Coopers Cowboys visit the NOLA Teddy Under-waters

Matts4313

2 hours ago, Northland said:

The Cowboys OL was completely dominated by the Saints front 4

The O-line was sleepwalking.They looked disinterested and bored. Fredbeard had a number of blunders. The It is called midseasonitis. Redball is gonna have to do something to get the team focused and motivated. Jimmy would solve the problem by cancelling monday rest day and put the team back into mid training camp mode. Can Clapper yell:

" GET OFF YOUR ***** AND DO YOU JOBS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!" 

Also https://sports.yahoo.com/cowboys-pro-bowl-left-tackle-tyron-smith-suffered-high-ankle-sprain-in-loss-to-saints-132046936.html

1 hour ago, Northland said:

First couple of games were against horrible opponents.  Hard to get an accurate measuring stick of who we are/were.  The entire offense players and coaches stunk it up last night.  As well as the defense played last night they better get ready for the Packers.  Rodgers isn't going to dink and dunk his way down the field.

Im familiar with all that. It doesnt change that our OC said he was going to "take the training wheels" off of Zeke then proceeded to call his worst game as an OC. It was painfully obvious that Zeke was not the answer last night, yet we kept wasting drive after drive. The only time our offense looked good was when we put the ball in Daks hands. 

Though Zeke did have some nice plays in the pass game. 

13 minutes ago, acowboys62 said:

Zeke has notoriously been a slow starter every year.  While it is something to watch, I do not think it is our biggest concern.  Our non existent interior DLine is what ultimately is going to keep us from doing anything worth while.  Oh and the results on Tyron Smith...even if Flemming can handle his own, I expect Dak to get happy feet after the trauma that was Chaz Green. 

Its week 4. It not week 2 any more. And again, the slow starts dont really bother me. What is concerning me is that Zeke looks like he has no agility whatsoever. 

Maybe I am all alone on this, but he just looks slow to me. I know I bash the run game, but Zeke was always a premiere athlete who could go around, over or through you. He just doesnt seem to have that type of explosiveness right now. Whatever he did for offseason training sucked. 

31 minutes ago, HDsportsfan said:

Zeke just seems to be off in someway. Hard to put a finger on it. Besides the obvious of the Saints clogging between the tackles. That aside, he just doesn't seem fluid.

He isnt using the same type of vision hes used in the past to exploit gaps in the defense. Granted the oline didnt help much at all in that department. For the most Dak did his part but why wasnt he getting guys faces Last night? Dak has looked very different but if I had one real gripe about yesterday is that he wasnt firing up his offense cause it's true, almost everyone looked like they were sleep walking. I wonder if they got caught looking ahead. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Matts4313 said:

Maybe I am all alone on this, but he just looks slow to me. I know I bash the run game, but Zeke was always a premiere athlete who could go around, over or through you. He just doesnt seem to have that type of explosiveness right now. Whatever he did for offseason training sucked. 

No I'm right there with you. I don't know how much you can even put this on his 2019 offseason regime, this stuff dates back to last year, specifically the dumpoffs on third and long that he never has any prayer of converting. You can blame the scheme/playcalling/everyone but him all you want, but let's be honest- any of Kamara, McCaffrey or Barkley at least gives you a shot of making one or more dudes miss in a tight area on a 3rd and long checkdown. If Zeke has two guys bearing down on him after the catch it is over- frankly one is usually enough to slow him down until the rest of the defense rallies. He's simply not the best RB in football just because he gets the ball the most.

1 hour ago, matt79511 said:

No I'm right there with you. I don't know how much you can even put this on his 2019 offseason regime, this stuff dates back to last year, specifically the dumpoffs on third and long that he never has any prayer of converting. You can blame the scheme/playcalling/everyone but him all you want, but let's be honest- any of Kamara, McCaffrey or Barkley at least gives you a shot of making one or more dudes miss in a tight area on a 3rd and long checkdown. If Zeke has two guys bearing down on him after the catch it is over- frankly one is usually enough to slow him down until the rest of the defense rallies. He's simply not the best RB in football just because he gets the ball the most.

we are paying like he is the best, so. most NFL RBs could have gotten 35 yds on 18 carries

we are doomed...

Edited by resilient part 2

9 hours ago, Matts4313 said:

This is unbelievable. Makes me wonder how much input JG had on this game. After all he is the common denominator from the last few years. I am a lousy amateur and even I was screaming for the PA all game long. It was our bread and butter in our 1st 3 games. Why abandon it in our first "test"

3 minutes ago, resilient part 2 said:

This is unbelievable. Makes me wonder how much input JG had on this game. After all he is the common denominator from the last few years. I am a lousy amateur and even I was screaming for the PA all game long. It was our bread and butter in our 1st 3 games. Why abandon it in our first "test"

I of course would have no way of knowing and purely speculation, but maybe because the run wasn't working and Moore thought the PA wouldn't work. *shrug*

35 minutes ago, HDsportsfan said:

I of course would have no way of knowing and purely speculation, but maybe because the run wasn't working and Moore thought the PA wouldn't work. *shrug*

yes, but sometimes you can PA to keep the defense honest and better open up some running lanes. There was a great article years ago and showed how much more passing Aikman did in 1st half of games to open up the running game for E Smith and not vice versa. Today's NFL is even much more so now IMO.

Just my 2 cents.

3 hours ago, Matts4313 said:

Im familiar with all that. It doesnt change that our OC said he was going to "take the training wheels" off of Zeke then proceeded to call his worst game as an OC. It was painfully obvious that Zeke was not the answer last night, yet we kept wasting drive after drive. The only time our offense looked good was when we put the ball in Daks hands. 

Though Zeke did have some nice plays in the pass game. 

Its week 4. It not week 2 any more. And again, the slow starts dont really bother me. What is concerning me is that Zeke looks like he has no agility whatsoever. 

Perhaps...but looking at his trend...in 2016 and 2018 he really started to get it going in week 3 (although he had bad games in week 5 and 7 of 2018). And in 2017 he did not get it going until week 5.  Obviously his success depends on the OLine and Passing game success but I don't think through 4 weeks we can say one way or another. 

I do agree that we have not seen the same explosiveness from him...but he hasn't had the room to really be explosive.  I assume our blocking schemes are all the same so none of that should have changed but I do feel like there are a lot of plays where he is going up to Dak almost to get confirmation/assignment/etc. 

Yes, we played an incredibly conservative game and game plan.  When you play like that the small stuff matters more.  Witten’s fumble and Zeke’s fumble were the difference in the game.

BTW... do you guys remember last year when our DL didn’t get an offensive holding called against them for almost the entire year?  The refs tried to make up for that in one game.  It continually put the saints in holes.  Sadly, the defense let them off the hook a few times.

6 minutes ago, The_Slamman said:

Yes, we played an incredibly conservative game and game plan.  When you play like that the small stuff matters more.  Witten’s fumble and Zeke’s fumble were the difference in the game.

BTW... do you guys remember last year when our DL didn’t get an offensive holding called against them for almost the entire year?  The refs tried to make up for that in one game.  It continually put the saints in holes.  Sadly, the defense let them off the hook a few times.

Yea, oddly enough even though we only gave up 12 points I still feel the D deserves some criticism simply because of not getting off the field. TOP I would imagine is lopsided in the Saints favor.