Around The NFL: Gameday Talk

Jroc04

1 hour ago, EaglesPeteC said:

I wonder what game is the Sunday night game next week? Carolina Altanta one would think but if the Saints win then that game is meaningless to Carolina. They'll get the 5th seed regaurdless. 

If I'm remembering this correctly, there isn't a late game on Sunday for Week 17. But I could be wrong

I still think Marcus is being held back. I was watching that game, they were using very obvious run/pass personnel groups. 3WRs=pass, multiple TEs=run. Derrick Henry is still sharing the load with Demarco Murray. All his WRs except 1 are big slow possession guys Decker, Matthews, Davis. the OL is on par with ours if it’s not coming out quick they QB does get hit. Let’s also remember he’s been nicked. They are a power football team who doesn’t match up with most teams. 

16 hours ago, EaglesPeteC said:

Meanwhile the superstars that hung 29 on the Eagles are getting shut out.

It's a Divisional Game. Doesn't matter in the slightest to me. Just like Miami beating NE or TB almost beating Carolina yesterday? Teams get pumped up when rivalries are concerned. Records go out the door.

4 hours ago, nlesthought said:

I still think Marcus is being held back. I was watching that game, they were using very obvious run/pass personnel groups. 3WRs=pass, multiple TEs=run. Derrick Henry is still sharing the load with Demarco Murray. All his WRs except 1 are big slow possession guys Decker, Matthews, Davis. the OL is on par with ours if it’s not coming out quick they QB does get hit. Let’s also remember he’s been nicked. They are a power football team who doesn’t match up with most teams. 

He's a bust. He's holding that team back, not the other way around. Good college QB for the gimmicks he ran at Oregon, but not an NFL caliber QB.

2 hours ago, Phire said:

He's a bust. He's holding that team back, not the other way around. Good college QB for the gimmicks he ran at Oregon, but not an NFL caliber QB.

I really don't think this is true at all. He certainly isn't special, but he is at least an above average NFL QB. He is actually really accurate from the pocket and can help his team win games. Think the issue is their offense is anemic at times when the running game is shut down and their defense is too up and down.

If I was Tennessee, I would hold on to Mariota for at least another contract to see where he can take them.

Archived