Coopers Cowboys visit the NOLA Teddy Under-waters

Matts4313

47 minutes ago, Tony7188 said:

Zeke is a huge concern 

Zeke reminds me of Trent Richardson right now

As impressive as last week was in Miami, 19 carries for 125 yards, Lets not forget Pollard went 13 Carries for 103 yards

Zeke can't make a cut to save his life right now

Edited by TheGame316

6 hours ago, TheGame316 said:

Zeke reminds me of Trent Richardson right now

As impressive as last week was in Miami, 19 carries for 125 yards, Lets not forget Pollard went 13 Carries for 103 yards

Zeke can't make a cut to save his life right now

Zeke didn't have a good game however he had nowhere to run.  The Cowboys OL was completely dominated by the Saints front 4.  Jim Brown in his prime would have struggled to effectively run the ball last night.

My concern is the injury to Smith (a high ankle situation according to Jerry) and the recovery of Gallup.  Coach Garrett's track record of successfully dealing with injuries to key players is not good.  If Smith is out for an extended period of time along with Gallup the potential for the wheels to come off is very real.  

21 minutes ago, Northland said:

Zeke didn't have a good game however he had nowhere to run.  The Cowboys OL was completely dominated by the Saints front 4.  Jim Brown in his prime would have struggled to effectively run the ball last night.

My concern is the injury to Smith (a high ankle situation according to Jerry) and the recovery of Gallup.  Coach Garrett's track record of successfully dealing with injuries to key players is not good.  If Smith is out for an extended period of time along with Gallup the potential for the wheels to come off is very real.  

I dont think anyone would claim he had great lanes. But he just looks soooo slooow to me compared to what he normally is. Several times he got tackled in one on one situations. You get paid that much money, you need to be able to make at least one guy miss. 

2 minutes ago, Matts4313 said:

I dont think anyone would claim he had great lanes. But he just looks soooo slooow to me compared to what he normally is. Several times he got tackled in one on one situations. You get paid that much money, you need to be able to make at least one guy miss. 

I'm going to give him the benefit of the doubt for now.  

1 minute ago, Northland said:

I'm going to give him the benefit of the doubt for now.  

Its week 4, how much longer does he need? Here is what scares me:

First couple games we rely on Dak, we look great. Then Kellen Moore says we are done "easing" Zeke in; we are "taking the training wheels" off of him. And what does Moore do? He calls the same type of ineffective, low creativity game that Linehan did. This isnt 1993 any more. Basing your entire offense on forcing the run game is just bad scheming. 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Matts4313 said:

Its week 4, how much longer does he need? Here is what scares me:

First couple games we rely on Dak, we look great. Then Kellen Moore says we are done "easing" Zeke in; we are "taking the training wheels" off of him. And what does Moore do? He calls the same type of ineffective, low creativity game that Linehan did. This isnt 1993 any more. Basing your entire offense on forcing the run game is just bad scheming. 

First couple of games were against horrible opponents.  Hard to get an accurate measuring stick of who we are/were.  The entire offense players and coaches stunk it up last night.  As well as the defense played last night they better get ready for the Packers.  Rodgers isn't going to dink and dunk his way down the field.

1 hour ago, Matts4313 said:

Zeke has notoriously been a slow starter every year.  While it is something to watch, I do not think it is our biggest concern.  Our non existent interior DLine is what ultimately is going to keep us from doing anything worth while.  Oh and the results on Tyron Smith...even if Flemming can handle his own, I expect Dak to get happy feet after the trauma that was Chaz Green.