GDT "Black and Blue Division" Edition: Vikings & Bears 9/29/19

beardown3231

3 minutes ago, beardown3231 said:

I wanted Dallas to win actually. Rack up as many L's as possible before Brees comes back. Oh well

Both teams have 2 conference wins. Dallas was undefeated and already has 2 division wins and the Saints were 2-1 and have yet to play a division game.

5 minutes ago, JustAnotherFan said:

Both teams have 2 conference wins. Dallas was undefeated and already has 2 division wins and the Saints were 2-1 and have yet to play a division game.

That's the thing. Both divisions stink, besides the Bucs and Eagles. I'd much rather see NO rack up losses now than count on them later. I'd also rather go to Dallas in January than New Orleans. NO being 2-0 without Brees is scary especially considering they next play Tampa at home and Jacksonville on the road, two games they really should win, after winning in Seattle and home vs Dallas, two games they shouldn't have won on paper.

55 minutes ago, beardown3231 said:

That's the thing. Both divisions stink, besides the Bucs and Eagles. I'd much rather see NO rack up losses now than count on them later. I'd also rather go to Dallas in January than New Orleans. NO being 2-0 without Brees is scary especially considering they next play Tampa at home and Jacksonville on the road, two games they really should win, after winning in Seattle and home vs Dallas, two games they shouldn't have won on paper.

Why shouldn't they have won those games? This is the same team that had the best record in the NFC last year. 

I mean Brees is a very good QB but you are basically discounting the rest of their team when in fact they are pretty darn solid overall.

Bridgewater is no worse than Daniel as a back up QB.

I think it's fine that NO won today. Evens out the NFC this way.

Instead of thinking of going to Dallas or NO in January how bout start thinking they may have to come to Chicago instead?

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, topwop1 said:

Why shouldn't they have won those games? This is the same team that had the best record in the NFC last year. 

I mean Brees is a very good QB but you are basically discounting the rest of their team when in fact they are pretty darn solid overall.

Instead of thinking of going to Dallas or NO in January how bout start thinking they may have to come to Chicago instead?

I was gonna leave it alone because felt like this wasn't the thread for it but I'm glad someone is seeing like I am.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, topwop1 said:

Because no matter how good a team looks, usually when a first ballot HOF QB gets hurt and a guy who hasn't played in 3 years replaces him, there are struggles. Also, going to Seattle is never easy but they made it look so. They also just held an undefeated team to 10 points.

Which is exactly why I'd want to see them lose more when the opportunity presents itself.

Of course. I'd rather see New Orleans be 2-3 or 2-4 when Brees gets back. That's all I'm saying, because now it's looking like they'll be 4-2 or 5-1 when he does, and I trust that Prescott has a better chance of crapping himself

2 hours ago, beardown3231 said:

You would think that but you just never know with the NFL.  Bucs look like they can hang with teams this year and they actually beat NO last year in the Superdome when Brees was playing.  

After that the Saints go on the road to play the Jags.  Say what you want about that team but they still have a very good roster and Minshew is playing very well so I'm sure they won't give NO an easy time.

Then Saints come to play us at Soldier Field after we come out of the bye week.

It's not that crazy to think that they can lose the next 3 games before Brees comes back.

8 minutes ago, topwop1 said:

You would think that but you just never know with the NFL.  Bucs look like they can hang with teams this year and they actually beat NO last year in the Superdome when Brees was playing.  

After that the Saints go on the road to play the Jags.  Say what you want about that team but they still have a very good roster and Minshew is playing very well so I'm sure they won't give NO an easy time.

Then Saints come to play us at Soldier Field after we come out of the bye week.

It's not that crazy to think that they can lose the next 3 games before Brees comes back.

I hope you're right.

What’s up with Diggs?

There was a trade request rumor about a week ago that Diggs and his agent quickly shut down. 

He has deleted most of his Instagram pics and now moderates the comments on there

Posting cryptic tweets and stories on social media

Hasn’t spoken with the media in a week. Apparently left soldier field yesterday in full pads

I think Bears may have broke another team.  Seemed to happen a lot last year.  A number of teams went really downhill after playing us last year.  

• Like 1