Around The NFL: Gameday Talk

Jroc04

30 minutes ago, 808 said:

I feel you bruh. Been sipping the Kool-aid since we beat Carolina on TNF. Yeah the Wentz injury was a major set back, but it is not unprecedented that a back-up QB wins a Super Bowl.

Speaking of everyone needing to believe, where is your Foles avy RBreezy?!?

Exactly the right mindset there my man

And I'll get on that right now lol

Pessimism (although I'd still argue it's realism here) is a natural defense mechanism that any very emotionally invested sports fan will inevitably develop after following a franchise like the Eagles. Maybe it's a cycle though, because I remember early I was the eternal optimist on this forum and was annoyed by negative posts, but many of those same posters are now the ones brushing off 500 yards to the Giants and saying we'll be fine without our MVP QB and suddenly very suspect defense.

1 hour ago, RandyMossIsBoss said:

Pessimism (although I'd still argue it's realism here) is a natural defense mechanism that any very emotionally invested sports fan will inevitably develop after following a franchise like the Eagles. Maybe it's a cycle though, because I remember early I was the eternal optimist on this forum and was annoyed by negative posts, but many of those same posters are now the ones brushing off 500 yards to the Giants and saying we'll be fine without our MVP QB and suddenly very suspect defense.

Think people just want a reason to be happy about the season. Using your brain leads you to the conclusion that we aren't likely to do much in the playoffs, but anything can happen so might as well enjoy the run while we are here. I mean, how many times are the Eagles going to be 12-2 after 14 games.... not very often. It sucks we lost Carson, but gotta find some way to enjoy this season while it is here, cause there isn't gunna be many of these.

4 minutes ago, Danger said:

Yeah but why wouldn't they be coming to Philadelphia is what I'm asking\.

No because of the rotation we play all of the NFC south next year
And will play the Vikings at home and the Rams away

we played the NFC west so this year was every six year guarantee that we will have a game at the rams.

they are on a different

It's a by division thing...like all of the NFC East does exactly the same thing.

Looking into it, it rotates. So last year and next year we have an away game at the NFC West, with playing 2 this year as we are playing the division.
In 2014 we played all of the division and played the west in home games in 2013 and 2015.

So that goes to show you why sometimes it feels like we are ALWAYS playing somewhere.

If the stars align you could play at the same team 3 years in a row away.

36 minutes ago, Kiltman said:

is 2019 the year they are going to have their own stadium not to fill?

Yeah 2019, was hoping it would have been done by the next time Eagles came to LA. But alas, your boy is most likely going to at least one road game next year too. 

22 minutes ago, 808 said:

Yeah 2019, was hoping it would have been done by the next time Eagles came to LA. But alas, your boy is most likely going to at least one road game next year too. 

Looking at it 2019 we barely have to travel...I wonder if Brady is still playing then, probably will be

But hey..in 2020 we'll play at the Niners and at Arizona, those are two driveable games right?

and 2021 you could go to see them in Vegas

1 minute ago, Kiltman said:

Looking at it 2019 we barely have to travel...I wonder if Brady is still playing then, probably will be

But hey..in 2020 we'll play at the Niners and at Arizona, those are two driveable games right?

and 2021 you could go to see them in Vegas

All very true my man. I'll be going to as many as I can. 

But the bottom line is, I need my son to get a little older so we can just go to a home opener at the Linc. 

Archived