentage Above Expectation metric. Only Mitchell Trubisky has been worse. His QBR is currently sitting at 37.8 (out of 100). Blake Bortles, Goff’s backup, had a QBR of 41.7 in 2018, and he was so bad the Jaguars opted to eat $16.5 million in dead money rather than having him play another down in Jacksonville. Goff’s Pro Football Focus grade is at 66.2 through three weeks, which puts him behind Joe Flacco and only 0.3 points ahead of Eli Manning.

https://ftw.usatoday.com/2019/09/sean-mcvay-jared-goff-super-bowl-adjustments-patriots

22 hours ago, ronjon1990 said:

Ok, lets try this- Drew Brees hardly set the world on fire in 05, 06, or 07 either. 

And plenty of Quarterbacks have come along since "der der rule changeses in 200004!!!!" who were hailed as being "great" early on, many of whom were nowhere near as statistically prolific as Goff, nor did they have the same stellar W/L record he enjoys. In fact, there are vets who were well seasoned by the time 2004 rolled around, who got plenty of credit (yes, AFTER der rulez chaynges) for being "elite" yet still could hardly produce stats or wins at the same rate as Jared Goff. 

See, funny thing is, Matt Ryan, P Rivers, and Aaron Rodgers all weren't starting until after "2004!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! RULE CHANGES", Brees had a rough patch post-2004 but certainly improved overall after a scheme and coaching change (also well post-2004), and even Brady's 04-09 run weren't very special (discounting the lost season and that 1 ridiculously good one). 

Seeing as I used 3 post-2004 first time starters and 2 well renowned vets who really didn't catch their winds until WELL AFTER 2004, your point is really nothing more than an asinine hot take that doesn't prove anything (probably since you couldn't actually make a point to begin with, hence the glaring omission of anything of substance in your post). Go learn the definition of reading comprehension and context before making objectively stupid comments.

Seeing as how there was a massive increase in efficiency after 2004, and especially after 2011, they quite obviously had a significant effect.

Edited by Breesus mode
  • Like 1

14 hours ago, ronjon1990 said:

Man, Goff haters will reach to no ends known to mankind to crap on the guy.

I'm not even a Rams fan and I can see the hate. Saints fans salty because he and the Rams beat them twice in a row, everyone else salty because their QBs can't win them games. 

Congrats Rams fans, you're becoming the Patriots. Keep it going. I'd be happy to drop numerous Superbowls to you at this point just to shut these hatin' clowns down. 

You aren’t very smart